Benefit Dinner - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 26th, 2009, 9:51 pm Thread Starter

Benefit Dinner

Hi,
I know I have not been on since my son Brian passed away on his motorcycle in July 08, we are having a benefit dinner in his memory to raise money for a billboard that will be placed on Route 8 in Waterbury, CT. The billboard will be for helmet awareness. My son always wore his helmet and on this night he gave it to a girl who wanted a ride on his bike, We dont know what happened (I think an animal ran in front of him) he went off the road and hit his head on a rock and died instantly, the girl was fine. I am attaching a copy of the billboard . PLEASE, if you are in the area, please come. It will be held on May 16th at Tuckers Pub in Sandisfield MA, it is a beautiful ride there. We are also taking donations made payable to: Brian Phillips Billboard Fund, C/O Torrington Savings Bank, 235 Dibble Street, Torrington, CT 06790.
There was also an article written in the Waterbury Ct newspaper (Republican American) yesterday about what we are doing. Please help if you can.
Cyndie

Information from Flyer:

Benefit In Memory Of
Brian “Beeenz” Phillips
Pasta Dinner
$20.00 each
Saturday, May 16th 2009 1-4 pm
Tuckers Pub, Rt 8, Sandisfield, MA
For tickets call Cyndie @ 860-605-5993

We are raising money for a billboard on Rte. 8 asking motorcyclists to please wear a helmet.

Brian passed away at the age of 22. He hit his head and did not have his helmet on because he gave it to the girl that was riding with him. Connecticut is one of the few states that does NOT have a helmet law. Since there is no law we want to make motorcyclists aware of the risk they take each time they get on their bike without the proper gear. Please help save lives.

Below is an example of one idea for the billboard.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp brianbillboardedited.bmp (334.2 KB, 46 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 27th, 2009, 9:03 am

Re: Benefit Dinner

I'll try to make it Cyndie. I used to live In Enfield, CT and Springfield, MA. And I have a fil in Wilbraham, MA so I'll try to stay with him. So sorry to hear what happened to Brian. I can sit here on my porch in Maine and see over 75% of people riding their bikes without helmets. To me, I see a culture of "freedom issues" for riders overwhelming a culture of "safety issues" for riders. It's just what they know. What you are doing is terrific and I commend you on your efforts. It will help, for sure.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old Apr 27th, 2009, 9:08 am Thread Starter

Re: Benefit Dinner

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. We sold our K1200LT after the accident, I just can't seem to ride anymore. I am trying to talk my daughter into selling hers, but she is not ready yet. But she does wear a helmet every time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in