RDC Invitation - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:12 pm Thread Starter

Cool RDC Invitation

Michele and I invite y'all to RDC on the 24th. I suggest the Los Compadres restaurant in Washougal - good Mexican food at reasonable prices and you won't leave hungry. They can accomodate large groups by fitting tables together. After dinner we can adjourn to our home about six miles east of Washougal - off Hwy 14 in the hills above town. Dan and I can assemble our Death Valley Daze photos to encourage a mass ride to the 13th next year. For you more refined riders you are cordially invited!! If this sounds like it will work I'll forward more details about locations and routes.

Denny
(Avonfloater)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old Feb 4th, 2007, 12:45 pm

Rdc 2/24/07

Denny & Michele,

What time do you want folks at the restaurant? Also, we have lots of room for quests that would rather head home Sunday morning. The more that can attend, the more fun for everyone!

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
2003 K1200LT (anthracite) sold
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 Old Feb 4th, 2007, 4:43 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up We're In!

We're in! This sounds like a great time. Thanks Denny and Dan.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #4 of 19 Old Feb 4th, 2007, 4:52 pm Thread Starter

Cool

I forgot to mention that we have three extra bedrooms for overnight guests - comes with breakfast.

Denny
post #5 of 19 Old Feb 5th, 2007, 3:58 am

Sounds like a great gtg, One that I should not miss. But, Gonna be on my way home from cozumel on that Saturday. Bummer. I'll have to hear about it the next time we can get together.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #6 of 19 Old Feb 5th, 2007, 6:53 pm Thread Starter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
Sounds like a great gtg, One that I should not miss. But, Gonna be on my way home from cozumel on that Saturday. Bummer. I'll have to hear about it the next time we can get together.
Shucks, I thought we could do an Icelink install!! Dont forget to dive the Santa Rosa Wall.

Denny
post #7 of 19 Old Feb 5th, 2007, 8:05 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Nah, Brian's more the CanBus/HID expert.

Have fun, guys. I'll be in Vegas that weekend. But I do expect to catch those DVD photos some other time. Maybe during a tech session?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 19 Old Feb 18th, 2007, 12:35 am Thread Starter

Cool RDC Portland/Vancouver And More

Michele and I are hosting a RDC this coming Saturday (new thread) at Los Compadres Mexican Restaurant in Washougal -- 701 E Street just west of the Lacamas Shopping Center. After dinner we'll adjourn to our home about 5 miles from town to view Dan's and Denny's photos of Death Valley Daze and any others folks want to bring along. We have spare bedrooms for any who want to come frm a distance and stay the night - comes with breakfast.

Dan and Debbie and Ernie and Pauline have expressed interest so far. I'd like to get an approximate head count so we can pick up some snacks and tasty cold beverages (John, we'll even have ice cream!). Any other takers?

I'll make reservations at the restaurant - I'd suggest dinner at 5-6 PM - so they can arrange tables for the group. It would be nice to have a big crowd to toast the coming spring and riding season.

Denny

P.S. Great ride today - 360 miles through the Coast Range and the Coast Highway. It felt good to straddle the bike. Thanks Clayton for suggesting the ride.
post #9 of 19 Old Feb 21st, 2007, 11:37 am

Marcia and I would like to attend. We have been out of the loop for a while dealing with virtually everyone we know being sick. So, please add us to the list but we may have to bail at the last minute. I think we should be okay though and look forward to seeing folks again.
post #10 of 19 Old Feb 21st, 2007, 1:22 pm Thread Starter

Cool

Great, Art. That makes ten so far. Sorry about the illness stuff - time and emotion consuming to say the least. More detail on time tomorrow.

Denny
post #11 of 19 Old Feb 21st, 2007, 6:15 pm Thread Starter

Cool

I've made reservations at Los 2 Compadres Restaurant for Saturday at 5:30 PM. They'll make arrangements to seat us all together. Los 2 Compadres is located at 701 E Street in Washougal - just east of the Lacamas Shopping Center. Parking is sometimes limited at the restaurant, but there is a Lacamas Credit Union across the street that has good paved parking - Credit Union is on the south side of E Street and Los 2 Compadres on the north side. See you there.

