July 4th weekend ride - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jul 1st, 2008, 7:59 am Thread Starter

July 4th weekend ride

Hi-

I am thinking of taking a ride with a buddy up North. Traveling after work on Thursday afternoon towards Boston. I guess we can room somewhere there ( Needham area ) and spend some quality time in Maine on Friday.

Accommodations are not reserved and we are thinking of working on fluidic space with our plans. Anyone in the Maine area willing to go for a ride on Friday/Saturday?

We may even venture to Vermont one of those days or part of those days!

We are planning on coming back on Sunday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jul 1st, 2008, 8:51 pm

Re: July 4th weekend ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1201ltc
Hi-

I am thinking of taking a ride with a buddy up North. Traveling after work on Thursday afternoon towards Boston. I guess we can room somewhere there ( Needham area ) and spend some quality time in Maine on Friday.

Accommodations are not reserved and we are thinking of working on fluidic space with our plans. Anyone in the Maine area willing to go for a ride on Friday/Saturday?

We may even venture to Vermont one of those days or part of those days!

We are planning on coming back on Sunday
Hi spiros, My wife and I are going to be riding all weekend. On Friday we are thinking on doing a loop through Farmington and rangly lakes. We are doing a United Bikers of Maine (UBM) contest. We have to find business and areas of interest listed in all counties, from tip to tip. We are doing some this weekend on the coast and in the mountains of Maine. You and your friend are welcome to join us, ride and get to know some of this area. Last time Charlie and the guys came for the european ralley, we went to rangly lakes and loved it. Let us know if you are interested and we can get more details on your trip and time you will be in this area. I am about 3.5 hours from Boston in the mountains of Maine. By the way, how was your test that you had to study and take before the Vermont trip?? We have one room and one extra bed that you and your friend can share if you like and plenty of floor in that room, if you bring a sleeping bag, you guys can fight for the bed . Let me know and you guys are welcome

Gauthama Thompson.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BMW K1200GT 2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic (Atlas)
BMWMOA # 130458

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HD FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2008 Suede Blue & V. Black(hers)
post #3 of 6 Old Jul 1st, 2008, 11:14 pm

Quote:
Sounds like fun. But decide now and get any reservation you still can. Boston area gets nutz around Independence Day. For mile and miles around. No better place to be, 'cept for the Capital Mall.

Happy Birthday, U.S.A.

Happy 25 Years, K bikes!!!

wild bil
07 K1200LT Biarritz Blau
80 Yamaha XS850 Black - retired in 06

post #4 of 6 Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:09 am

We had some great riding in Maine with spinedr. He knows some great roads up there. The Euro bike meet is this month but I won't make it, first time to miss it in 7 years, family stuff going on.

4th of July I'll be around southern Vermont. Let me know if you pass through Vermont, I'd love you hook up with you for a few miles. No time to go to Maine though.
post #5 of 6 Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 5:19 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedr
Hi spiros, My wife and I are going to be riding all weekend. On Friday we are thinking on doing a loop through Farmington and rangly lakes. We are doing a United Bikers of Maine (UBM) contest. We have to find business and areas of interest listed in all counties, from tip to tip. We are doing some this weekend on the coast and in the mountains of Maine. You and your friend are welcome to join us, ride and get to know some of this area. Last time Charlie and the guys came for the european ralley, we went to rangly lakes and loved it. Let us know if you are interested and we can get more details on your trip and time you will be in this area. I am about 3.5 hours from Boston in the mountains of Maine. By the way, how was your test that you had to study and take before the Vermont trip?? We have one room and one extra bed that you and your friend can share if you like and plenty of floor in that room, if you bring a sleeping bag, you guys can fight for the bed . Let me know and you guys are welcome

Gauthama Thompson.
Gauthama-

Thank you very much for the offer. My friend called me last night and he is not going to be able to make it. That being said, the trip is also cancelled automatically.

I may be able to come to Boston to see the friends i was staying with over the weekend... Mother in-law is flying to them from Maryland, so they want me to be present to keep things civil!!!! LOL !!!!

Again, thanks for the offer ! Hope to meet you soon!
post #6 of 6 Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 6:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1201ltc
Gauthama-

Thank you very much for the offer. My friend called me last night and he is not going to be able to make it. That being said, the trip is also cancelled automatically.

I may be able to come to Boston to see the friends i was staying with over the weekend... Mother in-law is flying to them from Maryland, so they want me to be present to keep things civil!!!! LOL !!!!

Again, thanks for the offer ! Hope to meet you soon!
You are welcome and any time Have fun in Boston

BMW K1200GT 2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic (Atlas)
BMWMOA # 130458

HD FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2008 Suede Blue & V. Black(hers)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in