Americade '08 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Aug 26th, 2007, 6:07 pm Thread Starter

Americade '08

I know it's a bit early to be thinking about a rally next June, but I'm a bit anal when it comes to trip planning.

I haven't been to Lake George before. I know the Roaring Brook Ranch is the rally HQ, but I'm looking for a lodging option within the village (walking distance from the nightlife). Someplace fairly nice. Pool, restaurant, clean.
Any suggestions?

Joe
2005 BMW K1200LT
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Aug 26th, 2007, 6:45 pm

Smile Americade 2008

Get on google and book your room now. Great event and great riding country.
Night life, night life, I don't need no stinking night life
post #3 of 11 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 8:05 am

The Holiday Inn is the sign-up location. It is pretty busy in the mornings but it is a very nice, clean hotel. Good restaurant for breakfast and a great pool. Nice view of the lake as well. It is on Rt. 9, easy walking distance from the downtown and vendor area.

Brian
Fanwood, NJ
2003 K1200LT Anthracite

"Explain it to me once more: WHY do I have to "Press 1 for English"

post #4 of 11 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 11:30 am

Thumbs down americade

book your rooms early. if you like lots of noise (loud pipes). lots of people, high prices, traffic jams, stand in line for everything. then you'll love americade. last time i went the disfunctional family from orange county choppers was set up in a camp-ground just out side of town. you can guess what kind of a croud that brought in. touring rally my a$$.
post #5 of 11 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Here is how I approach Americade, which I attend about every other year:

I stop in for a few hours every day to the tour expo and to sit on main st and take in the ambiance. Then I ride 200-300 miles EVERY day on the simply fantastic roads in the area. Can you say lunch on the Canadian border?

YMMV

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #6 of 11 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 6:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josmas
I'm looking for a lodging option within the village (walking distance from the nightlife). Someplace fairly nice. Pool, restaurant, clean.
Any suggestions?
I've stayed a few times at the Georgian and a couple of times at the Fort William Henry. I stayed a couple of other times at some less expensive motels off the main area. You can't beat the convenance of the larger hotels. Both probably meet your criteria. Georgian has an underground parking garage to supplement the regular parking. Both are walking distance to town and have restaurants. The parking lot at the Fort William Henry usually does Harley and Yamaha Demos. The Honda Demo team usually stays at the Georgian but work at Roaring Brook.. Georgian hosts a large Blue Knight contingent on Thursday to Saturday so rooms need to be booked early. Like most hotels in Lake George paying the price does not mean you will get a Walt Disney World type room... There will be 25,000 to 35,000 bikes in town at any one time so there is demand. When my wife was going with me regularly, she liked to stay at the Georgian because we could shower and walk to the main night time bike show to see and participate in the casts of characters...

If you have never been it is surely worth the trip. I recommend staying at least Friday and Saturday night. Most hotels/Motels require three night minimum if you want Friday night.

There are lots of restaurants in town but both hotels serve full hotel type breakfasts with cloth napkins. You know upfront that they probably are on the 'pricey' side.

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #7 of 11 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 8:49 pm Thread Starter

Thanks,
The Georgian and the Holiday Inn are both on my list. I also heard the Lido Motel is OK if we wanted to scale back a little.
I'll be traveling with two other couples, so I've presented these three options for their opinions, then I'll call for price and availability...soon!

Joe
2005 BMW K1200LT
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
post #8 of 11 Old Aug 29th, 2007, 7:00 am

Lodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josmas
I know it's a bit early to be thinking about a rally next June, but I'm a bit anal when it comes to trip planning.

I haven't been to Lake George before. I know the Roaring Brook Ranch is the rally HQ, but I'm looking for a lodging option within the village (walking distance from the nightlife). Someplace fairly nice. Pool, restaurant, clean.
Any suggestions?

Joe,

Just go to www.tourexpo.com for a list of lodging.

Jim Schuyler
post #9 of 11 Old Aug 29th, 2007, 7:17 pm

If you fail to plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrown
book your rooms early. if you like lots of noise (loud pipes). lots of people, high prices, traffic jams, stand in line for everything. then you'll love americade. last time i went the disfunctional family from orange county choppers was set up in a camp-ground just out side of town. you can guess what kind of a croud that brought in. touring rally my a$$.
Americade can be overwhelming. It would take a couple of years to go on the guided tours and take in the speakers at RBR. And then the speakers change, the rides change and again you are off on another odyssey.

I have enjoyed the dinner cruises, the rides into the Adirondacks and Vermont. Americade is a Touring Rally, it is not Canada Street, posers, and a dysfunctional family.

The best strategy is to take the extensive guide to all the activities, plan your ride and then ride your plan.
post #10 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2007, 10:00 am

americade

hi new here, i have been working in the area and this hotel is not at walking distance. but is an awsome! place to stay. it is in eastgreenbush N.Y. just off rt-90 at exit 9. and iam told it a nice ride to lake at around 45 mins, and there is a restaurant across the main road with a really nice view from it's deck sun set is really nice! with albany and mountains as back set.
just go to marriot.com and type in eastgreenbush ny.
a bit pricey at 165 a nite but as i said it really nice!! just a thought.
post #11 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2007, 1:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMAC
hi new here, i have been working in the area and this hotel is not at walking distance. but is an awsome! place to stay. it is in eastgreenbush N.Y. just off rt-90 at exit 9. and iam told it a nice ride to lake at around 45 mins, and there is a restaurant across the main road with a really nice view from it's deck sun set is really nice! with albany and mountains as back set.
just go to marriot.com and type in eastgreenbush ny.
a bit pricey at 165 a nite but as i said it really nice!! just a thought.
I'm familiar with the area and your right, very nice place but it is a few hours from Lake George... as you say definitely not walking distance..

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in