Need B&B suggestions N.E. coast & up to Qubec - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Apr 11th, 2006, 11:04 pm Thread Starter

Smile Need B&B suggestions N.E. coast & up to Qubec

I'm planning a trip in August along the Maine coast, maybe over to Halifax, back up towards Quebec, Montreal, down through NY to Rochester. I need some suggestions towns to stop in and places to stay for the night.

We're open to staying at very simple Bed & Breakfast or other lodges off of the beaten path. I'd like to avoid the chain hotels if I can.

Any suggestions?
Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Apr 12th, 2006, 9:39 pm

Maine Lodging info

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryEdgar
I'm planning a trip in August along the Maine coast, maybe over to Halifax, back up towards Quebec, Montreal, down through NY to Rochester. I need some suggestions towns to stop in and places to stay for the night.

We're open to staying at very simple Bed & Breakfast or other lodges off of the beaten path. I'd like to avoid the chain hotels if I can.

Any suggestions?
Gary
After a few trips to the Bar Harbor area I made up this summary. It might give you a few places to stop on that section of your ride. Are you starting in the Rochester NY area? Your profile did not say.
Attached Files
File Type: doc BAY OF FUNDY K12LT 03 TRIP LODGING ETC FACT SHEET.doc (25.0 KB, 55 views)

"The idea is to die young as late as possible"

Barney Rubble (rider); Wilma Flintstone (pillion).
2000LTC CHAMPAGNE, Most prominent color at early CCR's
BMWMOA 89402
post #3 of 4 Old May 10th, 2006, 9:59 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryEdgar

Any suggestions?
Gary
Nova Scotia is a great! In Halifax look into the Halliburton House (small hotel in town) www.thehalliburton.com I would not be so quick to turn around and head back to the states. You should consider riding the loop up north on Cape Breton Island called the Cabot Trail. Another nice spot to stay up there is the Normaway Inn www.normaway.com . Can't say enough good things about the area and the people some of the best you will ever meet.

On your trip over to or back from the coast of Maine (my native land, now living in southeast PA ) I would go through White Mountains and pass through Rangeley and then the Carrabassett Valley on my way to Augusta and hit Rt 1 off of Rt 27 in Wiscasset the continue on 27 south to Boothbay. After that you can't go wrong heading north and stoping in any of towns. There are so many places to explore along the way.

Hope that helps..

LTO
05 LT Graphite

post #4 of 4 Old May 11th, 2006, 8:20 am

Try KOA

I us KOA (http://koa.com/where/me/index.htm) when I ride. Its cheap, safe and allows my bike to sit just outside my cabin. Most KOA's have "Kabins" for ~$25 a night that are simple, yet safe, clean and secure. (western US prices).

Most of the ones I stay at, have some type of basic dinner and breakfast, shower facilities along with wireless or free dialup Internet.

You can also do the tent route for even less money.

Mark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in