New Ride at the Dealer.... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Apr 5th, 2007, 8:41 am Thread Starter

New Ride at the Dealer....

Got the call last Friday, my FLHTCU - POSE arrived at the dealer a few days ahead of schedule. I rode over on Saturday and checked it out, very nice in Black with blue and silver pin striping. I will be picking it up tomorrow and will have the accessories I added put on at the 1000 mile service. Although I miss my LT since selling it, I look forward to getting back on the H-D. I will post a ride report after I have a few miles on the odometer.

My 5 years on the LT were very enjoyable, especially due to the folks I met here, Spiros, Jay, Davie, Joe, Patrick and the northeast gang. I hope to contuniue making rides with the Northeasters, we are fortunate to live in a great part of this great country.

I would also like to give credit to the best BMW dealer in the country, probably the world, Cross Country BMW in Metuchen, NJ. I bought my LT while living in Queens from a local dealer, but found CCBMW while looking for an authorized BMW apparel dealer. None were available in NY, except the factory store. After my first visit, meeting Scott, Brian and the owners Dan & Lois, I never looked back. I would drive 53 miles one way from Qns for all my BMW needs, whether service or accessories, rather than return to the worst (and only0 two dealers on LI. BTW, they are no longer in business.

I've learned "Never to say Never" so, you might find me back on a beemer in the future. I do hope BMWNA straightens out their act and expands their dealer network. They really need to make some serious changes if they intend on staying in the motorcycle business IMHO.

'07 FLHTCU-POSE .......Black
'02 K1200LT-E ...........Titan Silver-Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Apr 5th, 2007, 5:04 pm
was

Thumbs up Way to go!

You must be psyched. Probably won't sleep tonight. See if the dealer will open early for you tomorrow . Keep us up to date on the new ride, OK?

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #3 of 5 Old Apr 5th, 2007, 8:58 pm Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I'll post a report soon.

post #4 of 5 Old Apr 9th, 2007, 12:42 pm
egs

John,

Contrats on the new ride! Guess it's finally time to update your profile (wouldn't want to make the new ride jealous by leaving the LT ). Be sure to post a picture once you get your paws on it.

Been really enjoying your former bike, especially those heated grips and seats these last couple weeks! What a HUGE difference from my 1200 G'Wing. Mary and I are currently planning longer trips to NC and NH once the weather breaks for good. She really likes having music and the com system. Now she can criticize my driving without shouting
post #5 of 5 Old Apr 10th, 2007, 5:24 am Thread Starter

Mo and I are so glad you guys are enjoying the LT. BTW, I found a case for the Garmin GPS. Are you going to CCBMW's open house this Saturday? Let me know and I'll bring it, otherwise I'll mail it to you.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in