Denny
post #12 of 19 Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:10 pm

Us Too

Judy & I hope to join you as well. We had planned on making the Death Valley trip so this will "wet our whistle" for next year!
Jeff
post #13 of 19 Old Feb 24th, 2007, 1:04 am Thread Starter

Cool

I'll bump up the reservation and we'll see you and Judy there. Looking forward to it.

Denny
post #14 of 19 Old Feb 24th, 2007, 10:13 am

Talking Hi Denny!

Have fun gang! Wish we could have made it, but we're just not going to be able to fit this one in with me picking Marilyn up at the airport this afternoon in between putting the Bike back together.

FYI, I got the water/oil pump off with no problem and took it into Portland BMW this week where Jeremy did a rebuild with the seal kit. The parts cost more than the labor! Labor was less than $30. Parts were over $50! With some additional items like BMW Coolant, Synthetic Gear Oil and a tube of what Jeremy says works best for the sealing: "Suzuki-Lube", I ended up donating about $140 to the shop. However, I still consider it cheap insurance against a coolant system dumping on me in the middle of Nevada! I'll be re-installing it today, time permitting. Plus all my tupperware which I took off for access to some other items that needed doing.

And you guys can have some fun at my expense talking about my renewing my membership in the "DA" club out at the Tillamook Creamery on our ride! I don't believe I had a chance to discuss it with everyone, but the killer that day was as I pulled into the garage after our ride that evening Marilyn takes one look at the Bike and says: "Did you drop the Bike?" Now I'm sitting there thinking "How in the H---?!?" when she points out my right Mott-Light which is dangling by the wires! Oh! "Why, yes Dear. I did drop it. But sure did not see any lights hanging!"

Anyway, the Mott-Lights are back in working order, and no real damage from that latest drop, Thank Heavens!

I also found out that maybe I had better invest in a radar detector, based on the comments I heard from you guys every time we stopped that day: "did you see that Trooper back there?" Well, no, I didn't! And I know we were pushing the speeds just a little on the ride! So, fortune was on our side that day I guess. Even with my drop!

Hope you folks don't get totally soaked today! Looks like a good day for a cage to me.

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #15 of 19 Old Feb 24th, 2007, 1:27 pm Thread Starter

Cool

You and Marilyn will be missed, John. We won't eat all the ice cream!

Denny
post #16 of 19 Old Feb 24th, 2007, 6:19 pm

What Dump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFish
And you guys can have some fun at my expense talking about my renewing my membership in the "DA" club out at the Tillamook Creamery on our ride!
John
John,

I think that you barely qualify for a drop. It was more like you just layed it on its side. You have to do that once in a while you know. You have to let the LT know that you're the boss. "Don't mess with me or I'll lay you down on you side and won't let you up until you apologize." I noticed that Katie was quite remorseful for letting the soft gravel scare her.

We will miss you folks tonight. See you soon!

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

post #17 of 19 Old Feb 25th, 2007, 12:16 am
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up Good Food and Company

Thanks to Denny and Michelle for setting up tonights dinner at Los 2 Compadres, and DVDaze pics at their home. The Mexican food was great! Dan's presentation and Michelle's pictures of Death Valley makes us want to make the trip (only with quads!). Thanks... A Lot

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #18 of 19 Old Feb 25th, 2007, 1:27 am Thread Starter

Cool

Wrong Info -- I mentioned "fireman's rodeo", but the real thing is in the Humor forum under "ATGATT Not Spoken Here" - real bright folks there.

Denny
post #19 of 19 Old Feb 25th, 2007, 6:20 pm

Great Evening

Denny & Michele,

Thanks for hosting the RDC! Debbie and I had a great time. Below are some pics of the fun.

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in