Heading Out - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Aug 15th, 2006, 8:33 am Thread Starter

Arrow Heading Out

I am heading out this afternoon on my CCR trip . It is currently a 31 day junket but I have room on the end for an additional 3 days if I drag my feet coming back from CCR. I am attaching a tentative schedule so if anyone is interested in hooking up with me for some period of the trip drop me a PM and I will send my cell phone number. I will be checking the forum when I have access to the Verizon digital network via my xv6700 PDA/Phone. I will only be on the freeways about 1/3 of the time so I may be out of touch some days.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JWD98056_CCR2006_Schedule.zip (5.2 KB, 28 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Aug 15th, 2006, 8:37 am

Jim,
I wish I had an extra 30 days so I could join you. Ride safe and have a great trip. We'll get together for a ride/meal after you get back.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #3 of 17 Old Aug 15th, 2006, 8:56 am

Cool

Jim, have a safe and relaxing trip. And please do say Hi to all those crazy CCR folks for us, will ya? This will be only the 2nd one we have missed since we learned about the CCR, and it is like missing a great big Family Reunion!

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #4 of 17 Old Aug 15th, 2006, 11:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFish
Jim, have a safe and relaxing trip. And please do say Hi to all those crazy CCR folks for us, will ya? This will be only the 2nd one we have missed since we learned about the CCR, and it is like missing a great big Family Reunion!
You got that right, John. Heartwrenching it is, and I thought missing last year's wuz gonna get me down (and it did), butt this year ............ man, it's worse!!! I guess I hope I never get over it, butt can make up for it a leetle bit by vowing to go to Toad Suck next year for sure!! See you and Marilyn there?!!! Hope so.

And Jim, ditto to what John sayeth - ride safe and enjoy the trip, the renuion and the run home!
post #5 of 17 Old Aug 15th, 2006, 1:44 pm

Question Toad Suck or Hays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
You got that right, John. Heartwrenching it is, and I thought missing last year's wuz gonna get me down (and it did), butt this year ............ man, it's worse!!! I guess I hope I never get over it, butt can make up for it a leetle bit by vowing to go to Toad Suck next year for sure!! See you and Marilyn there?!!! Hope so.

And Jim, ditto to what John sayeth - ride safe and enjoy the trip, the renuion and the run home!
Dick, is it for sure gonna be Toad Suck? Or does Hays or even Omaha have a chance??? Whichever it is, Marilyn & I do plan to attend it!!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #6 of 17 Old Aug 15th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Quote:
Dick, is it for sure gonna be Toad Suck? Or does Hays or even Omaha have a chance??? Whichever it is, Marilyn & I do plan to attend it!!

John
Well, John - now that you mention it, I do believe Hays, and maybe even Omaha, are still in the runnin'!! Guess we'll have to wait 'til Banquet nite to be sure, butt every time I bring the *renuion* subject up around here, ole Toad hollers "Toad Suck!!! Got cousins and nephews and leapfroggin' relatives back in the 'hood --- leave us go, and hurry it up!!" I figger after the Banquet nite, all I'll hear from ole Toad is "Are we there yet?!!"
post #7 of 17 Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 5:26 pm Thread Starter

Well I am sitting in the Bumpin Buffalo in Hill City, SD. I am waiting for my steak to show up. I am on schedule and having a great time. There is a lot of great riding in the Black Hills. I will definately be coming back. Except for one 30 minute downpour coming into the area here the weather has been great.

Rufus is running great and it pulls my Zenith trailer almost like it's not there.

I have one more day here then I start the sprint to the East.

My steak showed up so I gotta go. More later when I get the opportunity.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #8 of 17 Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:18 am

Toad Suck???

Quote:
Well, John - now that you mention it, I do believe Hays, and maybe even Omaha, are still in the runnin'!! Guess we'll have to wait 'til Banquet nite to be sure, butt every time I bring the *renuion* subject up around here, ole Toad hollers "Toad Suck!!! Got cousins and nephews and leapfroggin' relatives back in the 'hood --- leave us go, and hurry it up!!" I figger after the Banquet nite, all I'll hear from ole Toad is "Are we there yet?!!"
I guess I've been asleep at the switch. Toad Suck??.. as in Conway, Arkansas? A clever ploy to heighten the surprise???? I guess we will find out from those lucky enough to be able to go this year. Last year was our first CCR and we really want to go next year so the suspense is killing me.

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow)
2003 K1200LT (anthracite) sold
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

post #9 of 17 Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 1:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelman
I guess I've been asleep at the switch. Toad Suck??.. as in Conway, Arkansas? A clever ploy to heighten the surprise???? I guess we will find out from those lucky enough to be able to go this year. Last year was our first CCR and we really want to go next year so the suspense is killing me.

Dan
Hang in there, Dan --- I've got it on good authority that ole Toad is gonna be in Toad Heaven at next year's CCR. Matter of fact, ole Toad and I took a leetle morning jaunt up in the Tejas Hill Country a coupla hours ago, and did a leetle shopping in Kerrville for some jammies for next year's CCR late evenin' attire. On the way back to Boerne, ole Toad sorta drifted off IH-10E at the Comfort, Tejas exit and tried to head sorta NE over to Welfare, Tejas. When I axed "where the heck you think you're goin'?", ole Toad indicated we were gonna drop by the Comfort Bat Tunnel and inquire of some of them Mexican Freetail bats if they wuz gonna go up in Arkansas soon, to the Toad Suck Presbyterian Belfry Bell Ringin' contest and annual smoked Frog Leg culinary cookoff. Guess ole Toad is already tryin' to find out what kinda extry-curricular activities we can participate in next year, after the tech session at the Tadpole and Lily Pad gondola.

