BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Ride & Dine Club

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  AlaskaFish 
#1 ·
It seems that I really enjoy our get-togethers whether they are a RTE, tech session, organized ride, etc. I know that this has probably been brought up before, but why is it that we don’t have anything to prompt us to meet. It doesn’t have to be an every week thing, but what about once a month? Maybe there just isn’t enough interest or maybe this has been tried in the past and not worked out. Maybe we are just too spread out. If it’s just a matter of someone taking some time to organize this sort of thing, however, then I volunteer.

Anyway, here’s a straw-man just to give you a chance to take aim and give it to me straight. Would you be interested in meeting for dinner, say the second Saturday of each month? Do you have another suggestion along these lines? Does the idea of a Northwest RDC (Ride & Dine Club) have any appeal to you?

My curiosity is getting the best of me here, so I really welcome your opinion.

Dan

#2 ·
Dan,
You know I'm game. We actually started one up here about 6 weeks ago,We got together a few times and several of us took off riding for a few weeks so I assume we'll start up again soon.

#3 ·
reelman said:
If it’s just a matter of someone taking some time to organize this sort of thing, however, then I volunteer.

Anyway, here’s a straw-man just to give you a chance to take aim and give it to me straight. Would you be interested in meeting for dinner, say the second Saturday of each month? Do you have another suggestion along these lines? Does the idea of a Northwest RDC (Ride & Dine Club) have any appeal to you?

My curiosity is getting the best of me here, so I really welcome your opinion.

Dan
I'm game and a weekend date is the best. Thanks for offering to take a lead in this endeavor. Perhaps I can help too. PM or call me anytime.

Ernie

#5 ·
I think it's a great idea, Dan. I've managed to pull folks together several times up here for rides, tech sessions, or just dinner, but lately work has been to crazy to plan much ahead. If you're willing to take lead, then I'm sure many will follow.

Just say when and we'll come. :)

#6 ·
Kilauea Pic

Go for it Dan! Like the rest say, we're also interested, just need to fit it in with our schedules.

Hawaii was a great break from the tedium, but boy do I hate those tourists! Oh yeah. I guess we also qualify for that title in that neck of the woods? Still hate the crowds and the traffic, but the scenery and locale made up for a bunch of it! Especially the Volcanos. The attached shot is from our Helo flight over Kilauea. It is not flowing over the surface, but there is a tube that runs for several miles from the crater to the coastline which is dumping out the molten lava. Quite the boiling cauldron, eh?

Attachments

#7 ·
Nice pic John, Sounds like you had a great time. I hope we both can make the next rdc, It would be nice to see you and the misses again. it has been awhile!

#8 ·
Skipping work?

sanjaun2 said:
Nice pic John, Sounds like you had a great time. I hope we both can make the next rdc, It would be nice to see you and the misses again. it has been awhile!
Looks like I'm not the only one playing hooky, eh Brian? Yeah, we hope to get a few more rides in before it starts getting too wet & chilly around here. Have you thought about the Fort Bragg ride David Taylor is organizing for Oct 21 & 22? We're gonna try to make that one, depending on workload and skeds. Be good to see your face again too buddy. Sorry about the NY accident. How is the Bike?

John

#9 ·
Fort Bragg

AlaskaFish said:
Looks like I'm not the only one playing hooky, eh Brian? Yeah, we hope to get a few more rides in before it starts getting too wet & chilly around here. Have you thought about the Fort Bragg ride David Taylor is organizing for Oct 21 & 22? We're gonna try to make that one, depending on workload and skeds. John
John,

We have been entertaining the idea of riding down for this one. Do you know yet if you're going?

Dan

#10 ·
Yes Dan, we were seriously planning to attend, just have not made the reservations yet. Also need to make sure the calendar is clear that weekend. How about you two?

John

#11 ·
I have also been thinking about going to Fort Bragg again. I am sure I can clear my work schedule. But, I am not sure the bike will be back together. I should know more by the end of the week or possibly next week.

#12 ·
sanjaun2 said:
I have also been thinking about going to Fort Bragg again. I am sure I can clear my work schedule. But, I am not sure the bike will be back together. I should know more by the end of the week or possibly next week.
Sure hope we can see ya there Brian. If you need any help let us know. We can always send Meese up to wrench for ya!!

John

#13 ·
We're Hoping

I'm working on a system cutover this weekend, but my schedule should be clear for Fort Bragg. We are still working on Debbie's calendar, however. What days are you folks planning to take off from work, leave, return, etc.?

Dan

#14 ·
If I can make it, I will probably leave Friday and return monday. I will not go If I have to super slab it. Just say no to super slabs!!!!!

#15 ·
:histerica I am sure glad I dug a little deeper because I thought you were all talking about the home of the 82nd Airborne Division. Leaving for Fort Bragg, NC on Friday and getting back on a Monday was some serious monkey butt riding :eek:. Now that I know you are talking about the Northern California coast I feel a little less awed :).

Unfortunately I will probably not be able to take any time off from work during this period. Getting off the slabs could make this a nice 1600 or so mile round trip for us Puget Sound types. The weather, as usual, will be a crap shoot but so what as long as you don't need chains in the Siskiyous ;).

#16 ·
Solo Ride? But not to NC!

jwd98056 said:
:histerica I am sure glad I dug a little deeper because I thought you were all talking about the home of the 82nd Airborne Division. Leaving for Fort Bragg, NC on Friday and getting back on a Monday was some serious monkey butt riding :eek:. Now that I know you are talking about the Northern California coast I feel a little less awed :).

Unfortunately I will probably not be able to take any time off from work during this period. Getting off the slabs could make this a nice 1600 or so mile round trip for us Puget Sound types. The weather, as usual, will be a crap shoot but so what as long as you don't need chains in the Siskiyous ;).
Yeah Jim, I'm afraid that would be a little aggressive even for our Brian! The Fort Bragg get together is something that David Taylor has been organizing for several years now, and has become a good excuse for a West coast ride to meet!

As far as when we will be heading there and back for Dan's question, I figure leave early Friday morning and return Monday, kind of like Brian mentioned. It's looking like it may be a solo ride for myself though, as Marilyn's calendar may not permit her the time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.