Cambria Ride Update - Only 2 Weeks! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Apr 19th, 2007, 3:01 pm Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Cambria Ride Update - Only 2 Weeks!

It's almost here! The ride to Cambria is just over 2 weeks away, and I for one am ready to go! We have folks coming from literally around the country which makes it just that much more fun.

Our current headcount is 49 people which is a few more than we had lat year. I think we have all but 2-3 rooms at the Bluebird so the place is effectively ours (just try not to frighten the "non-believers" staying there ). The folks who own the place are really looking forward to having us back this year; they've commented every time I've talked with them about what a great group we were/are.

Dinner is set at Las Cambritas for Saturday night. We have the deck starting at 6 p.m. and they'll have the buffet ready to go by 6:30. There is a small change in the dinner pricing. When we originally put this together we estimated about $22 per person for dinner with tax and tip, which includes the all you can eat buffet (Carne Asada, Chicken and all the fixin's for fajita style tacos and such) and soft drinks, tea, and coffee (all you can drink of those). With the harsh freeze over the winter affecting produce costs as well as spikes in beef prices, the dinner cost has moved up a little to $25 per person including everything above as before. I know it's a change, but still a failry small one, and the quality of the food and service we get is worth the little extra, I believe. PM me if you think otherwise and I'll see what I can do.

This is going to be a great ride and a great time to reconnect with old friends and make some new ones. I'm looking forward to seeing you all there!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Apr 19th, 2007, 9:15 pm Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho
If you figure tax and tip is about 28% of the bill that makes it $17.99 per person. Just can't argue with value like that especially in a location like Cambria. Is this a group bill? Would it help you if we all brought cash for dinner?

Good point, thanks Bob!

I will either be coming around to the tables or collecting for dinner at the door as folks arrive, so yes please bring cash for dinner. That way we can get a good headcount and settle up fairly with the restaurant, too.

(cross posted from Nor Cal forum)

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in