MOA Mileage Awards - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Apr 4th, 2007, 3:55 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up MOA Mileage Awards

Well Mr. Mitchell, you did it once again. Top honors for Oregon and #2 in the NW behind a WA rider (pg. 115 in this months issue of BMW-ON) 26,096 is a fair decent amount in the saddle. Perhaps you can slow down a little and let us workin' folks catch up with you?

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Apr 4th, 2007, 7:44 pm

Thumbs up Fun Miles

Thanks, Ernie.
Some of the most fun miles have been riding around the NW with you guys!
Your 21334 miles is outstanding and well ahead of the third place Oregon rider. Is this more or less than last year for you?

This may be a down mileage year for me as my son-in-law who has been running the "day to day" portion of our building business is leaving to do other things. My "riding time" will definitely be impacted.
To bad that Daytona was in March instead of after the official start of the annual BMW mileage numbers, as that 4500 miles would have been a good start for the year! Oh well, if I end up adding 30,000 miles by the end of the year I should reach the 200,000BMW miles plateau.
Jeff

Last edited by Mitch_Rider; Apr 4th, 2007 at 8:27 pm.
post #3 of 15 Old Apr 5th, 2007, 3:00 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_Rider
Thanks, Ernie.
Some of the most fun miles have been riding around the NW with you guys!
Your 21334 miles is outstanding and well ahead of the third place Oregon rider. Is this more or less than last year for you?

This may be a down mileage year for me as my son-in-law who has been running the "day to day" portion of our building business is leaving to do other things. My "riding time" will definitely be impacted.
To bad that Daytona was in March instead of after the official start of the annual BMW mileage numbers, as that 4500 miles would have been a good start for the year! Oh well, if I end up adding 30,000 miles by the end of the year I should reach the 200,000BMW miles plateau.
Jeff
I was 212 miles short of 2005, but felt it wasn't bad for starting out the year with shoulder surgery. I might best 2006 this year. July will bring a CC into the mix, or perhaps a Great Lakes loop. Then throw in the two Canada loops, CCR and an Alabama jaunt, and I might just bring home some miles. The good news is the LT can take it.

I applied for my 100k award and still haven't seen it. BMWWO has it re-ordered. BTW, they are having an open house on the 14th. Are you going to be back up here?

Congrats Jeff. You and your mileage clicks make me smile.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #4 of 15 Old Apr 5th, 2007, 9:53 am

Ernie,
Tell me about your CC and Alabama jaunt?? Is one of those over Memorial Day? Sounds fun.
I'm scheduled to be back in town Monday(is the weather good yet? LOL), so should be there for the open house on the 14th. Am anxious to get home to the GT and get the Avons on. It will be a few days for that as the bike is currently all stripped down in the garage for farkle wiring. If you and/or Ken want to see one "naked" you should come by.
Jeff
post #5 of 15 Old Apr 5th, 2007, 12:57 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Ernie,
Tell me about your CC and Alabama jaunt?? Is one of those over Memorial Day? Sounds fun.
I'm scheduled to be back in town Monday(is the weather good yet? LOL), so should be there for the open house on the 14th. Am anxious to get home to the GT and get the Avons on. It will be a few days for that as the bike is currently all stripped down in the garage for farkle wiring. If you and/or Ken want to see one "naked" you should come by.
Jeff
What guy wouldn't want to see something naked... especially a GT!

The weekend will be clear and in the low 70's, but a weather front will roll in Sunday night. Bummer for you, but for us in the Pac NWet it will be a nice riding weekend. I got out yesterday and today already. I'm getting a jump on the miles. Are you wanting to put the Avons on yourself? You are always welcome over to Ernie's shop. I'm taking our LT into BMWWO Tigard next week for radio replacement. It should be covered under the extended warranty, so why not get'er done. I'm looking forward to seeing the new facility.

I'm wanting to put together some overnight trips to get GT check points. Interested?

The CC ride is going to be in July. Not a good time for weather (hot and muggy) but it is a week that I have off that poor Pauline has to work. I can't see staying home and pulling weeds. The plans haven't been made firm yet. Mark and I want to do a CC, but it might not be a CC50. We want to ride from Seaside to Portland MA and eat lobster on the dock. Mark and I are calling it "Portland to Portland". Silly notion, but a fun trip. I would like to think of it an an ultmate RTE. It would be hard to get'er done in 50, but that is ok too. If we decide to do an IB ride it will be a BBG going out and one coming back. More planning is in the works.

Alabama is where we're heading after CCR. Got to visit our daughter and her new husband in Tuskalousa. Students need attention you know.