So, stay tuned Dan - '07 is gonna be better'n '05 and '06 put together. Ole Toad sez so!!
post #10 of 17 Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 4:26 pm

Talking

Quote:
Hang in there, Dan --- I've got it on good authority that ole Toad is gonna be in Toad Heaven at next year's CCR. Matter of fact, ole Toad and I took a leetle morning jaunt up in the Tejas Hill Country a coupla hours ago, and did a leetle shopping in Kerrville for some jammies for next year's CCR late evenin' attire. On the way back to Boerne, ole Toad sorta drifted off IH-10E at the Comfort, Tejas exit and tried to head sorta NE over to Welfare, Tejas. When I axed "where the heck you think you're goin'?", ole Toad indicated we were gonna drop by the Comfort Bat Tunnel and inquire of some of them Mexican Freetail bats if they wuz gonna go up in Arkansas soon, to the Toad Suck Presbyterian Belfry Bell Ringin' contest and annual smoked Frog Leg culinary cookoff. Guess ole Toad is already tryin' to find out what kinda extry-curricular activities we can participate in next year, after the tech session at the Tadpole and Lily Pad gondola.

So, stay tuned Dan - '07 is gonna be better'n '05 and '06 put together. Ole Toad sez so!!
Well we know it's gotta be better than the '06 CCR Dick, cause none of us is gonna make it to this year's Re-Union! And since you also missed last year's, well I guess that does make it better than both of em! No matter where it takes place! Toad Suck, Hays, etc!

And Dan, I'm sure someone at the Banquet will find a laptop before the night is over to let loose the word on where for sure the next year's happenings are gonna be! We're anxious as well!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #11 of 17 Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 4:31 pm

Talking Hi Jim! Not Hi-Jack!

Hey Jim, you out there? Thought I had better apologize for Hi-Jacking this here thread. But the subject is your trip to CCR, right? And that is what we been discussin, right? So maybe it really wasn't a Hi-Jack! Maybe it was a Hi-Jim though! Hee, Hee!! I kill me sometimes!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #12 of 17 Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 6:25 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Slow day at work, John? I guess in your business, that's probably a good thing.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #13 of 17 Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:56 pm

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Slow day at work, John? I guess in your business, that's probably a good thing.
You got that right Ken! Don't need anymore crashes for a while now. I think I must have crossed paths with you today at about 4:00 this afternoon on Butler Ave in Hillsboro? Sure looked like you anyway.

As far as slow days at work go, there aren't many of those these days. In fact I am looking at an early day tomorrow (6:30 AM start), and an even earlier day Friday (6:00 AM start!). Plus Friday is a trip to Bend for a quick visit then return that night! In a "G" car no less, not on the Bike! Business sometimes gets in the way of fun, don't ya know!

As far as you guys Tech Session this Sat, I'm still undecided. A lot will probably depend on how the work day goes Friday. May be able to hop over and "Supervise" a little though. Art & I just changed my front tire tonight from an 020 to an Avon. Curious to see how that works with the 020 rear. I know you and David are big fans of that combo, so it can't be all bad!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #14 of 17 Old Aug 24th, 2006, 12:02 am

Cool

Quote:
You got that right Ken! Don't need anymore crashes for a while now. I think I must have crossed paths with you today at about 4:00 this afternoon on Butler Ave in Hillsboro? Sure looked like you anyway.

As far as slow days at work go, there aren't many of those these days. In fact I am looking at an early day tomorrow (6:30 AM start), and an even earlier day Friday (6:00 AM start!). Plus Friday is a trip to Bend for a quick visit then return that night! In a "G" car no less, not on the Bike! Business sometimes gets in the way of fun, don't ya know!

As far as you guys Tech Session this Sat, I'm still undecided. A lot will probably depend on how the work day goes Friday. May be able to hop over and "Supervise" a little though. Art & I just changed my front tire tonight from an 020 to an Avon. Curious to see how that works with the 020 rear. I know you and David are big fans of that combo, so it can't be all bad!

John
Speaking of busy at work Ken, so far this week I have been to Las Vegas Nevada and Rapid City South Dakota. And that was just on a very long Monday night trip. We departed Hillsboro airport at about 5:30 Monday, and finally returned back here at 3:30 Tuesday morning! Just a little overtime, considering I had begun the day Monday at 7:30 that morning.

Busy? Yeah! Weekend can't get here too soon!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #15 of 17 Old Aug 24th, 2006, 5:07 am
IBR# 366

Garage
I thought "There's a bike coming." Then "It's an LT, with an Aerflow, and Champagne. Must be John."

Come by on Saturday if you can. Always good to have someone monitor the ladder situation.

Are you going to come out for 2Far 2CCR? It'll be a lot of fun.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #16 of 17 Old Aug 24th, 2006, 7:27 am

Red face

Like I said, the Tech Session depends on how the old body feels after the long Friday. As far as the 2Far2CCR ride goes, we will be very busy that weekend prepping for our Hawaiian Anniversary (30th!) which we are launching on that weekend as well! Timing is everything ya know! It really does sound like a great idea though!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #17 of 17 Old Aug 24th, 2006, 8:58 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Come by on Saturday if you can. Always good to have someone monitor the ladder situation. .
Ouch! That is a thought that just keeps on hurtin'! John... Bring your torque wrench to use on Ken... er, his bike that is....

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in