Who has vacation plans? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 4:30 am Thread Starter

Who has vacation plans?

I just thought it would be fun to hear what others are doing for the summer. I have a trip planned to return to Cherokee, NC. in Sept. Plan is to ride the Skyline Drive and then the Blue Ridge all the way to Cherokee. Three day down and then another 4 riding in the curvy roads and mountains. I am sure we will do Deals Gap at least one time to add to the 100 or so we have already done on that 11 miles. NC has so much to offer for great rides. I never get tired of going there.

What are your plans?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 6:43 am

Re: Who has vacation plans?

Coming to Pa in Sept. The Indian club I belong to put together a ride to Gettysburg with a guide. Cool thing is the guide rides too.

Really looking forward to it.

SCC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 7:07 am

On Sunday Aug 2nd, I am headed north to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island for 8 days. I am riding with KMC1. We are taking our GS's. I can not wait to get to Cape Breton, NS. I am really looking forward to this trip.

No real planned route just going to play it loose.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog

post #4 of 11 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 7:24 am
Lifetime Supporter

Just a leisurely trip back to NE in mid-September where I grew up to visit some aging relatives. I'll also do the Cape to visit "my special summer" in Wellfleet.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #5 of 11 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 7:46 am

Leaving next week for 13 days, tent camping my way across New England. I found two BMW rallies that dovetail into my trip perfectly. Damn Yankees rally in Heath, Mass and the UNrally in Lancaster, NH. The fine folks at the UN have pulled some strings and got us a ride up to the top of Mt. Washington for the sunrise. 30 bikes or so, very exclusive. From thereup to the coast of Maine to see my folks and NYC to see my sister.

First long trip on my LT, and first long trip for me. I'm hoping for good weather and no mechanical issues!

Damn Yankees rally: http://www.yankeebeemers.org/Damn_Yankees.html
UNrally: http://unrally.vitarara.net/

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobobomy!
87 K100RS Tooling round town edition
01 K1200LT Luxo-Barge
83 Yamaha XJ Turbo Forced Air Futility
83 GPz 1100 Thrashed, Trashed & Crashed
74 Honda 500-4 Mad Max reincarnate
post #6 of 11 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 12:05 pm

My vacation plans are to to go CCR. I will be leaving on the 28th of Aug, heading to Punxsutawney to see Phil, then up through Michigan to ride accross the Macinac bridge. From there to the Mississippi headwaters in Minnesota, then south to Wabasha MN to get a pic of the bench with Walter Mathau and Jack Lemmon painted on it. From there to Rapid City. After CCR, head southwest to the four corners, then back up through Colorado to take rt 50 all the way back to the east coast. Other than at CCR, I will be camping the whole way.

Tony

2006 K1200LT "SNOB"

IBA 35008

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent

post #7 of 11 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 12:53 pm

Just got back from my vacation - to Alaska and back - a total of 11,500 miles. Did it with my close friend and riding partner who picked up an '09 LT just for this trip. We detailed the entire trip in a blog (link in my signature) if anyone is interested. If you have 4 weeks to spend someday, I'd very highly recommend doing something like this - what an experience!.

Live Slow... Fly Fast

Check out our
blog that chronicled our trip to Alaska and back.

<- The Boy
The Toys

2001 K1200LT-C that's been to the Alaskan Arctic Circle and back
2008 VRSCAWA H-D V-Rod with a few goodies
2005 VRSCA H-D V-Rod
1981 Mooney M20J

post #8 of 11 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 1:15 pm

I am in Greece for the last 3 weeks. Coming back this Sunday.

A lot of fun riding around !!!
post #9 of 11 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 11:09 am

Aug 7th I am leaving on a trip to the Gaspe in Que. Cn.on the return leg will be entering the US in Me and staying one night in Rumford then a second night in Brattleboro VT. on thursday, with dinner at the Steak rest. on putney rd. Some of you BBD's know where I am talking about. I will be with five other bikers from my club. Hey Curtis if you are in the area join us for dinner.
post #10 of 11 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 8:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalny
Aug 7th I am leaving on a trip to the Gaspe in Que. Cn.on the return leg will be entering the US in Me and staying one night in Rumford then a second night in Brattleboro VT. on thursday, with dinner at the Steak rest. on putney rd. Some of you BBD's know where I am talking about. I will be with five other bikers from my club. Hey Curtis if you are in the area join us for dinner.
Hi jvalny!! It would be nice to go riding with you and your friends but that weekend I will be at Bar Harbor ME. My wife just got a job in Ellsworth ME. and plan to spend weekends there. if you decided to stoped by then we could ride to Acadia national park. Let me know

BMW K1200GT 2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic (Atlas)
BMWMOA # 130458

HD FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2008 Suede Blue & V. Black(hers)
post #11 of 11 Old Aug 6th, 2009, 3:19 pm

Looks like we will be going in different directions. Be Safe JV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in