Ride West Demo Days in Seattle, WA - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Sep 27th, 2006, 10:40 pm Thread Starter

Ride West Demo Days in Seattle, WA

I just signed up to try the K1200 GT on Sunday, October 9 at Ride West in Seattle, WA. BMW will have a trailer full of bikes there on Sunday and thought it would be fun to give it a try - especially after all the good comments its received on this site. Is anyone from this group going to be there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 12:20 am

I will be out riding the Gt I just picked up tonight. Southsound is doing one also sometime soon. I heard the truck has 3 demo GT's.SS has a grey 07 instock that's not spoken for. 2 white,another grey and a blue inbound soon.Southsound has a really cool new feature. The have trial Cee Bailey's windshields in different sizes for most bikes. Not sure about Ridewest. You can swap them out until you find one you like.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #3 of 10 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 8:09 am

South Sound BMW Demo days is Oct 7th - Saturday - From there web site

"Open House October 3-7th! The BMW factory demo truck will be here October 7th featuring demo rides all day long. Please call us and reserve a spot for one or more bikes you would like to ride. Check back for other Open House activities. Be here on the 7th at 4:00 PM for the unveiling of our Spring Giveaway Motorcycle!!!"

Sounds like a good weekend to be in the Northwest and try out the new BMWs. Pick a day , pick a dealer.

Steve
Olympia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
I will be out riding the Gt I just picked up tonight. Southsound is doing one also sometime soon. I heard the truck has 3 demo GT's.SS has a grey 07 instock that's not spoken for. 2 white,another grey and a blue inbound soon.Southsound has a really cool new feature. The have trial Cee Bailey's windshields in different sizes for most bikes. Not sure about Ridewest. You can swap them out until you find one you like.

post #4 of 10 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 8:36 am

Question GT you just picked up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
Brian, say it ain't so buddy! Have you also defected to the "dark side" and hopped over to the GT like Jeff? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 8:57 am

John,
It looks like my LT days are over.... When coming to a stop the LT feels like 850 pounds. The GT feels like 150 POUNDS! I'll have to let you take her for a spin so you can see what the commotion is all about.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #6 of 10 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 10:03 am

Question Maybe they are giving them away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek1200lt
South Sound BMW Demo days is Oct 7th - Saturday - From there web site
Hey John, Maybe we should take a ride up and try out a GT or GS or .....

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
2003 K1200LT (anthracite) sold
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

post #7 of 10 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 11:31 am

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelman
Hey John, Maybe we should take a ride up and try out a GT or GS or .....

Dan
Dreaming buddy, dreaming! Ya never know though, maybe someday. Meanwhile, my LT is paid for, and has a brand new clutch, slave cyl, rear main seal, and all X-msn seals which are good for 2 more years under the BMW warranty! So, me thinks we're OK to watch the initial flock try out all the new stuff, and see what else may be coming down the pike in 08!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #8 of 10 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 12:56 pm

now wait

does this mean Brian, you can go on that bastardize route we took over that bridge one day and go through the dirt road. WHile I sit and watch you play.
No fair. Have fun, if you want to ride this saturday let me know.
post #9 of 10 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 1:05 pm

Unhappy $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFish
Dreaming buddy, dreaming!
Yes, your'e quite right about that. I know I can't swing it. I might be able to finance a bike, but I sure can't afford the resulting divorce.

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
2003 K1200LT (anthracite) sold
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

post #10 of 10 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 9:33 pm Thread Starter

I was hesitant to try a new GT - after I rode an LT my old 1983 GL 1100 lost a lot of its charm and I had to pick up a newer ride. Oh well, its ok to play with fire....isn't it? I listed the wrong date for the Ride West event - the truck will be there one day after it is in Tacoma, Sunday, Oct 8.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in