Weekend Dash into PA - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Sep 6th, 2007, 8:34 pm Thread Starter

Weekend Dash into PA

I'm going to shoot into PA tomorrow afternoon and camp overnight, then meeting up with a few other guys for some group riding Sat. afternoon, then some grilling and chilling at a buddy's hunting cabin. Back to CT on Sunday.
Heading to Galeton, PA for Sat. but overnight location Fri. TBD depending on where I end up tomorrow night. Bringing a Sleeping bag and pad and planning to "rough it" for the night to make an adventure out of it.
Right now I think I'm going to jump off 84 near Newburgh and ride some secondary roads for a while.
So, first of all, anyone want to join in? Cabin sleeps 8 so you may want a tent for Sat. night just in case it fills up.
Secondly, any good suggestions on routes to take to traverse in a general westerly direction?

Kevin

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Sep 6th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Wow, sounds like a good time, wish I could join you...I'm here in Corning, NY ... only a hop, skip and jump away from Galeton, PA.

I don't know about the beginning of your trip, but the sooner you can get to PA Rte 6, you'll enjoy a very nice ride through northern PA. If you come across Rte 17 (Binghamton, NY) west, take Rte 220 South at Sayre PA for about 15 miles to Towanda...then head west on Rte 6 all the way to Galeton. Good road, great scenery....very representative of nice two-lanes in this area.

It's funny, I was just out your way in East Windsor, CT...we'll have to cross paths again!

Alan
post #3 of 4 Old Sep 7th, 2007, 10:44 am Thread Starter

Alan, thanks for your suggestions on the routes, I really appreciate it!
I'm thinking about jumping off 84 in Port Jervis and wandering around for a while. I don't need to make it to Galeton tonight, so I'm going to just have some fun. Sorry you aren't able to join up!
And yeah, definitely the next time you're out this way, drop a line ahead of time and I'll make it a point to try to hook up with you. There's some good riding around once you get away from the traffic in the metro areas.

Thanks again!

Kevin

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)

post #4 of 4 Old Sep 8th, 2007, 8:45 pm

I'd be interested to know how you liked US6 across Northern PA. We rode East on US6 from west of Warren to Scranton on our way back from the CCR. More interesting than I80. Stayed overnight in Wellsboro (just east of Galeton) viewing the Grand Canyon of PA last Wed AM before riding home.

On another subject, we had another truck runaway incident on Avon Mountain this weekend. Did you notice the truck max down hill speed @ 20 MPH on some of the down hill runs into the various towns? I think we need that on Avon Mtn.

Barnett

"The idea is to die young as late as possible"

Barney Rubble (rider); Wilma Flintstone (pillion).
2000LTC CHAMPAGNE, Most prominent color at early CCR's
BMWMOA 89402

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in