F86 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 8:04 am Thread Starter
ajs

F86

I felt it best to respond here with a new thread rather than continue in the Ride VT thread because it looks like you have the makings of a good ride organized and I didn't want to detract from that.

Thanks to all who asked, my son is progressing better than expected but he is still faced with a long term of recovery that will include major life style changes.

Getting back to the F86, thanks again to you who responded. The one I saw was in a very unusual place, close to the road and up against some trees on the right side of the lot of what looked like an automotive or equipment store or repair shop. It definitely wasn't an airport. It didn't look like it was mounted like most are, on a pedestal to give the impression it is in flight. It was sitting relatively level and looked like it was just rolled out and parked. The more I think about it I believe it is most likely somewhere along the left side of 27N out of Augusta. If anyone could shed more light on its whereabouts it would be helpful.

We will be through there again sometime and when we do we plan to do 27N again to check it out.

Regards to all,
Austin S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 6:33 pm
was

Thanks for the update, Austin. We're just gonna have to organize a search party for this mysterious F86. Augusta must be an exciting place if fighter jets are parked in parking lots. Maybe the Air National Guard has subcontracted the maintenance of jets over to old-time Maine mechanics as a cost saving measure?
Again, best wishes to your son.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in