South Sound BMW - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 12:23 am Thread Starter

South Sound BMW

Just received my post card inviting me to the 2nd annual vendor fair at South Sound BMW in Fife. From what I understand this is a three day event that incorporates the swap meet, vendor fair and customer appreciation events.

Vendor Fair
Saturday, March 17, 2007
South Sound BMW
3605 20th St E, Fife, WA 98424 Get map
This will be the second annual Vendor Fair. This is the flagship event of our dealership. Don't miss it. The BIG manufacturers are going to be here, local and national.

The card I received has Rick Mayer saddles on site Saturday as well as a list of other BMW aftermarket vendors.

Anyone coming up, down, over to this event?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 1:52 am

Going to NM this morning. I always seem to miss the good stuff....

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #3 of 30 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 3:50 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2

Have a good trip.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

post #4 of 30 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 8:28 am

are you flying out to NM ?

or taking the stealth scoot ?
post #5 of 30 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 9:59 am

Cool

Quote:
Sorry to miss your smiling face at Southsound. NM aught to be fantastic this time of year. Going to the cabin?

Denny
post #6 of 30 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 11:14 am

The wife and I will be there checking out the Nolan helmets.

Brian, hope you had a safe trip. Did you fly, drive or ride?

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue Honu
post #7 of 30 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 12:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbond
Flying...

or taking the stealth scoot ?
Aren't they one in the same?

If you look at the map and don't care where you are, you're not lost.

2000 K1200LT
1977 R75/7
1962 R60/2
post #8 of 30 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 2:45 pm

hmm

I see your point!
Perhaps you are right!

I still think though he will nee this product to help avoid speed traps...
http://www.delonixradar.com.au/products/veil.html
post #9 of 30 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 8:34 pm Thread Starter

Event update!

The BEST event of the year!
The Vendor Fair
presented by...
South Sound BMW

Please contact us with any questions at the phone number listed below. Ask for Parts Department.

Our NEW website is up and running! Please go to South Sound BMW to see the NEW website!
Our second annual Vendor Fair...

What is it all about?
We fill our entire dealership with local and some national vendors. Every square inch is used for these vendors to show their wares.

Talk to the experts, learn about the products - think of it as an adult "Show & Tell." Door prizes awarded every hour, on the hour.

Look forward to seeing you,

Brendan Ferrer
General Manager
Who will be here...

20/20 Vision
Arai Helmets
AutoCom
BestRest Products
BMW Motorrad
Custom Classics
Dauntless Motors
Dowco Covers
EBC Brakes
First Gear
Hilleberg
Jeff's Bike Detailing
Kryptonite
LD Comfort
LoJack
Michelin Tires
NikWax
Nolan Helmets
Ortlieb
Rick Mayer Saddles
Rok Straps
Touratech/Cycoactive
Turn-a-Bike
WSBMWR
Just to name a few. Other vendors may show that are not listed above.

Contact Us
phone: 253.922.2004
post #10 of 30 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 8:40 pm Thread Starter

Nolan Helmets?

Kathi and I replaced helmets last year. We went from Arai to Nolan three days into a 10 day trip. She ordered them and had them waiting at our hotel in Billings. My eye was twitching a bit when she told me what she had done, but it actually worked out well.

N102 flip front for me, N42 open face for her. They are great helmets. Comfortable, easy to install the autocom mic and speakers and the little flip down sunvisor is more useful than I ever imagined! And...the replacement visors are relatively inexpensive.

Hope to see you there!
post #11 of 30 Old Mar 16th, 2007, 2:21 pm

Hmm

I noticed Dauntless will be there. I wonder how my old canyon red ithat I sold them is doing. I should go check out the fair and see if she is there!
post #12 of 30 Old Mar 17th, 2007, 5:43 pm

South Sound

Got there right before 10, walked inside and filled out the slip to enter into a free drawing and within 15 minutes had me a nice large rubber bag that will hold tons of gear!!

