Yo, Jeff Mitchell - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Feb 13th, 2007, 11:05 am Thread Starter

Yo, Jeff Mitchell

Dang, they left off that number beside your name on the birthday list, so not sure how many candles it's gonna take to set off the smoke alarm!!

Have a Happy Birthday, Bud.

BTW - haven't seen you runnin' on IH-10 lately; did you already do the 100CCC? I wuz tryin' to remember which one it wuz that flooded you and Coni and Shealey out down Houston way - the 50 or 100?

Take care, Jeff. Best Regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Feb 13th, 2007, 11:28 am

Happy B-Day Jeff,

Enjoy the Day

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #3 of 16 Old Feb 13th, 2007, 1:59 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
I'm guessing the number has a zero or two in it.

Happy b-day, Commodore.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

post #4 of 16 Old Feb 13th, 2007, 4:42 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Happy B-Day Jeff... and Judy is havin' one too I understand. We should celebrate with a ride this Sunday. I hear the weather will be warm and the roads dusty (well dry at least). Have a great day my friend.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #5 of 16 Old Feb 13th, 2007, 8:05 pm

Talking

Happy B-Day Jeff! Feeling younger every year, eh? It's the Bike that does it.

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #6 of 16 Old Feb 13th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Happy Birthday Jeff, hope your having fun.

Bill
post #7 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 12:16 am

Thanks

Thanks all for the good wishes on the big 60! Judy's B-Day is Friday, but not the big 60. Hopefully she will be back from Phoenix by then.

A ride is in order anytime!

Dick, As for the 100CCC, flooded out in 2003 but came back and completed it in 2004. I may just be by your way on the I-10 if I can swing getting away to Daytona the second week of March.

06 GT "MitchRider" 55,XXX Miles of Smiles!
02 LT Semi-Retired & 155,XXX Miles of Great Memories
BBG, B2B, 100CCC, Four Corners, SS3000, SS5000

"Part of getting older is that you spend less time waiting for things and realize that road time is finite; one starts to relish every ride, every day now as a gift."
post #8 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 1:44 am

Happy birthday Jeff, i hope you had a good day.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #9 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 3:25 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_Rider
Thanks all for the good wishes on the big 60! Judy's B-Day is Friday, but not the big 60. Hopefully she will be back from Phoenix by then.

A ride is in order anytime!

Dick, As for the 100CCC, flooded out in 2003 but came back and completed it in 2004. I may just be by your way on the I-10 if I can swing getting away to Daytona the second week of March.
Sounds good, Jeff. You know where I'll be!!! BTW - we now have stoplights at that intersection, so be careful. Folks aren't used to 'em yet!!!!
post #10 of 16 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 7:01 pm

Smile

Happy Birthday Jeff!!!

Hope that you had a great one. Sorry that I missed it. Give Judy a BIG HUG FOR ME TOO WOULD YOU?

The boyz picked up my FJR 1300AE today to take it and put a cruise control and a couple of other items on it for me.

I still have my fully farkled LT (Ali) and my half farkled LT (Odysseus); somehow I think when I do the really long rides I will do it on my fully farkled bike. I think that once you have had all of the comforts it seems like it would be near impossible to cut back.

While I know that many friends have done major rides on the FJR I still have not heard of any major ride completed on the GT has it been done and I just missed it? If anyone has I 'll bet it would be you. I have to admit that I have not been reading all of the "Ride Tales" since my schedule has changed and I do apologize if I missed it. If there is a story and I missed it let me know where it is as I would love to read it.

At any rate I hope you and Judy have a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!

Best,
post #11 of 16 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 7:47 pm

Welcome Back!

Coni,
It is a clear sign that you are doing REALLY well when you are back to "farkeling" your bike and talking about riding!! Welcome Back!

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Judy and I. A good time was had by all.

As for GT LD rides, so far in my 14200 GT miles since May, the longest ride that I have had the opportunity to do is 850/650/850 back to back to back, based on my destinations. However, one of the guys on the k-bikes.com forum recently did a 50CC on his GT, so I think that qualifies as a pretty decent LD ride. The link to his write up is:
http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...vc=#Post811247

Maybe if I spring loose to Daytona next month I will have the opportunity to get in a decent LD ride. Hey, when do you return to DC for your "defarkeling" surgery? Maybe if it is at the same time I can swing up from Florida and say "Hi"!

Thanks again for the Birthday wishes.
Take care,
Jeff
post #12 of 16 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 8:42 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Good to hear from you, Coni.

I'm picking up my GT in March. I'll need a little time to properly dress it out, but I'm planning on giving it a proper LD break-in.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #13 of 16 Old Feb 16th, 2007, 1:05 am

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_Rider
Coni,
"defarkeling" surgery? Jeff
I leave here March 19th rest a day and have CT scan test etc. most of the day on the 20th then surgery is on March 21st.

Hey, sounds like a setup for the four corners ride to me!

You still need to sign my BEAUTIFUL quilt too. What's wrong with you boy? How did you miss that? Sweet Marilyn and John gave me extra pens and everything so it's all set for you.

See you soon,
Coni
post #14 of 16 Old Feb 16th, 2007, 8:28 am

Wink Mitch's Signature

I like the 4 corners idea Coni! We know it is going to be a smooth one for ya.

On the subject of Jeff signing the Quilt, he did. It may be hard to read some of them in such a sea of signatures however. Marilyn thinks it is in the upper two rows somewhere.

Have fun hunting down those signatures gal! And remember that each one of them is someone on your side in this "LD" adventure!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #15 of 16 Old Feb 16th, 2007, 8:39 am

Quilt

Coni,
I wouldn't have missed signing your quilt for the world. We made a special trip by John and Marilyn's months ago to sign our square, so unless Marilyn inadvertently left my square out, (which I seriously doubt), it is on there with all the other heartfelt best wishes of your many friends and supporters. If it is missing, I will jump on the bike and head your way! The quilt is certainly a tribute to the love and care of the MC community for a special one if it's own.
March 21st...I will have to review my March plans. Humm...9th to the 21st... certainly plenty of time for a Four Corners ride, but having already done that ride in 2005, probably not. Maybe a 48 Pus...but wait...that is a May ride to end at Hyder. Will you be doing any riding yourself before your surgery?

Maybe after your surgery you will have to come down to the sunshine at the Mitchell hacienda in Phoenix for your recovery! You and Graham always have a place to stay there.

Take care,
Jeff
"Part of getting older is that you spend less time waiting for things and realize that road time is finite; one starts to relish every ride, every day now as a gift."
post #16 of 16 Old Feb 17th, 2007, 8:24 pm

Smile "Eureka"and "Cowabunga"

"Eureka"and "Cowabunga"

My bad, I found that BOTH Jeff & Judy did sign my quilt. You see, it takes several Kleenex's every time I needed to search for a name, but it just makes me more determined and stronger to beat this monster.

I just want to thank everyone again for my beautiful "mobile mojo quilt". It truly is a work of art.

You ask if I will be doing any rides before my surgery. It seems that the drug companies are all conspiring against me riding my LT for sure. They have all printed clearly on the labels that I am not to operate any heavy equipment while taking their drug.

Bottom line is I will not be riding as I just could not afford to have any bodily damage prior to surgery. So, I am counting on my friends to put on a few miles for me. I just enjoy reading of the adventures. I really like the ride report that Jeff sent about the guy on the GT that did a 50 coast to coast. That was very entertaining.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in