The week of Memorial Day is up in the air right now. The "guys" are getting together for an overnight planning trip in two weeks. We will be going to Harbor Oregon and staying at the BW. The checkpoint is right next door, so Pauline will go with me to get her stamp in the book while we're there. We might be going to Canada on the "Boy's Ride", but I'm hoping to make a case for Santa Fe and southern CO. I think the guys are getting a little tired of the "west of the Rockies" rides, but I think there is still a road or two we haven't taken.

Give me a call when you are in town. If I can help with your farkeling let me know.

Ernie

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #6 of 15 Old Apr 5th, 2007, 1:17 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
If you and/or Ken want to see one "naked" you should come by.
I'm in, just say when.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #7 of 15 Old Apr 5th, 2007, 5:58 pm

Thumbs up

What guy wouldn't want to see something naked... especially a GT!

I will call you and Ken when I get back and maybe you can come over and take pictures of the "nude" and counsel on the farkeling.

Are you wanting to put the Avons on yourself? You are always welcome over to Ernie's shop.

I've got the Avon's sitting at PMC waiting for me to get the bike back together and get it over there. Hadn't thought about the Ernie garage option, but it sounds like it is now open for GT's!

I'm looking forward to seeing the new facility.

I am anxious to see it as well and will be back to go to the open house.

I'm wanting to put together some overnight trips to get GT check points. Interested?

You know me, I am always interested to ride!

The week of Memorial Day is up in the air right now. The "guys" are getting together for an overnight planning trip in two weeks. We will be going to Harbor Oregon and staying at the BW.

The BW??

The checkpoint is right next door, so Pauline will go with me to get her stamp in the book while we're there. We might be going to Canada on the "Boy's Ride", but I'm hoping to make a case for Santa Fe and southern CO. I think the guys are getting a little tired of the "west of the Rockies" rides, but I think there is still a road or two we haven't taken.

Please keep me posted as I'd like to take you up on your offer to possibly join you.

Jeff
post #8 of 15 Old Apr 6th, 2007, 4:31 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:

The week of Memorial Day is up in the air right now. The "guys" are getting together for an overnight planning trip in two weeks. We will be going to Harbor Oregon and staying at the BW.

The BW??

Please keep me posted as I'd like to take you up on your offer to possibly join you.

Jeff
The Best Western Inn click here. The "smuggler's cove' restaurant is right next door. We stopped there on our way to WCR three years ago.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #9 of 15 Old Apr 6th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Cool

Jeff -

I've been mulling a GT over for most of a year and would be interested in seeing yours stripped down to the nitty gritty if that would be OK. I take it you like it?

Denny
post #10 of 15 Old Apr 6th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Cool

Impressive mileage, guys. I noticed that Ken is high on the CA list as well. Guess I'll have to get counseling, I feel so inadequate!!!! What about the gal that did 80K?!!? Do you suppose she got some of those adult diapers from the NASA astronaut?

Denny
post #11 of 15 Old Apr 6th, 2007, 11:07 pm

Congrats to all you guys for some mighty respectable numbers. Keep em coming safe as they have been.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #12 of 15 Old Apr 6th, 2007, 11:59 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
I dunno, Denny, my MOA magazine is still at home. Haven't seen it yet. But just wait. I got a few things planned for this year.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #13 of 15 Old Apr 7th, 2007, 12:07 pm

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
I dunno, Denny, my MOA magazine is still at home. Haven't seen it yet. But just wait. I got a few things planned for this year.

You were 7th of a very long list of folks - damn respectable. Go get em in 2007.

Denny
post #14 of 15 Old Apr 8th, 2007, 5:47 pm

Congratulations Jeff and Ernie!! And all those who entered. I signed up last year but did about 5K less than 2005, But... I'm retiring in September this year and am taking several big vacations on the bike this summer. I should hit 20K this year. That's the goal anyway. I bought an '05' LT and it is being converted to a trike. Does the mileage on the tirke count??? Good luck this year.

Randi Kobernik
2005 K1200LT with a 2007 Hannigan Trike Kit "The Dragon"

It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of Dragons for thou art crunchy and good with katsup.
post #15 of 15 Old Apr 8th, 2007, 8:56 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedreamcycle
Congratulations Jeff and Ernie!! And all those who entered. I signed up last year but did about 5K less than 2005, But... I'm retiring in September this year and am taking several big vacations on the bike this summer. I should hit 20K this year. That's the goal anyway. I bought an '05' LT and it is being converted to a trike. Does the mileage on the tirke count??? Good luck this year.
A trike? U bet! As long as you have the wind in your face and @##^*&* in your back you are counted in our book! Good luck catching up with Jeff and I. I better get busy 'cause September is coming fast.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in