It's Time to Rise & Ride - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old Mar 31st, 2009, 2:06 am Thread Starter

It's Time to Rise & Ride

Are there any riders left on this forum from the New England States of Ma, NH, or ME.. Hello anybody out there or did we switch to another forum?

I didn't get the memo...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old Mar 31st, 2009, 7:27 am

Talking Re: It's Time to Rise & Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBMW
Are there any riders left on this forum from the New England States of Ma, NH, or ME.. Hello anybody out there or did we switch to another forum?

I didn't get the memo...
This is a pretty quiet forum; everyone's been out riding for months, too busy to post.
Besides, New Englanders are kinda terse.
post #3 of 23 Old Mar 31st, 2009, 7:54 am

Re: It's Time to Rise & Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVT
This is a pretty quiet forum; everyone's been out riding for months, too busy to post.
Besides, New Englanders are kinda terse.
Yep, we used chains for our tires and ride see charlie's avatar . My wife and I had a wonderful ride on Saturday, we put 130 milles in the woods and had breakfast in Lewiston. We are hoping for a clear weekend for a ride. Arthur, I notice that you posted at 2 A.M. WOW that is early, Were you talking in your Ham radio?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BMW K1200GT 2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic (Atlas)
BMWMOA # 130458

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HD FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2008 Suede Blue & V. Black(hers)

Last edited by spinedr; Mar 31st, 2009 at 8:42 am.

post #4 of 23 Old Mar 31st, 2009, 8:51 am

It does get quiet from time to time. I think everybody is spending time getting their bikes in shape for the upcoming season rather than posting. I rode to work today

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #5 of 23 Old Mar 31st, 2009, 11:16 am

Up in VT, I've been riding for 2-3 weeks on my Multistrada. The RT is waiting for a new seat.

RB

2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000DS (red)
2009 BMW R1200 RT (biue)

post #6 of 23 Old Mar 31st, 2009, 2:35 pm

sully2028 rode up here from NJ today, we did a few miles together on Vt rte 9; beautiful day.
We had a nice chat over lunch; told each other lies.
Nice to make new friends through this board.

I've been out on all three bikes now; the road surfaces are starting to clear of sand, salt, and melt run-off so cranking the sweepers is back in style.

I love this bike, the BMW K1200LT.
(did you know some people have two of 'em?)
post #7 of 23 Old Mar 31st, 2009, 6:33 pm

I've been riding for about three weeks. My problem now is my road is all mud!!! Took the bike to Max for a new front tire and have the rear rotor swapped out under the service bulletin on Saturday. Max saw all the mud on the bike and just grinned.

Looks like nice weather for this upcoming weekend, anyone want to do a NH RTE?

I'm spending this week in the south (Burlington Mass.) But am still checking in on the board.

Tony

2006 K1200LT "SNOB"

IBA 35008

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent

post #8 of 23 Old Apr 1st, 2009, 12:20 pm

Been using the wifes GS500F. My seats are out to Russell and the bike is at Max's for service. It should be all set in 2 weeks at the most.

Cheers,

Jim
MSF Rider Coach

Haverhill, MA
66 R50/2
92 R100R
07 Silver KGT
post #9 of 23 Old Apr 1st, 2009, 2:06 pm

Took Rosie out for a quick 5 mile ride around the block last week so I can run the engine and change the fluids. (There really is no block where I live, so I had to go find one )

Looking forward to my first REAL ride this upcoming weekend.

Ray "Razman"

2004 BMW K1200LTE - Rosie (As in Whole Lotta Rosie)
1996 HD Sportster XLH883 Hugger (sold)
1986 Honda Interceptor VF500F (sold)

Your chosen perspective changes everything. - Unknown Author

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit." - Aristotle; 384-322 BC, Greek Philosopher and Scientist
post #10 of 23 Old Apr 1st, 2009, 6:12 pm

Finally getting around to putting the bike on the road for the season. Late for me, but I've been sort of tied up helping Telle recover from her injuries (she's doing fine now).

I was hoping to get out on Saturday, but the John Deere mower has to be serviced for the season as well. So, I'll be under the hood on the L120, changing out the battery, the oil, greasing all the fittings, changing the plugs and air filter and sharpening the blades. The fuel tank developed a leak at the end of last year. I think whoever designed the John Deere had a hand designing the K1200LT - it's going to be a major project getting the tank out. So much for my Saturday.

To be honest, I'm having a hard time getting psyched up about riding season. The roads are in terrible condition, with a bumper crop of potholes this spring. Maybe I'll ride up to Portsmouth and visit my tattoo artist. Fresh ink always raises my spirits! Problem is, I'm running out of available real estate. (Well, there is still some open area, but my artist said he doesn't want to stare at my arse for hours on end.)

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)
post #11 of 23 Old Apr 1st, 2009, 10:57 pm Thread Starter

ALL NE Riders,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have already taken my bike out for a short trip, but have to
perform some general maintenance (fluids changing/check vitals) before hitting the
road. I have another work related journey to make that will keep me out of the saddle until mid April.

