Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA
Tour of Coastal Waterways
Now that Brian is “King of the Cams” here’s a possible ride to celebrate the success of the tech session and in honor of his aquatic neighborhood.
1. Breakfast in Longview, WA. – Some might consider a prior night stay at the Monticello Hotel that was built in the 1920’s.
2. Head south across the Longview Bridge (aka Lewis & Clark Bridge) – Built in 1930. At the time it was constructed, it was the longest cantilever span in North America.
3. West on Hwy 30 through Clatskanie to Westport, OR and the Columbia River Ferry to Cathlamet, WA – A 12 minute boat ride with a fare of $2.00. Insurance may be required if we let Brian pilot the ferry. (24 miles)
4. West to Willapa Bay on Hwy 4 turning north and going through South Bend to Raymond (71 miles)
5. North to Cosmopolis on 101 (22 miles)
6. West on Hwy 105 (wave to Charlie Choker) along the south side of Grays Harbor to Westport, WA. – Anyone for a seafood lunch? (23 miles)
7. South down along the pacific coast then east along the north side of Willapa Bay back to Raymond. (34 miles)
8. Finally, east along Hwy 6 making our way back to Chehalis and the end of the ride (52 miles)
Total miles: 226
Chehalis is approximately 58 miles south of Tacoma and 86 miles north of Portland. There are lots of options for reducing or adding miles depending on the weather, how many bikes we lose off the ferry, how many times I have to turn around, etc. Any interest???
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
2003 K1200LT (anthracite) sold
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.