Next Year's CCR Location - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 9:00 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Next Year's CCR Location

Hey All!
Just picked this up off the CCR website. Looks good!
Jeff
"MitchRider"

http://www.tan-tar-a.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 9:18 pm

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_Rider
Hey All!
Just picked this up off the CCR website. Looks good!
Jeff
"MitchRider"

http://www.tan-tar-a.com/
We just saw it ourselves Jeff. Can't hardly wait for the registrations to open. We're gonna make this one!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 9:23 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFish
We just saw it ourselves Jeff. Can't hardly wait for the registrations to open. We're gonna make this one!

John
Amen!

Jeff

post #4 of 18 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 9:38 pm

How many days to CCR? I am in Motana tonight, And after my visit back east I may just try and visit that place on my way to NM and Colorado. Maybe They will let me stay free as a goodwill jesture? The place looks pretty cool even if its in old MO.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #5 of 18 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 9:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
How many days to CCR? I am in Motana tonight, And after my visit back east I may just try and visit that place on my way to NM and Colorado. Maybe They will let me stay free as a goodwill jesture? The place looks pretty cool even if its in old MO.
It's worth a stop, Brian. Been there. Lotsa Toads - various colors!!

Don't know if you looked at Andy's latest banquet pics, butt a feller from Tan-Tar-A rides in the door on somethang that might interest the attendees at CCR '07. Or maybe my eyesight is failing me!!!!! Or maybe there's no connection after all!! Hmmmmm.
post #6 of 18 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 10:14 pm

Dick,
I guess I need to go back and take another look at those pic's

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #7 of 18 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 10:20 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
It's worth a stop, Brian. Been there. Lotsa Toads - various colors!!

Don't know if you looked at Andy's latest banquet pics, butt a feller from Tan-Tar-A rides in the door on somethang that might interest the attendees at CCR '07. Or maybe my eyesight is failing me!!!!! Or maybe there's no connection after all!! Hmmmmm.
Maybe the next CCR will be a dualsport rally?
I sure wish we were at this years CCR, but perhaps the vacation time will be available next year for sure.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #8 of 18 Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 2:05 am
IBR# 366

Garage
It's only an SS2K from Portland.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #9 of 18 Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 7:47 am

Ken,
You are starting to sound like a North Westerner....... If you spend more days here than there, Its official

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #10 of 18 Old Sep 4th, 2006, 10:02 pm

Osage Beach

We would really like to go as well, but the 2,000 miles still creates some time issues. I travel to Kansas City on business quite a bit and the weather this time of year isn't a drawing card for me. This is going to take some thought.

Here's some weather info for Osage Beach:

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
2003 K1200LT (anthracite) sold
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

post #11 of 18 Old Sep 4th, 2006, 10:41 pm

Thumbs up Weather

Not sure what perfect is your neck of the woods, but yesterday we rode 400 miles in 70-80 degree sunshine with no wind. It was a perfect day! Not to say next year will be the same, but the odds are always up for grabs when it comes to the weather.

Cheers,

Gary & Mary Droege
1999 K1200LT
2008 K1200LT

"Life ain't about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce."
post #12 of 18 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 12:01 am

I can only speak for myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdroege
Not sure what perfect is your neck of the woods, but yesterday we rode 400 miles in 70-80 degree sunshine with no wind. It was a perfect day! Not to say next year will be the same, but the odds are always up for grabs when it comes to the weather.
Gary,

You might have found it rather cool here today. It was in the 80's, but the humidity percentage only reached the 50's (which is rather high for us). I see the it is 75% humidity in Parkville right now. That would be front page news here!

Like a lot of folks that grew up in the NW, I'm not accustom to humidity like that. How you perceive the weather has a lot to do with what you are use to. I hope you wouldn't expect that everyone in the country would have the same perfect day. You might find mine rather gloomy.

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

post #13 of 18 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 8:06 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelman
Gary,

You might have found it rather cool here today. It was in the 80's, but the humidity percentage only reached the 50's (which is rather high for us). I see the it is 75% humidity in Parkville right now. That would be front page news here!

Like a lot of folks that grew up in the NW, I'm not accustom to humidity like that. How you perceive the weather has a lot to do with what you are use to. I hope you wouldn't expect that everyone in the country would have the same perfect day. You might find mine rather gloomy.
Hey Gary, If I'm to understand your posts, you never leave the NW because of weather?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #14 of 18 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 10:06 am

Weather is always a bit "luck of the draw" -- the first few days at CCR this year were "steambath" hot (mid-90's with similar humidity -- extremely oppressive for us Yanks), but the last few days were very pleasant (80ish), other than having to dodge rain squalls now and then. It sounds like MO will probably be slightly cooler, but still pretty warm.

