Save a Pup ride on Sunday June 24, 2007 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Jun 9th, 2007, 11:25 pm Thread Starter

Save a Pup ride on Sunday June 24, 2007

Here is a good cause that is close to my heart. If I don't end up going on the VT ride cause I'm enjoying riding the HD too much to give up a weekend on it, I'll be helping out on this ride.
100% of the proceeds go to supporting the shelter and I think they will also be having some of the calendar girls there for signings. It will not be a huge ride like Pappy's Run, but will be a smaller ride - so less sitting around!
Hope some will be able to attend.

http://www.ctsaveapup.org/index.html

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Jun 10th, 2007, 4:04 pm

Let's prevent the problem, not put a band-aid on it

Why don't they raise the money for people to have their pets spayed and neutered?

Just a thought.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old Jun 10th, 2007, 9:04 pm Thread Starter

It's funny you should say that seeing as you're writing from GA. In case you don't know, there are over 300,000+ labs brought into New England each year from the Southern states for adoption. Labs. Not dogs. Labs. The total number is much higher. Please reference the "why labs need rescuing" section for more information: http://labs4rescue.com/ And this is not even mentioning the 8 to 10 MILLION pets euthanized each year in the United States.

But thanks for the helpful suggestion and the insight. Now if there is anyone who actually has anything useful to say, please feel free. Otherwise why bother?

post #4 of 13 Old Jun 11th, 2007, 6:27 am

Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
It's funny you should say that seeing as you're writing from GA. In case you don't know, there are over 300,000+ labs brought into New England each year from the Southern states for adoption. Labs. Not dogs. Labs. The total number is much higher. Please reference the "why labs need rescuing" section for more information: http://labs4rescue.com/ And this is not even mentioning the 8 to 10 MILLION pets euthanized each year in the United States.

But thanks for the helpful suggestion and the insight. Now if there is anyone who actually has anything useful to say, please feel free. Otherwise why bother?

More dogs and cats should be euthanized! Why, becasuse there are too many of the varments running around being a nuisance! Our local animal shelter bitches about the cost of keeping these "unwanted" animals. Why do we have too many animals (dogs and cats) in shelters (and these are the ones that are caught), IT'S BECAUSE OF IRRESPONSIBLE pet owners.

SO, IF YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THESE FOUR-LEGGES CRITTERS, GO EDUCATE THE IDIOTS WHO JUST THINK THAT THEY HAVE TO HAVE A DOG OR CAT!

Hey, don't be a part of the problem, be the solution!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #5 of 13 Old Jun 11th, 2007, 8:10 am Thread Starter

Look. How you've been able to take a thread that is an invitation for a ride to benefit a good cause and turn it into you're private little war is beyond me.

It's spelled out within the mission statement for CT save a Pup:
"MISSION STATEMENT
TO PROVIDE A HEALTHY, LOVING AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR HOMELESS DOGS TO PLACE THEM WITH LIFELONG COMMITTED & LOVING FAMILIES
WHILE EDUCATING THE PUBLIC ABOUT RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERSHIP AND THE IMPORTANCE OF SPAY/NEUTERING."

So. What the hell is your problem anyway?

If you don't have anything constructive to add, and since obviously you're not going to attend the charity ride, why bother? As the saying goes "mean people suck".

post #6 of 13 Old Jun 11th, 2007, 9:22 am

Hey now. Lets not get nasty. The way I look at it is their lose is our gain, Kevin. As you know Kevin, Labs4rescue is my favorite dog RESCUE charity. They neuter/spay every dog before it goes to the forever family. As you know I SAVED a great lab from being KILLED from Louisiana that was an owner surrender. These little guys have even less time to find new homes. And when you meet Charlie you will wonder why anybody would think about killing him. BTW, I used the word killing on purpose. Kev, if I was not going to VT I would ride the dog ride!

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #7 of 13 Old Jun 11th, 2007, 11:19 pm

Save A Pup Ride

Should be an interesing breakfast at the Diner Sat. morning
post #8 of 13 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 6:20 am

Apology offered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzyellodog
Hey now. Lets not get nasty. The way I look at it is their lose is our gain, Kevin. As you know Kevin, Labs4rescue is my favorite dog RESCUE charity. They neuter/spay every dog before it goes to the forever family. As you know I SAVED a great lab from being KILLED from Louisiana that was an owner surrender. These little guys have even less time to find new homes. And when you meet Charlie you will wonder why anybody would think about killing him. BTW, I used the word killing on purpose. Kev, if I was not going to VT I would ride the dog ride!
Apology accepted.

I told Kevin that I agree with him in that "it REALLY is the POEPLE who own pets" that @#% me off with their barking dogs and the over-population that roaming dogs and cats cause; hence causing the burdening population of unwanted dogs and cats.

It is good to see this group try to educate folks that dogs and cats are REPSONSIBILITIES and that the spaying and neutering is a good thing.

Y'all raise some funds and have a good ride!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #9 of 13 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 6:36 am

Wink

Kevin,

You really need to hide some of your buttons, man. Chill... I know this is dear to your heart, but I think you guys are on the same side here... just a little communication problem. And, you know me... Mr. compassion!

Best of luck with your efforts!

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #10 of 13 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 9:37 am

Kevin, does not have any buttons. He is just one big button. kevin is very passionate about things. So i have leanred not to talk politics with him.

Everybody have a great day. And ride safe no matter what cause you are riding for.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #11 of 13 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 10:24 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzyellodog
just one big button
LMAO!!! I haven't heard myself described that way before, but you have a point.

Awww it's not that bad, you can talk with me about stuff... in my defense, I do try to see the other side of things, so even though I have my own (very strong) opinions, I am always at least willing to listen to the other side of things. And you can even ask the ol' SO, sometimes I'll even admit when I am wrong..... sometimes......(OK so it happened once 6 years ago.. but hey! When you're wrong you're wrong dammit! ) Plus the one thing I really don't do is judge someone as a person because of their stance on issues, so even though I may not agree, I won't pull the rear drive fluid out of your bike or anything.....Well, maybe yours Gerard.. .but not most people....

post #12 of 13 Old Jun 13th, 2007, 6:13 am

Kevin,
I think your signature lines tell the story. How could anyone that owns a Daytona, an LT and a Harley, NOT be open minded?!

I looked up the model Harley you got and it looks pretty "old school".. does yours have the whitewalls? Hope you are having fun on it!

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #13 of 13 Old Jun 13th, 2007, 8:15 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWphreak
Kevin,
I think your signature lines tell the story. How could anyone that owns a Daytona, an LT and a Harley, NOT be open minded?!
LOL! You should see some of the women I've dated if you want to see "open minded"......... Present spousal unit excluded of course......

Yeah, it's got the whitewalls and miles of chrome, I put on a windshield and soon will be the highway pegs, I'm REALLY enjoying it so far, the new engine/tranny combo is an awesome real-world powerplant - put it in 4th and GO.....It's got the stock pipes on it, which are louder than I would like, but not ridiculous - It's not an LT and that's what I like, I have the less comfortable but more airflow HD, and the full boat touring bike for the longer trips (If I can ever get it finally running correctly again that is ) The only thing I will be working on is getting better suspension (seems to be a theme with me for some reason ) and hopefully some more cornering clearance... I'm not used to having to worry about touching down hardparts while I'm UNDER the speedlimit..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in