Track Day - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old Jul 12th, 2007, 7:52 pm Thread Starter

Track Day

http://www.fishtailridingschool.com/datesandsignup.html

A few of us are signed up for MAX BMW's track day on Monday, 6 August.

If any BBDs or other northeasterners want to join I think there are spaces left.

Read the page at the link here; think of it as required continuing education

http://www.fishtailridingschool.com/ourcurriculum.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Hi Charlie Muchacho That is a good idea but after buying tires and a new wheel I am going to pass the event but my wife and I will try to make it next year event. Maybe you would like to do it again. I m checking my tire pressure every week now (almost) We went to Max's for my tire change and my wife looked in to a R1200R or GS for her but they did not have a lower one for her to try and were not exited on planning to get one for short people or women to try one (my Impression) So she is looking at the 1200 HD low that is 26 inches from the ground. I still trying to find a BMW that has a bike at least 28 inches high but no luck so far. Lets see what happens. I hope to see you at the dinner on Saturday and I do not know what is the plan for Friday of any. Are we doing our own or should try to get the group together for cow or pollo In my house? in a restaurant or till saturday dinner after the ride? My wife is going to Texas that week and I will be free for fiesta jvalny I am planning to be there on Saturday and still do not know about Friday for meeting, food at my house, bar chat, because I am not staying in the Hotel but in my house 30 milles away. I am looking forward to see you all. Lets orginize a plan of BBD's meeting on Friday to make plans and have fun at the event and out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BMW K1200GT 2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic (Atlas)
BMWMOA # 130458

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HD FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2008 Suede Blue & V. Black(hers)
post #3 of 24 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:02 am

Meme

Greetings to Gauthama and Curtis. If we don't get together Friday either at a restaurant or someplace else. I will see you all on Saturday. I will be there with my buddy names James who rides an LT and a Triumph something or other. Will be staying in Rumford Friday and at the Resort on Saturday. Leaving Sunday morning for a scenic ride home through NH and VT. Ride Safe

post #4 of 24 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 8:37 pm

Meme stuff

Hi you BBD's. I'll be up for the weekend, riding with CharlieVT and another friend. Looking forward to catching up with those of you who can make it at the dinner and also Friday night. Have just returned from a weeks trip on bikes to Nova Scotia with CharlieVT and spouse - GREAT riding up there! and northern Maine was excellent. Had my new (to me) K1200 RS, a real rocket I must say. I was going to ride my K75 to Meme, thinking, well I just rode that one all that way, I'll take a different steed to meme....NOT. The RS is's just too much fun to leave in the garage. Looks fast, IS fast! I got it up to 130 on the slab (throttle less than half open) up in New Brunswick and it was beautifully stable and sweet. It leans into turns with great confidence too. I think everyone should have one !
Can we try to figure out a place to meet Friday night or a local ride Saturday? Or maybe trade cell #'s and check in on Friday, see where people want to go for dinner?
Spinedr.....I assume there is cell service up in the sticks?
Later,
Joseph
post #5 of 24 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 8:50 am

MEME Stuff

Nice report Joesph. I plan on being up in the sticks(your words) Friday evening. My cell # is 516-9879667. Spinedr he said sticks first.
post #6 of 24 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 12:06 am

more on meme

jvalny...my cell 802-579-8809. Talk with you Friday hopefully.
post #7 of 24 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 8:18 am
was

Man, I'm dying to get up there to see you guys, and especially to see your new ride, Joseph. Have a great time, and post full reports and pics please.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #8 of 24 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 8:38 am Thread Starter

Meme

The MEME discussion seems to have moved here.
Three of us from the deep south of Vermont will depart for MEME about 9AM Friday morning.
WAS, wish you could make it up for the meet.
Anyone wishing to join us for the Friday ride up give us a shout so we can coordinate the meetup.
There is cell coverage up on the Sunday River ski area at the Jordan Grand Hotel (MEME meet site).
Probably the best place to meet up is at the MEME meet site, that's where other riders congregate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by was
Man, I'm dying to get up there to see you guys, and especially to see your new ride, Joseph. Have a great time, and post full reports and pics please.
post #9 of 24 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 10:45 am

Have fun guys. Wish I could join you but I will be teaching my MC stuff Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week and then My Sister will be in town on Friday, picking her up at the airport. I was thinking maybe a tech session/ride might be in order in either late august or september. What do you guys think?

