Caberg helmets - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Mar 5th, 2007, 7:00 am Thread Starter

Caberg helmets

Anyone know who sells Caberg helmets up here in WA? I have been searching the web all night and no luck.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Mar 5th, 2007, 7:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
Anyone know who sells Caberg helmets up here in WA? I have been searching the web all night and no luck.
Hey, Brian - doubt these folks have a shop near you, butt for price comparison, check this helmet model out.

Bruce Coleman up in Dallas could go try one on for ya and see how it fits ya, if you'd like. He just bought a Justissimo and loves it. I wuz about to buy one at my dealership, who wants $329 - Motoliberty is ~55 bones less. I got some dealin' to do!!!

Kidding ya tho - I know you wanna try one on before you buy it. First one I tried on, the chin bar wuz too tight against my chin and wouldn't've worked - second size did, so you might call Motoliberty and see who their distributor is (Tucker Rocky or Parts Unlimited or ....) and inquire of the distributor for a source near you. Or maybe the Caberg site has a dealership listing?

Good luck, Brian.
post #3 of 7 Old Mar 5th, 2007, 6:42 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Dick,
I have tried the Caberg website and its still not much help for those of us in the USA. I briefly tried a friends for a minute or so. Seemed real nice. I just would like to visit a shop that carries them so I could make a more reliable decision on which size and cheak pads and such.I am starting to get a garage full of stuff I bought that wasn't exactly what I was looking for if you know what I mean.

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892

post #4 of 7 Old Mar 5th, 2007, 7:08 pm

Quote:
Thanks Dick,
I have tried the Caberg website and its still not much help for those of us in the USA. I briefly tried a friends for a minute or so. Seemed real nice. I just would like to visit a shop that carries them so I could make a more reliable decision on which size and cheak pads and such.I am starting to get a garage full of stuff I bought that wasn't exactly what I was looking for if you know what I mean.
Yup - I think my garage is related to your garage!!!

Best
post #5 of 7 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 5:56 am

Oregon Dealer

Quote:
Brian,
Heck, you need an excuse to ride that GT down here anyway. Salem Honda carries them. It is where I bought my second one. You will want to call ahead 503-364-6784 and check their size inventory before you come down.
Ernie can probably plot you a fun road to get there!
As far as locating a WA dealer, you should call the distributor. That is what I had to do to find Salem. Their website dealer locater, as you found, is no help.
Jeff
post #6 of 7 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 6:10 am

Quote:
Brian,

Not sure if your BMW dealer sells them or not, but the BMW dealer near me does. As Dick mentioned, they are selling them for $50 to $75 more than some places. I also know that one of the larger Honda dealers in the area here carries the Caberg helmets as well.

Good Luck

Bruce
Rowlett, TX
2010 Gold Wing
'00 Canyon Red - Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 6:32 am Thread Starter

Thanks Jeff and Bruce,
I was buying my helmet online just moments before your post! I was here reading all the positive posts on this helmet and decided to take the chance and buy it online. I came back here to post the website I found with a good price and as usual, Just missing the mark....Shipping was only $10.99 About $250 shipped to my door.http://www.suburbanharley.com/catalo...ProductID=2787

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in