Service at Portland Motorcycle - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Oct 1st, 2005, 2:06 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Service at Portland Motorcycle

Just got the LT back from PDX Motorcycle. The experience was very positive this time. They were professional, communicated well and were right on the mark for meeting their time commitments. In addition to the 6K service, they totally replaced the rear shock assembly and fixed the trunk strap. Both were covered under warranty with no questions or problems. They called me after hours last night to confirm that the bike was ready to pick up this morning as we had discussed this week. Parts came in and the work was done timely.

I recognized Katie in the shop, so I see you decided to give them a try John. I sure hope you will have a positive experience like I did. For what it's worth, I told them that you were a high-roller in the BMW world and to pull out all of the stops. They took note and thanked me for the tip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 12:01 pm

Wink Pdx Bmw

Gee Tks Dan! I think. Hope that tip you passed on to them works favorably. Yeah, they didn't really argue at all about accepting the responsibility for the failure of the seal. In fact the Service Mgr even got the Area Service Rep (at my suggestion) to pick up the bulk of the tab for the Tow job! They (BMW) covered the first $100 of the tow! It looks right now like my total bill will be about $33 for the balance of the Tow from Hillsboro to PDX!

As far as when we will see Katie again, they actually have me slated for an open slot next Friday morning. However, since we did get the Bike into them early, the Service Mgr mentioned that if they do get ahead on their other tasks they just might get to it sooner. Not too worried right now since looking out the window shows nothing but 100% humidity for the immediate future, so the timing was right!

Glad to see they honored the warrenty on those items for your Bike as well!

John
post #3 of 14 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 2:04 pm
Lifetime Supporter

That's Good News

John,
That is good news that BMW is giving you a break. I hope you get your Katy out of time out on time for a ride this coming weekend. I hear that we might have some sun breaks. I'm hoping to get a couple rides in before I face shoulder surgery which will happen soon. I'm looking at 6 weeks off our beauiful machine. I guess it will be time for some farkles! Talk to you soon.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #4 of 14 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 5:46 pm Thread Starter

Temporary Respite

Ernie,

Sorry to hear that youíre going to loose some saddle time. I donít think we have gotten a chance to join you for a ride, but would like to do so in the future. We will be hoping for a fast recovery.

Dan & Debbie

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
2003 K1200LT (anthracite) sold
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

post #5 of 14 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 6:33 pm

From what I understand when you ride with Ernie he scouts ahead and then waits for you. Someone said it was like he was flying low or something.
post #6 of 14 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 7:46 pm

Miss Manners

Golly-
If my Honda trail 110 would make it I would certainly be there. Since that is the only horse in the stable right now I had best decline, since I couldn't carry enough bail money in my shoe.~;-)
I sure like that you guys are doing a local tech session. One of these days I promise I will show up.

Coni Fitch
post #7 of 14 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 12:56 am

Unhappy Don't rush things

Ernie, sorry to hear about your planned convalescence from riding, but hope it makes for a much better shoulder in the future buddy! Main thing is to listen to the Dr and do the PT when he prescribes it.

And we'll hook up again on a Tech Session for sure. Who knows, maybe we'll just have to all hop on our Bikes one weekend in the future and ride on up to Seattle to show them Washingtonians how to host a Session!

Are you listening Brian?

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #8 of 14 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Smile "The Scout"

Quote:
Originally Posted by artk50
From what I understand when you ride with Ernie he scouts ahead and then waits for you. Someone said it was like he was flying low or something.
I wonder where you would acquire such erroneous information? Perhaps that is why I have to ride with Honda's and Harley's anymore. I can't beg a ride with another LT rider. With feelings appropriately bruised I'm signing up for the Team Oregon beginning class and starting over.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #9 of 14 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 3:39 pm
Lifetime Supporter

John,

I'm not down yet, but close. My sports surgery from 29 years ago failed in a silly softball game just 3 days before leaving for CCR. I was in a lot of pain when not on the bike. Funny thing was the sitting position and handlebar height was just right for comfort. Gotta like therapy like that. I was able to put down 7.25k miles in 14days. Putting the beauty on her center stand is my only issue right now. Next surgery consult is on the 19th. Going into our busy season at work right now and of course work would like me to postpone the inevitable for a few months. We'll see. In the mean time this weekend I'm hosting Clayton and his riding buddy from the Renton area for a Level 2 service and some other good things. Pauline and I are going to ride rain or shine Sunday just to get some more of that good "therapy." If you are not busy this weekend give me a call. It would be nice to ride with another LT and try out the ICOM. Afterall, it is hard riding with Honda's and Harley's all the time.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #10 of 14 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 3:49 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps we can still get in a couple rides before going under the knife. That is if you and the others can use a good "scout". I thinking a ride out Hwy 14 on Sunday (rain or shine) for a look at the Fall colors is in order. I would like to come back through the scenic Gorge hwy by Multnomah Falls. Anyone interested? I'll be the guy with the porkchop tied around his neck being surrounded by dogs and hogs looking for a fun ride.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #11 of 14 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 3:54 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
I never had that problem with him. I could always see him clearly in my mirrors.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #12 of 14 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 4:34 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Wink Strike One

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
I never had that problem with him. I could always see him clearly in my mirrors.
Now how do I use that new annoyance thingy???

Precicely what I was thinking when I read Art's post. I think he was thinking I was you, but how could that mistake ever happen.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #13 of 14 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 6:48 pm

You both crack me up

I see that there is a chance for NON rain this weekend.
post #14 of 14 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 2:41 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Smile Ride?

Quote:
You both crack me up

I see that there is a chance for NON rain this weekend.
A chance for a ride on Sunday? Did someone say ride?

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in