Highway peg decision help needed - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 7:39 am Thread Starter

Highway peg decision help needed

I want to add HW Pegs to my 06 LT but dont know which ones would be best for me.
With that said I am wondering if there are any folks in the CT area that have examples of the MOPS, JPEGS and the Ottomans who would let me look at and maybe just sit on your bike to see how the pegs work for me. I am retired and avail anytime.
Looks like winter has returned again, finally got my 1100 driveway cleared of ice and snow and managed to get two days riding in and now have 5 inches on it again. Come on Spring.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 9:18 am

Highway pegs are about as subject as the brand of underwear you buy. Not only do they all feel different, but they look different too. I have the J-Peg XLs and love them. I wouldn't have an LT without them. Some have traded their J-Pegs for the Ottomans. I can't blame them from a functional POV, but I just can't get past the look of the Ottomans.

You hit the nail on the head though. You really need to find people in your area that have different pegs, and sit on each bike so you can see them and feel them for yourself.

Lastly, if you have the lights under the wings you can't use the J-Peg regulars...you would need the XLs. The regulars will cover your lights.

HTH
post #3 of 8 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:36 am

im in wallingford right off I-91,,,im off wed and thurs. i have the reg, j-pegs you wont be able to ride it ,,i have it apart ,,, but you can sit on it,,,, let me know

post #4 of 8 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 12:19 pm Thread Starter

Thks Joe, I did not know that about the JPEGS and the ground lights.

Lenny, I would like to take a look at the JPEGS and see how they would fit. I assume there is not much difference between them and the XL's. I dont need to ride just want to see how to throw my legs on them. Buy you a cup of coffee.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
post #5 of 8 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 12:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredR
I assume there is not much difference between them and the XL's.
A good assumption if you're talking about installation. A bad assumption if you're talking about comfort. Due to my height (6'3", 34" inseam), the XLs were just what the doctor ordered for me. If you're well under 6', the XLs may be too far of a reach for your feet. It's best to try them both on for size...if possible.
post #6 of 8 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 12:40 pm

ill send you a mess wed morning,,just i case i get called into work where is burlington ct ??
post #7 of 8 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 3:54 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
A good assumption if you're talking about installation. A bad assumption if you're talking about comfort. Due to my height (6'3", 34" inseam), the XLs were just what the doctor ordered for me. If you're well under 6', the XLs may be too far of a reach for your feet. It's best to try them both on for size...if possible.
I am just 6' but only have a 29 inseam. I am used the the burton pegs I had on my RT but even they were not to comfortable. But without them I cant do the long haul stuff that I like, my knees start cramping up at the 40-60 mile marker then I have to straighten them out one at a time.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
post #8 of 8 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 3:57 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny
ill send you a mess wed morning,,just i case i get called into work where is burlington ct ??
Hi Lenny. Burlington is sort of between Bristol and Farmington. If you will just follow up with a good time and day for you I will be there. If you would include your address in the email I will just plug it into my gps, a phone wud be nice to in case garmin leads me astray.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in