Grand Tour Awards Banquet - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Oct 13th, 2005, 7:10 pm Thread Starter
IBR# 366

Garage
Grand Tour Awards Banquet

Well, it seems that I have to make another trip up to Hillsboro for work. We're still sorting out dates, but it will be either the last week of October or the first week of November.

That means I get to come to the Rose City Grand Tour Awards Banquet.

I figure I might as well go, since I did manage to get to every checkpoint over some 12K miles. Anyone else interested in going?

On another note, any problems with coming up I-5 around Halloween? I figure it's sure to get cold, and probably wet too, but hopefully I won't see snow in the passes this early.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Oct 13th, 2005, 10:50 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up Banquet Dinner

That is great news Ken. We signed up for the dinner and are planning to ride if my shoulder is not giving me too much trouble. I'm hoping to hold off surgery until the first of the year. Let's hook up for a ride while you're here.

The weather should be ok over the Siskiyou summit. The weather is always better on the coast this time of year (up to about Florence anyway, then cut over to Eugene) if things change for the worse.

It will be good to see you again. Be sure to call when you hit town.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #3 of 4 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 11:27 am

Great that you are coming back up this way. Marcia and will be joining everyone next year for Grand Tour stuff but did not participate this year.

Maybe while you are here we can do a rainy day ride and compare headlights.

post #4 of 4 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 2:01 pm Thread Starter
IBR# 366

Garage
Well I should have Saturday the 29th free, up until the banquet starts around 6 p.m. I'll also have Sunday the 30th free.

The two possibilities are a ride with the locals, or maybe a mini tech session up in Washington. Maybe a ride on Saturday, and heading north on Sunday?

I still haven't decided if I want to wander on the way up, or just IronButt it. I'll probably check weather as we get closer and decide then.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in