Be safe in ME and watch out for Moose.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #10 of 24 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 6:26 pm

Ok, Jvalny and friend are going to be staying in Rumford, Charlie, boss and speedy Judin are going to be in SR Hotel On Friday. I can pick Jvalny and friend in my truck (sits 6 good 7 tight) and we can drive to SR to meet with the others and we can go eat to The brewery at SR, good food and beer. I can be the designated driver. There we can talk about the plans for Saturday and Sunday. Any other ideas out there? My wife is out of town and we can meet here at my house if you guys preferred an informal site. We can always do burgers in the grill We need to know ETA of all BBD's for Friday. I am looking forward for the gathering. We have good coverage of Cells in this side of the bunnys. No problems there

BMWMOA # 130458

post #11 of 24 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 8:21 pm

As a lite note My wife just bought a HD Dyna Low Rider, cherry red with lots of shiny Chrome. No loud pipes but real low for her. We have been riding together and she loves it. She wanted a BMW R or RT but did not find a lower one and could not try it first, Max BMW was not accommodating May be next time they will have BMW's for short girls. It is a nice bike and she is happy and that makes me happy

BMWMOA # 130458

post #12 of 24 Old Jul 25th, 2007, 5:32 am Thread Starter

Congrats on the new bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedr
As a lite note My wife just bought a HD Dyna Low Rider, cherry red with lots of shiny Chrome. No loud pipes but real low for her. We have been riding together and she loves it. She wanted a BMW R or RT but did not find a lower one and could not try it first, Max BMW was not accommodating May be next time they will have BMW's for short girls. It is a nice bike and she is happy and that makes me happy
Sounds like a nice bike for her. Happy riding!
post #13 of 24 Old Jul 25th, 2007, 5:44 am Thread Starter

Ride plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedr
Ok, Jvalny and friend are going to be staying in Rumford, Charlie, boss and speedy Judin are going to be in SR Hotel On Friday. I can pick Jvalny and friend in my truck (sits 6 good 7 tight) and we can drive to SR to meet with the others and we can go eat to The brewery at SR, good food and beer. I can be the designated driver. There we can talk about the plans for Saturday and Sunday. Any other ideas out there? My wife is out of town and we can meet here at my house if you guys preferred an informal site. We can always do burgers in the grill We need to know ETA of all BBD's for Friday. I am looking forward for the gathering. We have good coverage of Cells in this side of the bunnys. No problems there
spinedr, Brewery on friday night and your offer to chauffer sound great to me. I expect our group from the deep south of Vermont will arrive at SR around 3PM Friday. Saturday I have a ride planned for some favorite roads and to explore some new ones in NH and ME. We may do the Mt. Washington autoroad early Sat AM if weather permits and there is interest. Saturday evening will be at the Jordan since I am signed up for the dinner there. Sunday will be the ride home. Weather is looking good from here.
post #14 of 24 Old Jul 25th, 2007, 6:10 am

Hope you guys have a great time. Wish I could make it.

Hey, Jim, I would definitely be interested in a ride or tech session in September. Maybe we need to start a new thread to get it going.

Ray

(sorry to hijack the thread)

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #15 of 24 Old Jul 25th, 2007, 6:31 pm

I got the day off from work and will be heading up for track day. Plus I NEED the practice I have not owned a big hp bike for quite some time now. Plus lets see if I can go through a set of tires before the 6k mile oil change

Jim
MSF Rider Coach

Haverhill, MA
66 R50/2
92 R100R
07 Silver KGT
post #16 of 24 Old Jul 25th, 2007, 7:06 pm

spinedr....

