Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Newington, CT, US
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
I survived another Javits Center Bike show. They seemed to spread out
the vendors much better this year. They even opened a third area.
- Meeting Rick Meyer of Rick Meyer saddles
- Seeing the BMW 800GS
- the new blue version of the 1200GS was on display but up on a
pedestal display. Nice color!
- Seeing Shira and Brian from Backroads magazine
- Possibly getting a Trama Beginners and Experienced Rider Course to
be held in Bellport! I'll update you more as I get the details.
- Being out of there by 3pm.
- Victory Crusiers were gorgeous! If I were to get another crusier, a
Jackpot or a Kingpin would be my choice.
- Piaggo MP3 Scooters were very cool to look at! One model was a
- Belstaff had the entire British Motorcycle Gear line on display.
- Kawasaki KLR was a stunner. Much taller than I anticpated. Ditto on
the Vstrom (1100?) and it's bany sister the WeeStrom (600cc)
- KLM was also there but I was too burnt out to check it out- sorry!
- Not as many stunt bike or burnout videos clogging the aisles
- Not sitting on the BMW 800GS. They only brought in ONE 800 GS for
everyone to oogle at. People were standing 7 people deep. I couldn't
get near it to throw my leg over. Come to think of it, I don't
think I saw anyone up on this GS.
- Once again, BMW screwed the loyal fan base. Where every other
dealer brought in 3-4 different versions of the same ride, they
brought ONE of each. That's it. One LT, One GT, One GS, On R, One RS.
- Their clothing line had 3-4 outfits on display- none to try on.
Again, very disappointing. A few years back, they set up a tractor
trailer full of gear. This year, a few products. I believe the host
vendor was Mahattan BMW.
- No update on a LI dealer- I asked one of the mamagers.
- No Aerostitch, Fieldshear or Olympia gear. I saw one vendor that
had some Olympia gloves and a few pair of Fieldshear pants. That's
it. Most of the vendors were the cheap gear and/or leather HD clones.
Icon had a booth and had some sort of fashion show.
- DUCATI Booth waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy to crowded. I'm sure we broke some fire code with cramming too many people into a confined space.
- Paying almost 6 bucks for a Bud Light
- Victory Vision was falling apart from too many poking and prodding
some of the plastic handles.
- Very little in the line of "real" motorcycle gear. Lots of miracle
cleaners, waxes and skanks buy nothing worthwhile.
- No Cyclegadgets or other like electronics vendors. Some neon light
guy was selling Motolights but that's it.
- Only 1.5 hour ride home on the LIE. Not too bad!
I don't know why I get so excited every year for this show. Each
year, I walk away disappointed. Well, at least my friend won tickets
to the Mets at the WFAN booth.
Again, just one man's humble opinion,
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Portland Motorcycle Show?||ErnieA||North West||1||Nov 9th, 2007 1:06 pm|
|International Motorcycle Show This weekend||stevek1200lt||North West||5||Jan 29th, 2007 6:31 pm|
|Vendor question for anyone attending the International Motorcycle Show||Briantime||Bike Talk||9||Jan 25th, 2007 9:42 pm|
|Int Motorcycle Show @ Wash Conv Center||Daveh||Central East||1||Jan 3rd, 2006 4:25 pm|
|San Jose Cycle World Motorcycle Show||DavidTaylor||Chit Chat||5||Dec 18th, 2005 7:13 am|