All, Ride safe c u on the hwy's
post #12 of 23 Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 8:45 am

Tat,

Saturday will be nice, however Sunday is supposed to be nicer!

Get your chores out of the way Saturday and enjoy riding Sunday!

Ray "Razman"

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit." - Aristotle; 384-322 BC, Greek Philosopher and Scientist
post #13 of 23 Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat_n_Telle
Finally getting around to putting the bike on the road for the season. Late for me, but I've been sort of tied up helping Telle recover from her injuries (she's doing fine now).

I was hoping to get out on Saturday, but the John Deere mower has to be serviced for the season as well. So, I'll be under the hood on the L120, changing out the battery, the oil, greasing all the fittings, changing the plugs and air filter and sharpening the blades. The fuel tank developed a leak at the end of last year. I think whoever designed the John Deere had a hand designing the K1200LT - it's going to be a major project getting the tank out. So much for my Saturday.
Glad to hear the misses is on the mend. I took my Cub Cadet out of the shed yesterday, flat tire and dead battery. I was able to jump it and move it to the garage so I can charge the battery and do the oil change. I think that will be done on Saturday. I then need to go to my fathers house and spread some lime for him on Sunday. So much for this weekend. Maybe I will ride to his house.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #14 of 23 Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:58 am

Am pulling mine out of storage this weekend and having all the fluids changed next Saturday at the dealer.
post #15 of 23 Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman10
Tat,

Saturday will be nice, however Sunday is supposed to be nicer!

Get your chores out of the way Saturday and enjoy riding Sunday!
It's going to be an early start for me Saturday. The servicing won't take long, but I took a look at the fuel tank removal procedure. Not looking forward to this at all. Hopefully I can get it all done in one day.

And yes, Telle is doing great! She's up and walking with no aid whatsoever, which has the surgeon and therapist amazed. She is about a month ahead of schedule. She still has some swelling in her ankle, and a nasty scar, but I always know she's feeling better when she asks me to get the mower ready!

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)
post #16 of 23 Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 4:13 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I rode mine to work twice this week. All the gas from the fall is used so no more stabilizer
left in the tank. Time for some serious riding!!
post #17 of 23 Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 4:12 pm

I had asked a couple days ago if anyone was interested in an RKE this weekend. Well, my brother had gastric bypass surgery yeterday. I spoke with him last night, he was doing great. That changed today. He is bleeding internally and is in ICU. I spoke with his wife this afternoon, he is stable, the doctors think he will be fine, but my plan now is to ride from New Hampshire to Wareham, MA on Sunday to see him. Since the weather is supposed to be nice Sunday, I will take the LT. I told my sister-in-law that it was kind of selfish of me as I was looking for somewhere to ride Sunday anyway.

I am not a religious man, but if you are, I would appreciate prayers for my brother.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony

2006 K1200LT "SNOB"

IBA 35008

post #18 of 23 Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 6:40 pm

Thumbs up Re: It's Time to Rise & Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by living_free
I had asked a couple days ago if anyone was interested in an RKE this weekend. Well, my brother had gastric bypass surgery yeterday. I spoke with him last night, he was doing great. That changed today. He is bleeding internally and is in ICU. I spoke with his wife this afternoon, he is stable, the doctors think he will be fine, but my plan now is to ride from New Hampshire to Wareham, MA on Sunday to see him. Since the weather is supposed to be nice Sunday, I will take the LT. I told my sister-in-law that it was kind of selfish of me as I was looking for somewhere to ride Sunday anyway.

I am not a religious man, but if you are, I would appreciate prayers for my brother.

Thanks,
Tony

Please pass my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery on to your brother from me.

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #19 of 23 Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 8:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWphreak
Please pass my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery on to your brother from me.

Thank you.

Tony

2006 K1200LT "SNOB"

IBA 35008

post #20 of 23 Old Apr 6th, 2009, 10:42 am

Best wishes to your brother. How is he doing?

Ray "Razman"

post #21 of 23 Old Apr 6th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Rode down to wareham to see him yesterday. I guess Saturday was a little rough, but by yesterday was doing much better. He was planning on going home today or tomorrow.

Thanks for asking.

And on the plus die, got to put over 300 miles on the LT.

Tony

2006 K1200LT "SNOB"

IBA 35008

post #22 of 23 Old Apr 7th, 2009, 8:46 am

Good to hear. Please keep us posted.

Ray "Razman"

post #23 of 23 Old Apr 7th, 2009, 2:21 pm

Talking Re: It's Time to Rise & Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBMW

I didn't get the memo...

been riding almost daily since the second week of March. (unless there was ICE!) 110 miles round trip to work. Low temp was 12 degrees, high has only been in the 50's. good start!

2005 K12LT with 72,000 miles

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
CBCP

I take Life with a grain of salt......and a slice of lime and a shot of Tequila

20 grand & 2K miles don't make you a biker

I COULD TELL THEY WERE BIKERS,
IT SAID "LIVE TO RIDE" ON THEIR TRAILER

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in