Heading to Boston from NJ on Saturday... Who wants to join me? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 12:52 pm Thread Starter

Heading to Boston from NJ on Saturday... Who wants to join me?

Hi-

I am planning to go to Boston on Saturday morning 10/27/2007 returning back on Monday 10/29.

I will be leaving Edison NJ ( I hope around 7:30am ) through the following route:

GSP North all the way to NY Thruway ( 87 E )
Pass TappanZee bridge and head to 684 E
Take 84 all the way through CT to Mass. Turnpike
Hit 95 S from there to the Needham exit.

My friend lives in South Roxbury so I am hoping I may be able to see some of you on the road.

I have done this trip many times so I know it takes me about 4.5 hours with one stop for gas ( usually as soon as I get onto the Mass. Turnpike rest stop ).

Please let me know if anyone wants to join me for any part of the ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Oct 26th, 2007, 7:45 am Thread Starter

OK-

So maybe the rain has stopped you from joining part of the way. Its ok... I am hoping though that it will not spoil my trip.

There is one thing that always bothered me while raining .... The neck of the Kilimanjaro jacket that I have is not long enough to tuck under the helmet, so I get rained on a bit. I have tried turtle necks but that does not work either as they get soacked and water ships in through them. I just have to come up with a better idea... And then again there is the fogging of my glasses ......

Another story for another time..... I am confident though that I will not be stopped by the rain....Its until you get to ride the beast.....Its the walk from the comfy/dry house to the parking lot in poring rain that makes you wonder if you should pack ( I do not have a garage ).

Once on the beast after the jitters subside, after the fear of the 1st mile ( slipping in the rain ) goes away, its smooth sailing BABY!!!!!

Watch all the cagers look at you with amazement wondering .... Is this person crazy or what?

LOL!

Thats what its all about my dear friends !!!!!
post #3 of 6 Old Oct 26th, 2007, 8:14 am

Can't make it this weekend but in the future...

Spiros,
I have family in Walpole. I've been meaning to make the trip up one of these weekends. Can't do it this weekend though.
Send me a PM if you plan to do it in the future. Its always nice to have company.
Regards,
Bob

Bob
2003 K1200LT Black
Rockaway, NJ

post #4 of 6 Old Oct 26th, 2007, 8:21 am Thread Starter

Bob-

Will certainly do! I like to visit my friends there maybe once every couple of months. I would certainly be up for an extra trip soon.

I just have to make sure I do not work that weekend and a test is not coming up for school!

Definitely doable!!!!!
post #5 of 6 Old Oct 27th, 2007, 5:28 am Thread Starter

Well,

It is certainly raining in NJ and as predicted i am dreading the fact that I have to load up the bike for the trip. I highly doubt that its going to take me 4.5 hours to get up there with this weather. I think its more like 7 or so with me being very careful.

Have no fear though my friends as this is what daredevils like to do!!!

I will pack my Nikon D70S and I will hit the road...

If you see me out there, please wave !!!!
post #6 of 6 Old Oct 27th, 2007, 5:42 am

Ride into sunshine

Sorry you have to start out in the rain Spiros, that's always discouraging. But the weather will get better as the ride goes on. We'll be out on Sunday for a ride and the Sun will surely be out by then. We are kind of off the Boston - Edison route but you could swing by; in any case the ride home for you is going to be nice weather.
I am sure of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1201ltc
Well,

It is certainly raining in NJ and as predicted i am dreading the fact that I have to load up the bike for the trip. I highly doubt that its going to take me 4.5 hours to get up there with this weather. I think its more like 7 or so with me being very careful.

Have no fear though my friends as this is what daredevils like to do!!!

I will pack my Nikon D70S and I will hit the road...

If you see me out there, please wave !!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in