Vancouver, WA area riders? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Feb 1st, 2015, 1:37 pm Thread Starter

Vancouver, WA area riders?

Hi,

I'm looking for people to meet up with and plan some riding this summer. I know there are riders from Oregon who meet on a regular basis, but I am looking for something just a bit closer to home to avoid that traffic.

My wife and I are interested in short rides (she does not like riding long distance plus finding someone to watch the kids is an issue). Riding solo, I am interested in longer rides, multi-day and even motorcycle camping. Just thought I'd throw out some feelers to see if there is any riders in the local Vancouver/Camas/Washougal (WA) area.

This year, I'm planning a few trips. One to the San Juan Islands for a few days and also a week long trip towards Idaho, then over to Reno/Tahoe. After that it's the Mendocino coast and then North back home. Trips to the Oregon or Washington coast for lunch sound great too.

Chris

2003 K1200LT
Washougal, WA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 12:43 pm

Re: Vancouver, WA area riders?

HI there! I live in Vancouver and enjoy riding with different people and groups. My situation sounds very similar to yours. My wife prefers shorter rides, usally with a destination with good food. When I ride solo I prefer to get some miles in and also do a little bit of bike camping. Give me a PM and we can always exchange phone numbers. I will warn you that some of my friends ride Harley's and Victory's and if they come along they may be dressed like pirates!

John

2007 BMW R1200RT
2005 SV 650 "nekid"
post #3 of 6 Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 1:35 pm

Garage

I'm over in Port Townsend and relatively new to the area. Want to get out for some riding this year as well. Like you, would have to get someone to watch our son if we planned anything as couples so day tripping would be good but solo longer trips are an option.

1973 Yamaha 250 Enduro (crash and burn)
1982 Yamaha Virago 920 (sold)
Honda CB750 Custom (sold...good riddins!)
2003 K1200LT - Black (for sale)
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue Metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 4:58 pm

Hey guys don't forget the Chief Joseph Rally in John Day, Oregon. Some fantastic roads around Condon, Hepner, Antelope and the John Day area. Camping or motel, Fathers day weekend in June. Usually about 400/500 people and mostly independent riding. Then there is the smaller WA. State BMW riders rally in Republic, WA. first weekend of August. The National in Billings, Montana. Several rallies in Northern California. Living in Vancouver, go check out the road from Wasco to Condon to Fossil to Antelope, Oregon of course, you will be in heaven. All places to meet people too. My wife use to do the short ride thing to lunch, but gave it up. She goes to Europe I head out riding for the Summer.

Beech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I change your tires $40, you buy them on the web.
K13S, S1000R (gone through a few GS's & RT's)
post #5 of 6 Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 5:05 pm
Cat Herder

Garage

What BMW model do you ride? Do you want to play in the dirt or in the twisties?

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

post #6 of 6 Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 8:04 pm Thread Starter

Sent a couple PM's and will hopefully have some riding buddies lined up once the wet stuff stops (just to/from work on rainy days).

I haven't had dirt bikes in years, last being a DR650. Just pavement now on my '03 K1200LT!

I am seriously negotiating to go to the Chief Joseph Rally, but with it being Father's Day weekend I'm not making any progress. My wife and kids have other plans for me which doesn't include riding. I do plan to do that ride and see John Day and Fossil.

2003 K1200LT
Washougal, WA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in