August 12th, 13th AMA National (Castle Rock) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 30th, 2006, 6:16 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up August 12th, 13th AMA National (Castle Rock)

The "Rock" is back!

Well it is an AMA "National" in every since of the word. August 12th @ 7pm and 13th @ 1pm . There will be a TT (aka Tourist Trophy - racing both left and right hand corners on flat smooth dirt surface) race on Saturday and a Short Track (1/4 mile or less flat track racing)on Sunday. Finally we can see some of the eastern riders coming to the West coast. Tradition has been that the local riders kick their butts, so it will be interesting to watch.

Click here for the flier. I've included a map of the local area, and it is very easy to find. One word of warning is the road to the parking lot is packed gravel and dirt. The driveway is short and fairly easy to negotiate.

At this point it looks like we are going to the Saturday night event. The Sunday event will be a maybe for us. Perhaps a RTE in Longview would be in order before the event on Saturday? Any interest in joining us? I'll be calling for tickets on Monday morning.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Castle Rock National.doc (119.0 KB, 40 views)

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 8:42 am

Ernie,

You are making a FULL weekend even fuller - Decisions, Decisions - That is the same weekend as the AHMRA national trials and motocross in Chehalis as well as a couple of other events that we usually attend. Now I have to see if we can fit this one in as well. it was fun meeting you in Castle Rock last year.
AHMRA - Antique and Historic Motorcycle Racing Association (I think) - Old men on Older bikes racing on a river side old style track. We have seen and met several past motocross champions and the track is designed by Dick Mann.
Decisions Decisions

Steve
Olympia
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 9:59 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek1200lt
Ernie,

You are making a FULL weekend even fuller - Decisions, Decisions - That is the same weekend as the AHMRA national trials and motocross in Chehalis as well as a couple of other events that we usually attend. Now I have to see if we can fit this one in as well. it was fun meeting you in Castle Rock last year.
AHMRA - Antique and Historic Motorcycle Racing Association (I think) - Old men on Older bikes racing on a river side old style track. We have seen and met several past motocross champions and the track is designed by Dick Mann.
Decisions Decisions

Steve
Olympia
That is a tough one Steve. The AHMRA has had a great turnout of riders on this years circuit. Jim Pomeroy of NW fame has been campaigning the Bultaco brand to a very competitive scale. It would be fun to watch if he were there. Just where are they coming up with the parts to keep that old equipment running? ...and I mean the bikes too

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 10:59 am

Ernie,

Pomeroy has been there in the past. There are plenty of old machines and parts for sale there as well. I remember watching an older gentelman in a grey sweatshirt riding slowly around the track during warm up one year. Nice - I thought. I wonder how he will do when the racing starts. Well this older slow riding gentelman - WON the race - Dick Mann! Since this is a national, and the most highly talked about one, there are riders from all over - like the AMA national in Castle Rock.
The old bikes are a blast - like old MX Triumphs and BSAs, there has even been an MX Harley there with drilled pieces to lighten it everywhere!
I think that maybe I will do the MINI cooper event on friday night, Maybe Castle Rock on Saturday afternoon and then Gray's Farm in Chehalis on Sunday or maybe ...

http://www.ahrma.org/northwest/aMX_ChehalisWA.htm

Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in