IMS Bike Show- Javitis Center, NYC - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 8:36 pm Thread Starter

Garage
IMS Bike Show- Javitis Center, NYC

I went to the IMS Bike show today and spent well over an hour drooling over...er...inspecting the new Ducati Multistrada. I talked to the factory Rep for 30 minutes. From all angles, it looks like a winner to me. The seat was firm but comfortable. I'm 5'9" and weigh a hefty 240 and was able to stand the bike up on my tip toes. Doable, but not ideal.

Most of my riding would be on the road 90% and some fire trails/gravel/hard packed the remaining 10%. This bike will rock for my riding style.

Now for my issues- petty as they may seem.

Ducati sure should have had more than one model at the show- black only thank you. With all of the buzz, you'd think they would have hyped it a touch more especially in the NYC show.

I left the Duc display and headed over to the BMW area. This was BMW Corporate sponsored setup. They had a GS Factory Lowered on display and man, that bike simply fit me like a glove. I could stand on her flat footed no problem. Very comfortable.

Interesting side note, BMW Corporate had not one LT on display. 4-5 GSs (Adv, 1200, 800 and 650) , 2-3 RTs and various other K bikes but no LT's. Not Cool!

I then bopped over to the Triumph area to test fit the Tiger. It felt cheap by comparison to the Duc and the GS. Plus, Triumph could not even be bothered to install mirrors on any of the bikes. They left all of their bikes on their Condor chocks. WTF?

I threw my legs over a ton of bikes today. But, I do have to say, I was really impressed with the 650 V Strom. Fit nice and the price was right.

If I sold my LT today, I would get a lowered GS. Simply because the aftermarket parts are ready today. If you ask me the same question 2-3 years from now, the MS wins hands down.

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in