There were a few umbrella girls that made it worth the trip too....
post #13 of 30 Old Mar 17th, 2007, 8:22 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMarshal
There were a few umbrella girls that made it worth the trip too....
What, no pics?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #14 of 30 Old Mar 17th, 2007, 9:37 pm

I was there from 9:00 until past noon. I sucked down about a gallon of cofffe and talked with most of the vendors. I took advantage of the 10% off sales and dropped about $1K on a FirstGear Denali jacket (yellow accents to match the GS ) and HT over pants, a pair of Sidi Canyon boots , two pairs of LD Comfort shorts and some other odds and ends. I bet the guy from LD Comfort could get rich selling air conditioners to Eskimos . I guess I'm lucky I didn't spend any more than I did. The place was really hopping by the tiime I left.

I never saw anyone from Dauntless Motors or Rick Mayer. I spent enough at Dauntless last year but I was really wanting to get a close look a Rick Mayer saddle. I will just have to go back to Rich's to have my GS saddle reworked. He did a great job with my LT saddle so it's a no brainer anyway .

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #15 of 30 Old Mar 17th, 2007, 11:20 pm

Picked up a couple of Nolan helmets and was able to escape without getting anything else. It was a good event.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue Honu
post #16 of 30 Old Mar 17th, 2007, 11:45 pm

Rick Mayer Saddle

Jim - I think I talked to you at the parts counter when you were buying the boots; I asked if you had bought the jacket also, and you said you had to make an extra trip.

I saw the saddle on a bike they had there that was surrounded by a black curtain thing. I too have had Rich's do (3) saddles for me and they are near Caddy style!

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd98056
I was there from 9:00 until past noon. I sucked down about a gallon of cofffe and talked with most of the vendors. I took advantage of the 10% off sales and dropped about $1K on a FirstGear Denali jacket (yellow accents to match the GS ) and HT over pants, a pair of Sidi Canyon boots , two pairs of LD Comfort shorts and some other odds and ends. I bet the guy from LD Comfort could get rich selling air conditioners to Eskimos . I guess I'm lucky I didn't spend any more than I did. The place was really hopping by the tiime I left.

I never saw anyone from Dauntless Motors or Rick Mayer. I spent enough at Dauntless last year but I was really wanting to get a close look a Rick Mayer saddle. I will just have to go back to Rich's to have my GS saddle reworked. He did a great job with my LT saddle so it's a no brainer anyway .
post #17 of 30 Old Mar 18th, 2007, 12:33 am

Oh so that was you SeaMarshal. I think that you and I were chatting about 90 degree valve stems and portablre airpumps as you took the major award. You know we should all have our site names on our foreheads. Interestingly they have a nice brass 90 degree piece to connect to the guage that does the trick so I do not have to mess with non-std valve stems. Picked one up and it works like a charm. I "only" dropped $400 on Santiago Boots and the pump et al; so I feel pretty lucky compared to some. I tell you that helmet cam was calling me. It was nice to see South Sound put all the BMW gear on sale. I also left with some great tips from Autocom, the biker chick from nixwax, and a contact at Arai to have a helmet repaired. If only I had the room for that turnstyle in the guarage. Mr. D and the guys put on a good show. Yup two thumbs up for a good event.
post #18 of 30 Old Mar 18th, 2007, 12:42 pm

Yep that was me, Tim. I guess we were too busy hemorrhaging money to make the forum connection. We could have had lunch and got to know each other a little better. We will need to fix that in the not too distant future.

I am very happy with Rich's work. I just like checking out the options whenever I can. As soon as my AWS handlebar risers and Fastway EVO pegs from Adventurers Workshop come in and I get them installed on Brutus I will be making an appointment with Rich.

I just installed my Cee Bailey windshield with wings Friday evening and I will take a short ride today to see how much the airflow is improved. I saw the new style windshields that BMW is putting on the R1200GSA at the vendor fair. There was one I was looking at over at the Touratech display. It looks like it is made by Cee Bailey even though their name is not on it. The wings and all of the windshield mounting hardware are identical to what I installed. Just the shape of the windshield is different. At least they outsourced to a good company .

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #19 of 30 Old Mar 18th, 2007, 9:50 pm

Ken and Jim

We need name tags at events like yesterday! I've seen both of you guys posting things before. Just a few weeks ago I hosted a tech day and a number of guys came out: Meese, Patteson, Juggler (we installed his HID, fluid changes, etc.) PrestonBill, and a few others came out - good times.

