Winter Love Affair - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Feb 4th, 2006, 4:20 pm Thread Starter

Winter Love Affair

Well I had to do it. 35 deg, sunny, been a long winter: took Black Beauty out for a ride. Accelerating from the start, crank it out, 6K shift, triple digits, downshift for the corner, little brake, roll on the throttle & dive to the inside hit the line, crack the throttle, shift. Downshift, little brake, "s" next corner, roll on, dive inside, back up, dive outside then back in. OOOOOOhhhhh...

Long lost love affair, finally after all this time. Rode twice in Jan, now if Feb... can't wait for spring.

Chuck J

02 K1200LT (Black Beauty)

New friends make it all worthwhile!!! Smile, its catching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Feb 4th, 2006, 6:26 pm

Well mine wasn't quite as exciting as yours sounds, but I too got out for a few minutes today. The wife needed potatoes from the farmers market a few miles up the road. I jumped on the bike and off I went. It was 46 over here so I was basking in the overcast skies. After picking up the potatoes I proceeded to continue up to Montour Falls and back for a nice little 35 mile run.

Tried out my new (well new to me) J-Pegs and they are nice. The new Bakup should be here Tuesday and my new helmets on Thursday. Got the bug too. I think were done for a while though looking at the weather forecast for the next 10 days.

2000 Canyon Red "Crimson Cruiser"
40,000 miles grinning, and counting....
BMWMOA # 131660
post #3 of 4 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 5:40 am Thread Starter

Hi Randy:

Yeah, the weather looks pretty grim temperature wise at least for the next week or two. What kind of helmets did you get? Intercom system? Can't wait to check em out.

Was thinking about you and Don yesterday and wondering if you guys would be out riding in the mild temps. Spring fever already... (as the Hemi guys say) "that can't be good"!

Safe riding.

Chuck

Chuck J

02 K1200LT (Black Beauty)

New friends make it all worthwhile!!! Smile, its catching.

post #4 of 4 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 6:11 am

Ended up buying the HJC Symax helmets. Bought 2 silver ones for wife and myself and 2 black ones for my boys. I haven't decided on what to do about intercom etc yet and am not sure I will for a while. Want to determine how much the wife is going to ride before I go too crazy.

I contacted the previous owner and the bike had an Autocom system on it in the past. Apparently the dealer had taken it off before selling it as he stated he traded it in with it. I did find more of the wiring on the bike from it, but unfortunately not the system.

2000 Canyon Red "Crimson Cruiser"
40,000 miles grinning, and counting....
BMWMOA # 131660

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in