BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Did you ride today?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Tat_n_Telle 
#1 ·
I did. Funky temps this AM. Left the house it was about 41, by the time I got to the valley about a mile away it was 34. By the time I got to the top of the hill again another mile or so it almost 50, everything fogged up on me. It seemed as if the Temp was changing every mile or so. Wish i could have skipped work today. Oh well.

#2 ·
Damn straight! NE PA, could not wait to get the LT on the road. We only had 1k miles on it since we got it in Nov. Got snowed in with the first 11", this is the first since then enough ice was out of the driveway, to get the bike out. Rode 125 miles today, made it down to Allentown, all nice and sunny, roads were nice and dry. Great ride! Temps were really fluctuating this evening, from 60 to mid/upper 40's, with huge changes in just a few hundred yards. A lot of snow on the sides of the roads in Summit Hill / Jim Thorpe area. Get a bit concerned with all the ice melt and areas along the mountain where the sun rarely shines. Hope to get out a few more days before the next cold wave hits. A rare day in January for NE Pa.

:dance:

#3 ·
Ride Today

Yes by all means both Monday and Tuesday. I just got my new 2008 LT on Sat and this week we are having a ball riding this beast. I am a recovering HD guy for several years and I love the ride. I am struggling with the RPM differences in the gearing and using a toe only shifting mechanism. Oh, well the weather is great and if it is ok tomorrow I will be out again. That means the Lady gets a bath every day. WOW.

#6 ·
Went for a short mid day ride to do an errand. I've been on the bike at least once a week all winter so far. Thursday is predicted to be dry and in the mid 40's. Might be a good day to hit the shore area. Need my ocean fix.

#7 ·
Hell, Yeah!

Of course, this post is written on April 18th, when it was 76 degrees or so outside! :)

I've been commuting to work for some time now on the bike, dressed for the morning chill, so today was a real bonus. It was also the first time out on the bike two up, with my beautiful wife Telle along for a short ride to the Vanilla Bean for a 'caramel latte with skim milk and Sweet-n-Low' (her) and a 'coffee and one of those big cinnamon rolls' (me). It was a good excuse to try out the new Nolan N-Com helmets and intercom as well.

The N-Com? Still playing with it a bit, but once we get it set, it seems pretty good with the sound quality. The cinnamon roll? YUMMY!

#8 ·
Generally ride every day except when it's raining. Left the house this morning and it was around 60. Nice and cool ride to the aquarium. Ride home it was in the low 80's....... Course, it's starting to get hot with sever humidity and that's a little uncomfortable. Love the long rides though, once I'm out of the traffic.

Came back from St. Petersburg last night as the moon was rising. Had a nice 10 mile ride across Tampa Bay with little traffic, temp about 71, just about a perfect ride.

#10 ·
lenny said:
what did you have to buy for 2 helmets,,there web-site is a little skeetchy as to what you need,,,and can you hook up the bikes radio into the n-com?
Yeah, it is a bit confusing.
Obviously, you need two N-Com helmets. Both have to have the appropriate "basic" kit, which is the microphone and speaker setup. Fairly easy install, if you don't mind taking half the helmet apart! One helmet (usually the rider) has to be equipped with one of the "intercom" units. We got the hard-wired one vs. the bluetooth. The intercom kit comes with a battery (installs into the basic kit and has an external charge jack), charger, and intercom cable for helmet to helmet connection. It also allows you to plug in a cellphone (optional cable required) or GPS/MP3 player (another optional cable). I imagine you could work up some type of hookup to the bike radio, but we just listen to the MP3 most of the time. It feeds into the riders' helmet, and the passenger hears it as well.
Overall, we are pretty happy with it. Once you get used to using the buttons on the side of the helmet to turn it on/off, adjust volume, mute, etc, it's pretty easy. Just remember to turn it off when you take off the helmet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.