Wintertime Projects - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 9:59 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Wintertime Projects

Anyone doing some wintertime projects? Let's hear what's in store for the rainy season (since that is all we got right now).

I'm doing some garage improvements. I fixed the attic ladder much to betterment of anyone standing under it especially me. I'm improving the air lines through the "shop" with a retractable hose reel, a water separator and an outlet with coil hose mounted over the Handy Lift. No more tripping on airhoses.

Next is better storage for the junk and better lighting over the work bench. After that I'll install a couple of theater seats with cup holders for John and Art at the next tech session . Don't forget to bring the big torque wrench John. Just kidding! Ouch! I didn't know that torque wrence came with stitches.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 10:32 pm

Hello Ernie,
I hope all is well with your shoulder. I have actually been out riding the last few days. Short rides, 40-75 miles a day. Just taking the long way to the store or to visit a friend. I just started installing my new intercom a few hours ago. Have the helmet wired up and the unit as well. I tapped into the rear speaker wires. The stereo sounds great, I tried my cell phone and it sounds really clear. Just need to run the wires and mount it somewhere(cell phone) Radar detector is in the works as well.
I hope you guys are not effected by the flooding. I'll be selling my old autocom M1 if you know anyone who needs one. Lets get together soon......

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #3 of 5 Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 1:22 pm

Big List

I've got lots of intentions but I've not done much to realize my goals. I've not even been out here very much lately. Here is the start of my list:

LT Projects to do

• Canister removal.
  • Pump install. Includes Pump, hose, gauge
  • Bluesea fuse blocks. One up front. One in rear.
  • Convert front markers into signals.
  • Wings of some color.
  • Saddle bag lights.
  • Cee Baily windscreen with wings.
  • Figure switch panel for accessories.
  • Shelf or something to mount
    • GPS
    • Valentine One
    • FRS radio
    • ?
Things to buy
  • Pump
  • Hose
  • Gauge
  • Tire change machine.
  • Balance kit
By the way Ernie, how the heck you doing? I'm glad that you are upgrading your garage a bit. While you are at it if you could get one of those recliners with a vibrating back massagers that would be great

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 3:31 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by artk50
By the way Ernie, how the heck you doing? I'm glad that you are upgrading your garage a bit. While you are at it if you could get one of those recliners with a vibrating back massagers that would be great [/font]
Got'cha covered! Do you want a cup holder with that?

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #5 of 5 Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 4:58 pm

Cup holder to go with the "Keg O Rator"? Yeah buddy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in