Sounds good. CharlieVT and I plan to leave my my house Friday at 08:45, meet up with a Guzzi man on the way, probably be on the road at speed around 09:30 . CharlieVT would have a good idea of our arrival time - he's done this trip before. I bet he will look at this thread and respond. Nice of you to offer to be the cage dd. I imagine you will be taken up on it.
Looking forward to it...
Jose'
post #17 of 24 Old Jul 25th, 2007, 7:45 pm Thread Starter

Est arrival time

Quote:
Originally Posted by yudin
Sounds good. CharlieVT and I plan to leave my my house Friday at 08:45, meet up with a Guzzi man on the way, probably be on the road at speed around 09:30 . CharlieVT would have a good idea of our arrival time - he's done this trip before. I bet he will look at this thread and respond. Nice of you to offer to be the cage dd. I imagine you will be taken up on it.
Looking forward to it...
Jose'
I posted est. arrival time earlier, a couple posts above here, musta missed it. Guessing we'll get to SR around 3PM; give or take 5-6 hours.
post #18 of 24 Old Jul 26th, 2007, 12:11 pm

#29 Today, 11:34 am
jvalny
Member Join Date: Nov 2006

Meme

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad News. Wednesday I joined the DA club and broke a few parts. Fortunately none belonging to my body. So I will be unable to attend the rally in Maine. I do have a room reservation for Saturday evening. Pullout sofa and Murphy Bed. Also two reservations for dinner. Wether I show or not I am being charged the full amount. If interested my cell # is 516 9879667

I hope you are ok. Sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to see you but do what you need to do and will see you next time. I love to hear some more details

BMWMOA # 130458

post #19 of 24 Old Jul 26th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Meme

I was the second bike. We approached an intersection controlled by a stop sigh to go left and a stop sign to go right. We were going to turn left after the full stop. I was behind and to the right.The road at that point was downhill and graded to the right. I was sitting on a new to me Air Hawk seat which raises the seating position approx. 1 1/2 inches. By the time a got my right foot down the angle was too steep for me and as you know the LT is a handfull and down I went, rolling away from the bike. VERY broken mirror and the j-pegs punched a hole underneath the tip over wings. There are some scratches on the saddlebag chrome piece and other parts of the bike. My dealer ordered a new mirror for me since the old one is not rebuildable. Today I feel like a football player on MOnday morning. So that's my story. I will miss the ride and the group.
post #20 of 24 Old Jul 26th, 2007, 5:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalny
I was the second bike. We approached an intersection controlled by a stop sigh to go left and a stop sign to go right. We were going to turn left after the full stop. I was behind and to the right.The road at that point was downhill and graded to the right. I was sitting on a new to me Air Hawk seat which raises the seating position approx. 1 1/2 inches. By the time a got my right foot down the angle was too steep for me and as you know the LT is a handfull and down I went, rolling away from the bike. VERY broken mirror and the j-pegs punched a hole underneath the tip over wings. There are some scratches on the saddlebag chrome piece and other parts of the bike. My dealer ordered a new mirror for me since the old one is not rebuildable. Today I feel like a football player on MOnday morning. So that's my story. I will miss the ride and the group.
Crap senor!!! that is no bueno I am glad to hear that you are ok, and that is what is important!! Take care of your self, I am not staying for the dinner on Saturday because I have to get up early on Sunday to go to Bangor for a action pistol competition. I have to be there by 8 am and I am going to bed early and rested to try to kick some butix
Welcome to DA my friend!! I am a member also

BMWMOA # 130458

post #21 of 24 Old Jul 26th, 2007, 7:13 pm

oh no!

Jerome, sorry to hear of your mishap. At least you are all right, that's the main thing. Take care of yourself. See you some other time.
Joseph
post #22 of 24 Old Jul 26th, 2007, 7:21 pm

oh No

Although I won't be there this weekend Iam sure we will all ride together soon.
post #23 of 24 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 6:10 pm Thread Starter

Wet track day report.

We had a pretty good time at Max BMW track day with Fishtail riding school. They run a good program; I had never done a track day before and am glad I did it. Learned a few things, but darn if the track wasn't wet all day. Track day in the rain, bad luck. We all tried to not let the rain dampen our spirits.
I rode the R90/6, not the KLT; those little tires on the /6 did squirm around a little bit! Whoa!
No LTs on the track today, but quite a variety of bikes.
Nice helpful folks at the school, good lunch, enjoyable time, and plenty of fast riding.
post #24 of 24 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 12:56 pm

Nice report Muchacho!! I am glad that you had a good time. I will try the next one I am surprize that no LT's in the track Well next year may be some of the BBD's there How did Mr. fast motorcycle dental dude did with his new rocket. (the rocket men, he most know Elton J )

BMWMOA # 130458

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in