Ken - I have ridden along with Dave Peterson before - he makes the Cycle Pump. Great guy.

Jim, last year I put the Cee Bailey -2 with wings on my bike and I really enjoy it. I think it offers a lot of protection from wind/rain on my daily commute to Olympia.

While I was there, I got the EBC brake guy to come out and check my brake pads. I found that my right fork seal was leaking oil pretty bad. Patterson and I headed up to Ride West to drop the bike off; since they are now open 7 days a week for sales and service, they got right to the bike and I picked it up today (Sunday). I think their service dept. is pretty danged good.

Anyways, hope to catch up with you guys soon. I'm looking forward to the first week of July when I head up to the Calgary Stampede.

Tim
425-222-5897

Last edited by SeaMarshal; Mar 18th, 2007 at 9:52 pm. Reason: spelling
post #20 of 30 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 9:53 am

Ride west

They have one of the best parts guys there, as far as I am concerned, from vintage to new. FRED RULES!

Last edited by ihbond; Mar 19th, 2007 at 10:38 am.
post #21 of 30 Old Mar 21st, 2007, 3:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by avonfloater
Sorry to miss your smiling face at Southsound. NM aught to be fantastic this time of year. Going to the cabin?

Denny
I did go to my brothers cabin, The weather was great all week. All those great NM motorcycle roads really made me miss the bike though.(I flew on a airplane) It would have been much cheaper to have gone to Southsound though....... It seems that I am a NM land owner again. My Caberg helmet showed up the day I left so I need to take her out for a good test drive this weekend.

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #22 of 30 Old Mar 25th, 2007, 5:30 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Cool. Let's all ride to Brian's new place and check it out. Where are you gonna dock the boat?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #23 of 30 Old Mar 26th, 2007, 1:59 am

Heck, Everyone could stop by here in Phoenix for R&R on the way to Brian's New Mexico property!
Jeff
post #24 of 30 Old Mar 26th, 2007, 10:54 am

Ken,
With diesel being 3-4 bucks a gallon on the water, I do not see much pratical use in it anymore. Taking her to the Sanjuans in june and that round trip will cost about 1K in fuel.
Jeff, I would love to swing by your place in AZ, But I hear its been pretty rainy lately. I know, Its a dry rain!

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #25 of 30 Old Mar 26th, 2007, 11:07 am

Brian,
Hearing of diesel prices at $3-4/gallon soothes the "missing" of our boat that we brought up in the ocean to the San Juans every year for 7 years. We have the best of both worlds now, as we have friends bringing their boat up and inviting us to stay on it. We will be in Roche Harbor the second weekend in July.

Yep, had two days of rain here in Phoenix. Of course it is now in the 80's and spent the day around the pool yesterday and dinner outside last night at 72 degrees! Planning a three hundred mile ride today to Prescott, Jerome and Sedona and back. The rain wasn't that "dry" but it got over and done with relatively quickly.

Where in New Mexico is your property. Hopefully not near Clovis where that just got hit by a freak tornado.

Jeff
post #26 of 30 Old Mar 26th, 2007, 8:16 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Is your new place anywhere near Red River?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #27 of 30 Old Mar 26th, 2007, 9:10 pm

Its just NE out of Alburquerque. Hwy 14 (A great motorcycle road) to La Madera(6.5 miles to my property with the longest straight away being about 100 feet!) Hwy 14 is the backway to red river.

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #28 of 30 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 1:04 am

Cool

Hwy 14 is a great ride. Hell, with 500 acres we can all camp on your place!!

Congratulations.

Denny
post #29 of 30 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 4:29 am

500 acres!!! Maybe if everyone on this site would pitch in and buy an acre a piece??? The good thing is my brother lives a block away and I have a place to stay until I get the money to build. C'MON XKEM, I am betting my retirement on that stock.

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #30 of 30 Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:15 pm

Quote:
500 acres!!! Maybe if everyone on this site would pitch in and buy an acre a piece??? The good thing is my brother lives a block away and I have a place to stay until I get the money to build. C'MON XKEM, I am betting my retirement on that stock.
This is not the place for spam or pushing stocks. But if anyone bought the above stock last week they would be enhanced by OVER 50%.

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in