Ride on Saturday? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old May 7th, 2007, 9:39 pm Thread Starter

Ride on Saturday?

Hello…anybody out there….

OK, I agree that the weather is too nice to be on the computer when you can be out riding. I was out riding myself on Saturday and happened to go by Clark College. The campus was teaming with bicyclists taking part in the annual Ride Around Clark County (RACC). I did a lot of cycling in a former life and remember the 100 mile route as being very scenic. It goes east around Lacamas Lake, then north through the Hockinson hills to Battle Ground, continuing north to Yacolt & Amboy. It then heads west through the scenic Cedar Creek / Lewis River area, and south through La Center to Daybreak Park. It finally goes west toward Ridgefield, then south through Felida.

Anyway, I’m thinking that this would be a nice leisurely ride on motor bikes. The route markers are fresh and easy to spot. It might be kind of fun to ride the old country roads and you don’t even need a map or the GPS and anyone can lead. This Sunday is Mother’s Day I believe, but I was thinking that I would see if anyone is interested in a RACC on Saturday morning or afternoon.

Anyone interested? Do you have some other ideas?

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
2003 K1200LT (anthracite) sold
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old May 7th, 2007, 10:15 pm

Dan,
I am currently in Ohio harassing the waitesses(Some one must do it while Joe is gone) I should be back friday afternoon. I would be great to see you guys down there again so I am interested. I'll keep my eye on the NW site for details. Hopefully I will not miss it, Especially with the NW forum being as busy as it is these days!

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #3 of 11 Old May 10th, 2007, 10:55 pm

Cool

Unfortunately, I'm still in Salt Lake City and probably will be until about the 22nd. The weather here is outstanding as I've found checking Washougal as well. I need to be there or have my bike here!!! Have a good ride.

Denny

post #4 of 11 Old May 11th, 2007, 2:57 am

Dan,
I just got my GT back together after adding an HID and am getting new Avon Storms put on tomorrow. I will break them in by chasing distant Grand Tour points, probably with an overnight on the road somewhere, as Judy is out of town at her Mom's for the weekend. Have fun on the RACC and I'll catch you on the next one.

06 GT "MitchRider" 55,XXX Miles of Smiles!
02 LT Semi-Retired & 155,XXX Miles of Great Memories
BBG, B2B, 100CCC, Four Corners, SS3000, SS5000

"Part of getting older is that you spend less time waiting for things and realize that road time is finite; one starts to relish every ride, every day now as a gift."
post #5 of 11 Old May 11th, 2007, 12:51 pm
Lifetime Supporter

We have been in Redding for a week now with a family emergency. My mom took ill and has had 4 life saving surgeries since last Friday. Things are now stablized and we will come home for the weekend and Pauline will stay. I will come back down and spend most of the week helping my dad prepare for living alone for the next few months. No rest for the Baby Boomers!

We will be leaving Saturday morning and taking the longer way home. We are thinking of taking hwy 139 from Susanville through KFalls and Lakeview cut through to 97 just below Bend and catch a couple checkpoints on the way home. If that plan falls through we will slab it home up the "5". YUK

I hope your ride pans out. If it happens to fall south of Portland somewhere call me and perhaps we can hook up on our way home. It would sure be good to see all of you.

Ernie and Pauline

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #6 of 11 Old May 11th, 2007, 1:14 pm Thread Starter

Our Thoughts and Prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieA
We have been in Redding for a week now with a family emergency. My mom took ill and has had 4 life saving surgeries since last Friday. Things are now stablized and we will come home for the weekend and Pauline will stay. I will come back down and spend most of the week helping my dad prepare for living alone for the next few months. No rest for the Baby Boomers!

We will be leaving Saturday morning and taking the longer way home. We are thinking of taking hwy 139 from Susanville through KFalls and Lakeview cut through to 97 just below Bend and catch a couple checkpoints on the way home. If that plan falls through we will slab it home up the "5". YUK

I hope your ride pans out. If it happens to fall south of Portland somewhere call me and perhaps we can hook up on our way home. It would sure be good to see all of you.

Ernie and Pauline
Ernie,

Very sorry to hear about your mom. You folks will be in our thoughts and prayers. I have done a lot of praying in the last few weeks. It has been a while, however, so I think they thought it was a wrong number at first. I think they have it figured out now. They keep good records up there.

Please let us know if we can do anything and have a safe ride.

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

post #7 of 11 Old May 11th, 2007, 11:35 pm

Ernie,
Sorry to hear about your mom, I hope your mom and dad get through this okay.

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #8 of 11 Old May 11th, 2007, 11:44 pm

Dan,
I will check this forum in the morning to see if anything is going on. I just may take a ride up to mount Rainier. It supposedly reopened last week or so.

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #9 of 11 Old May 12th, 2007, 10:47 am Thread Starter

Ride Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
Dan,
I will check this forum in the morning to see if anything is going on. I just may take a ride up to mount Rainier. It supposedly reopened last week or so.
Brian,

Sent you a PM.

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

post #10 of 11 Old May 16th, 2007, 4:58 pm

Cool

Sorry to hear about your mom, Ernie. Been there myself. I'm still in SLC for at least another week without my bike of course - that was a major mistake, but I had to haul too much s___. Thinking of you and Pauline - and, Dan and Debbie.

Denny
post #11 of 11 Old May 16th, 2007, 5:48 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avonfloater
Sorry to hear about your mom, Ernie. Been there myself. I'm still in SLC for at least another week without my bike of course - that was a major mistake, but I had to haul too much s___. Thinking of you and Pauline - and, Dan and Debbie.

Denny
Thanks Denny. This group has been very supportive. Mom is not doing well. We remain hopeful for a turn-around for her sake. Hurry back to the NWet so we all can do some riding.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in