Rode to Boston on this past Saturday (9th) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jun 11th, 2007, 8:35 am Thread Starter

Rode to Boston on this past Saturday (9th)

Hi-

I was hoping to see some LT's on my way to Boston and back, but I am not sure I did. Where are all of those CT/NH guys?

I got caught in a bad rainstorm at some points along the Mass Turnpike and a little before at CT closer to the end of 84E.

I was riding in the right lane with the alarms on - could not see any tail lights from the cars in front - but managed to come out safely. There were a lot of riders heading up there this weekend - probably Laconia - but the majority of the people were hauling the bikes on trailers.

Now, why would someone NOT ride the motorcycle? Where is the excitement in riding it at 5mph at a crowded event? I do not understand that, but again, it's just my opinion. With my luck, I will be pulling it on a trailer myself if/when I get married. I sympathize !!!!!

Anyway, I was waving the whole way up, but I did not receive not even a single wave. Needless to say I was pissed at our fellow HD riders ( no offense to the excellent riders of a terrific bike ) but maybe it was the rain/mist that made it unsafe for people to wave.

I came back from the trip yesterday but again everyone was in a rush to get North. Nobody paid any attention to poor old me coming down South.

So I have decided for the short run to wave just to BMW bikes until I get over the trauma I was subjected to this past weekend. I guess I will be fine come this weekend.

That's all folks!

Spiros
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jun 11th, 2007, 9:55 am

Nice ride report, glad you made it ok (thru the rain storm) and look forward to getting a ride in with you soon. Did you get to Americade this year? I was hoping to go this past Saturday, the last day, but didn't make it. Well, ther is alwys next year. Keep in touch.

'07 FLHTCU-POSE .......Black
'02 K1200LT-E ...........Titan Silver-Sold
post #3 of 10 Old Jun 11th, 2007, 1:32 pm

They were at the cade

Spiro,

How have you been? The reason you did not see any KLT's on your way to Boston is that they were all at Americade. The most I've seen in 4 years. I would have to say that I saw at least 2-3 KLT's on every road I was on...any not the same bikes I might add.

Hope to ride with you soon.

post #4 of 10 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 7:57 am Thread Starter

Joe-

Lets get together and ride. Long time no see !!!!!
post #5 of 10 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 7:58 am Thread Starter

John-

Eventhough you have a HD now, would I be able to ride next to you in the same lane? Can we still fit?
post #6 of 10 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 10:12 am

Maybe a July Ride?

I'm booked until the end of the month but open up in July. maybe we can firm up a date later this month? We could have a BBQ at my place.
post #7 of 10 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 10:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1201ltc
John-

Eventhough you have a HD now, would I be able to ride next to you in the same lane? Can we still fit?
Yes anytime Spiros...anytime!

'07 FLHTCU-POSE .......Black
'02 K1200LT-E ...........Titan Silver-Sold
post #8 of 10 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 6:24 pm
was

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeA
Spiro,

. . .The reason you did not see any KLT's on your way to Boston is that they were all at Americade. . . .
Noh. Joe and Spiros, don't tell anyone I told you, but the reason Spiros did not see any CT LT riders that day was because it was raining.

Let us know next time you're gonna be running thru CT, Spiros (and everybody else), we'll be on the lookout and maybe even join up with you for a bit of the ride. (As long as it ain't raining.)

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #9 of 10 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 5:30 pm

Sorry to miss you up here. I was in VT around the Mad River area having a great ride! Skipped work for a couple of days too

Jim
MSF Rider Coach

Haverhill, MA
66 R50/2
92 R100R
07 Silver KGT
post #10 of 10 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 7:07 am

Hey, Jim. I'm headed up to the Mad River Valley this weekend. Can't wait to hit Route 17 over the mountain past Mad River ski area. Also Route 100 on the way home (one of my favorite roads). Staying with friends in the Sugarbush / Mt. Ellen ski area.

Ray

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in