Fort Bragg Ride Cancelled - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Aug 22nd, 2015, 8:57 pm Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Fort Bragg Ride Cancelled

I will not be able to put on the Fort Bragg ride this year. I've been trying for a month to get a block of rooms at the hotel but after multiple calls and promises to work with me they still haven't provided anything. At this point we'd be looking at sometime in October, and we know the weather can get pretty messy by then.

I think I may go up there in a couple of months after some work stuff clears up and see if I can sort out a new hotel and restaurant. It's become more challenging over the past few years to get our group accommodated, so may it's time to give our attention to some new folks! I'm really sorry about this. I'll make sure we have something next year, we all have too much fun together not to keep this going!

Thank you for your understanding.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Aug 23rd, 2015, 2:17 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Fort Bragg Ride Cancelled

Hi David,

What hotel do you guys usually stay at? After the Cambria ride, I rode up to Ft. Bragg and stayed at the Motel 6 (previously was a Super 8).

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Aug 23rd, 2015, 11:33 am Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Re: Fort Bragg Ride Cancelled

We've stayed at the Travel Lodge (formerly Fort Bragg Motel) for years. The same people own the Motel 6 as I had to call there to get the owner to try and get rooms.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in