Riding Partner(s) for CCR 2006? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Dec 6th, 2005, 9:34 pm Thread Starter

Question Riding Partner(s) for CCR 2006?

I know this seems like a long way off but I am planning an extended three week trip around CCR 2006. Though I am fully capable of going solo it is usually more enjoyable sharing experiences like this with others.

There is considerable scenic splendor between here and Atlanta that I have never had the opportunity to explore. I plan on running about half the trip on scenic byways or off the slabs. My current to/from ride plan takes me through 22 states and of course this could change to accommodate other peoples interests if there are others that might want to accompany me. I expect a few more states are a possibility during the CCR.

Though I will travel one-up going to/from the CCR my wife will be flying down to meet me. This is not an Iron Butt type run trying to pile on 1000 mile days. That doesn't mean there won't be one but that is not my objective for this trip. I am into digital photography and I want to take time to shutterbug.

I will probably do a combination of camping and motels unless that doesn't work for the riding partners. I'm planning on having a new Uni-go by then to haul all the pertinent equipment whatever that may end up being.

If this sounds like something one or some of you might be interested in planning and doing let me know and we can have a get together after the holidays to kick things off.

I am not interestest in spending time planning a trip with someone who cancels at the last minute because their step-sisters third cousin twice removed is graduating from barber college . So if you have a problem with commitment please go your own way . My feminine side must be coming out .

Now I'm really just a really nice, accountable and relatively funny person. Really I am, so if you are of the same persuasion let's get a plan together and ride .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Dec 7th, 2005, 2:33 pm

Hello Jim,
Way to early for me to commit, But I will keep you in mind. I have not decided if I am going to ccr 06 yet. I am in the very early stages of planning a nice long trip back east though. I am keeping an open mind till I see who might be interested and what requirements they may have. And of course how much vacation time I have left! You should join us NWesters on some of our get togethers. Good group of people and we have a good time. Maybe we could get together for a taco thursday in the mean time. I would like to see us (NW) do some longer rides.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #3 of 9 Old Dec 7th, 2005, 2:42 pm
Rider Journeyman

Really I am.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd98056
....Now I'm really just a really nice, accountable and relatively funny person. Really I am......
Judging by your avitar, I would have included, "homely"

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #4 of 9 Old Dec 7th, 2005, 8:42 pm Thread Starter

I have already started joining in. I was on the ice run down to Centailia .

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)

post #5 of 9 Old Dec 7th, 2005, 9:00 pm Thread Starter

This year my work schedule and work travel has been killing my motoring activities and next year could be just as bad. I think I made it to two Taco Thursdays all year. I usually do the Royal Bear/Yella Beak/City Hall/Vinnies loop but on occasion I have done the Alki/Central/Cow Girls scene for a little change of pace. I haven't gotten down to Tacoma yet. Where are the good spots down there? I assume the Cloud 9 is one spot.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)

post #6 of 9 Old Dec 8th, 2005, 8:42 pm

Jim.
I went to Alki last night with a bunch of friends. No tacos but good beer! I really haven't really been to many biker pubs in Tacoma except The dock st tavern. They have a 2.99 burger with fries on tues and tacos on thurs.decent food and great drinks and beer. I heard some one say the yella beak had burned down, But I have not looked into it. I'm heading out of town (way out) tomorrow night and I'll be gone for a week or so. But would like to take a ride or two around Christmas break.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #7 of 9 Old Dec 8th, 2005, 10:33 pm Thread Starter

The Yella Beak did burn down about three years ago. A brand spanking new Yella Beak opened two years ago. They do a Thunder Thursday but don't do tacos. The last two years they gave out free raffle tickets every week for the chance at winning a custom built chopper that they build right at the Yella Beak throughout the summer.

There is a pretty good ebb and flow of motorcycles between there and the City Hall Saloon in Cumberland. The City Hall does tacos and has live bands entertaining through most of the riding season out in their beer garden. I have seen 500 motorcycles there on nice sunny Thursdays.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)

post #8 of 9 Old Jan 12th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Jim,
I'll be riding solo to and from Atlanta, so depending on your 'vector' we could join-up and ride from here or another mutual meeting point ... you'll already have a minimum of 815 miles under your belt ... so its your choice of where we might connect ...

Dave Frederick

Clinton UT
'05 Light Yellow Metallic LT

'05 Monochromatic Mulberry Red Triumph Rocket III

'12 Triple Black R1200GSA
post #9 of 9 Old Jan 12th, 2006, 9:50 pm Thread Starter

I won't be hitting Utah on the way to CCR but I will be on the trip back. I am currently looking at crossing Colorodo from SE to NW to hit a number of scenic by-ways but I am open to options seeing as how that is your neck o' the woods. Actually as it stands right now my route goes right through Clinton, US40 to Colorodo SR318 to Wyoming SR430 to I-80W to I-84W. Actually Flaming Gorge looks interesting and I was already thinking of coming through Utah that way. That still takes my route through Clinton.

On the return trip I think I am only travelling on Interstates for a short stretch in Alabama, about a third of Oklahoma, Northern Utah and Southern Idaho. Everything else is US or state highways or whatever.

I am taking a little more northern route to CCR but I won't be that far from your neck of the woods. I'll be going through Yellowstone. If the weather cooperates I want take time to get photo opportunities at Yellowstone, Devil's Tower, Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands. I'm not talking from a RAM mounted camera on the handlebars. I mean walk around and take lots of pictures, ad nauseum. I may actually take three or four days to get through Wyoming and South Dakota. I have a little more Interstate action on the route to CCR because of the time I want to take in this area, probably about half the trip after leaving the Badlands. I will be going down through Deals Gap .

I'm sure we can work something out. I will send you an PM with my direct contact information.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in