I must say, it makes a lot less sense (to me personally) to be going South in August (so the rest of us can suffer the heat/humidity with our Southern brethren) than it does to go North or to higher altitudes to provide them (and us!) some respite from the summer heat...but there are other factors involved in selecting a site for CCR, and it wouldn't be fair to have all of them in the North, either.

I will tell you that, during the coming year, the CCR Board is going to be considering "shaking things up" a bit for future CCRs, including the possibility of holding CCR on different dates (i.e., different seasons), so this might become less of an issue a few years from now. I personally wouldn't mind going to Arizona or Georgia in February, and places more Northerly in August...

Bruce Yates - Y3K on board!
Bellevue, WA (near sunny Seattle
)
2013 dark graphite K1600GTL "Tiger Shark"
(RIP - totaled by idiot cage driver)

2000 K1200LTc "Salsa" (sold to my buddy, Mel)
2012 midnight blue Vespa GTS 300ie (Cheri's)

(photography)

(new blog)

2001 CCR - Hot Springs, AR
2002 CCR - Santa Fe, NM
2003 CCR - Gatlinburg, TN
2004 CCR - Breckenridge, CO
2005 CCR - Jackson Hole, WY
2006 CCR - Braselton, GA
2009 CCR - Rapid City, SD
2011 CCR - Boise, ID

"If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields
post #15 of 18 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 10:30 am Thread Starter

Go North!

(Quote) I must say, it makes a lot less sense (to me personally) to be going South in August (so the rest of us can suffer the heat/humidity with our Southern brethren) than it does to go North or to higher altitudes to provide them (and us!) some respite from the summer heat.

I personally wouldn't mind going to Arizona or Georgia in February, and places more Northerly in August...[/QUOTE]

Bruce,
You hit the "nail on the head" as far as my sentiments go. My wife was raised in the south and as soon as Georgia was announced at Jackson last year, she said "no way the south in August!", so I immediately lost my riding partner.
I would definitley vote/volunteer to help on the scenario that you have suggested.
Jeff
post #16 of 18 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 11:04 am

Now That's What I'm Talking About

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Yates
I will tell you that, during the coming year, the CCR Board is going to be considering "shaking things up" a bit for future CCRs, including the possibility of holding CCR on different dates (i.e., different seasons), so this might become less of an issue a few years from now. I personally wouldn't mind going to Arizona or Georgia in February, and places more Northerly in August...
Bruce,

This sounds great!! I also vote/volunteer to help on these ideas. Maybe some reconnaissance trips??? Good luck and thanks for listening.

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

post #17 of 18 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 11:05 am

Jeff,

I can't make any promises...all I can do is assure you that I will use what little influence I have as a member of the Board to encourage that line of thinking.

Having said that, CCR is about SO much more than weather. Three of the six CCR's I've attended have been in the South (Hot Springs, AR...Gatlinburg, TN...Braselton, GA) at the same (VERY HOT) time of year, and I plan to attend every future CCR I can, even if they're in the same places at the same time of year! Getting to spend time with a great group of people with the same bike, the same interests -- at a venue where there are lots of LT-oriented vendors and lots of activities/seminars for riders as well as non-riding spouses...AND be able to raise money for a local charity that helps kids (this year we donated $21,000!) is an experience that can't be overstated.

The fact that the weather is good or bad is really the LEAST important aspect of CCR.

Bruce Yates - Y3K on board!
Bellevue, WA (near sunny Seattle
)
2013 dark graphite K1600GTL "Tiger Shark"
(RIP - totaled by idiot cage driver)

2000 K1200LTc "Salsa" (sold to my buddy, Mel)
2012 midnight blue Vespa GTS 300ie (Cheri's)

(photography)

(new blog)

2001 CCR - Hot Springs, AR
2002 CCR - Santa Fe, NM
2003 CCR - Gatlinburg, TN
2004 CCR - Breckenridge, CO
2005 CCR - Jackson Hole, WY
2006 CCR - Braselton, GA
2009 CCR - Rapid City, SD
2011 CCR - Boise, ID

"If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields
post #18 of 18 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 11:48 am

Thumbs up I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Yates
Jeff,
Having said that, CCR is about SO much more than weather.
Bruce,

I totally agree! There is a big difference between not being a drawing card and being the deciding factor for not attending. I would never suggest the latter. Thanks again for the good info.

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in