Hey Curtis ... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Aug 29th, 2011, 7:12 am Thread Starter

Hey Curtis ...

... the national news isn't painting a pretty picture for Vermont. You ok where you are?? Surely hope so. I see you are/were on, so I guess power is ok there. Best of luck to get thru all this mess, Curtis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Aug 29th, 2011, 7:12 pm

Re: Hey Curtis ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
... the national news isn't painting a pretty picture for Vermont. You ok where you are?? Surely hope so. I see you are/were on, so I guess power is ok there. Best of luck to get thru all this mess, Curtis.
My family and I hold the high ground, no loss of power, minor washout of the drive. Lost the footbridge over the brook. Attached is a picture of the bridge before it went out.
Very serious flooding in towns around here, roads and bridges out.
Ironic, we were thinking we'd have wind, trees down, power out. Instead the winds were pretty mild, came the night after the flooding did all the damage.
Lots of businesses and homes in the low areas flooded.

Stanley Lynde's Motorsports shop, (see article about Stanley in recent BMWON by Muriel Farington) is (was) on Flat Street. His whole shop, bikes, tools, machine shop all had to have been flooded. Just one of many. The youtube video shows the street his shop is on.

http://www.lyndemotorsports.com/index.php/photo-gallery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za-6bEsvnLA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurricane Irene August 2011 043.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	1,000.8 KB
ID:	32648  

Last edited by CharlieVT; Aug 29th, 2011 at 7:22 pm.
post #3 of 8 Old Aug 29th, 2011, 7:24 pm Thread Starter

Thanks, Curtis. Truly glad you and your family didn't make the national news. Pretty horrific happenings all over the area; and yet Irene left with the consensus that there were a lot worse that coulda happened.

A load of lumber, a power saw, a hammer, a belt pouch full of tools, and some rusty old nails will give the brook sumpthin' to admire when it resumes meandering.

Best always, Curtis.

post #4 of 8 Old Aug 29th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Thank you Dick for thinking of us here in the Deep South of Vermont.
I've rebuilt that bridge already once this year. Big ice jam in the spring took it out during the spring run off.
My neighbor down stream of us really needs his bridge 'cause his cabin is across the brook from his driveway and parking. I've rebuilt his bridge several times. Attached is a pic of the "quickie" temporary bridge we put up after the ice flow last spring. It went out again with Irene. We had it tethered with cable on one end and were able to salvage much of it. We spent this morning getting it back across the brook.
Attached pic is of his bridge after rebuilding it last spring. That's what the brook is supposed to look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Thanks, Curtis. Truly glad you and your family didn't make the national news. Pretty horrific happenings all over the area; and yet Irene left with the consensus that there were a lot worse that coulda happened.

A load of lumber, a power saw, a hammer, a belt pouch full of tools, and some rusty old nails will give the brook sumpthin' to admire when it resumes meandering.

Best always, Curtis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridge 009.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	32649  
post #5 of 8 Old Aug 29th, 2011, 8:11 pm
Enjoy The Ride

I'm glad to here your high & dry I figured the house & out buildings would be ok. It's sad to here about Stanley's shop it takes forever to clean up and save what you can.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 5:58 pm
Enjoy The Ride

Any news on Lynde Motorsports Shop condition Curtis ?.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 9:04 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Hi all I just got my power and internet back last night and tonight . At the mouth of the Ct River we are seeing the effect of all that rain in Curt's back yard. trees propane tanks refrigerators ect.... the river is full of silt and looks like well creamed coffee.. lost lots of trees. winds were only gusting around 60mph. but all are safe

Steve

post #8 of 8 Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 9:07 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperra
Hi all I just got my power and internet back last night and tonight . At the mouth of the Ct River we are seeing the effect of all that rain in Curt's back yard. trees propane tanks refrigerators ect.... the river is full of silt and looks like well creamed coffee.. lost lots of trees. winds were only gusting around 60mph. but all are safe
Steve
Glad y'all survived, Steve. Lotsa work ahead to erase the effects of Irene!! Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in