Ride VT June 23-24 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 153 Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:43 am Thread Starter

Ride VT June 23-24

The "Mainers" thread was getting so deep I was getting lost in there.
Speaking of getting lost , this thread is for discussing plans for a guided ride in VT on the weekend of June 23-24.

Here are my thoughts so far:
We meet at Chelsea Royale Diner in West Brattleboro, VT on Sat morning.
http://www.chelsearoyaldiner.com/
The diner is located on VT route 9 a few miles west of I-91 exit 2.
We will depart from the diner at 9 AM.
Hiromi and I will be at the diner for breakfast around 8 AM. This is a down-home diner which is filled with locals Sat and Sun mornings; you can expect to wait for a booth or a seat at the counter, point being don't be late if you want breakfast.
If you can make it up to VT on Friday night, here's a place to stay just a couple of miles from the diner:
http://www.dalemschalet.com/

The route: I expect to spend Sat morning meandering southern VT on some of my favorite roads. Extreme rural, maybe a short stretch of dirt road, maybe dipping south into MA a little. Then head north on rte 100.
Where we end up on Sat night depends on riding styles, tolerance for long stretches in the saddle, etc. We could probably do "the notches" off rte 100 on Sat and find ourselves near Stowe at days end. Then on Sunday would could do Smuggler's Notch and even get up to northern VT and the Northeast Kingdom.

In VT you're never really very far from the interstates 91 and 89, so folks can hit the highway on Sun for the ride home whenever it seems the right time for them.

Here are a couple of options for Sat night, one in Killington Vt the other further north in Stowe:

http://www.greybonnetinn.com/content/home/

http://www.trappfamily.com/

I will have a list of options for Sat night and select on the basis of where we end up when we are tired of riding. I am thinking of some place kind of nice with on site dining. However, a motel would work too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 153 Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 8:59 pm
was

Sounds great, Charlie. Count me in.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #3 of 153 Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 9:15 pm

Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by was
Sounds great, Charlie. Count me in.
ME TOO! Looking foward to it.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 153 Old May 23rd, 2007, 9:33 pm Thread Starter

Still interested?

For those still interested, this ride is still on as planned.
post #5 of 153 Old May 24th, 2007, 10:24 am

Very Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVT
For those still interested, this ride is still on as planned.

Looking forward to it. My wife will not be going however.

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #6 of 153 Old May 24th, 2007, 10:24 am

Bill,

Are planning on heading up on Friday? If so do you want to ride up togehter?

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #7 of 153 Old May 24th, 2007, 11:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzyellodog
Looking forward to it. My wife will not be going however.
YESYESYES ME TOO NO WIFE, BUSY ME READY

BMW K1200GT 2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic (Atlas)
BMWMOA # 130458

HD FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2008 Suede Blue & V. Black(hers)
post #8 of 153 Old May 24th, 2007, 7:44 pm

I could be in as well...

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #9 of 153 Old May 25th, 2007, 6:44 am

We won't be able to make it. Our son is coming in from AZ, so our plans have changed. Have a great ride. We'll be up in that area (Waitsfield/Stowe) the following weekend.

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #10 of 153 Old May 25th, 2007, 9:51 am

IF my LT is actually out of the shop by then, I'm planning to come up for at least a portion of the weekend. Hope the weather is as nice as it is today!

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #11 of 153 Old May 25th, 2007, 10:38 am

What you wont ride the new HD?

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #12 of 153 Old May 25th, 2007, 11:00 am

I wasn't going to as I figured you guys might be offended by my HUGE smile that won't come off....... LOL! But if y'all don't mind I think I will!

post #13 of 153 Old May 25th, 2007, 12:29 pm

with your luck with the LT this year you might be better off the /7

I do not care I know you are truely an LT guy at heart and only bought the Harly to pick up biker chicks.

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #14 of 153 Old May 25th, 2007, 9:51 pm Thread Starter

bikes n' stuff

Quote:
What you wont ride the new HD?
While this is intended to be primarily a KLT ride, any bike is welcome EXCEPT those with loud pipes. Loud, aftermarket exhausts won't be welcome.
Thanks.
This will be a fun, sporty ride, not a leisurely cruise. Twisty back roads, and scenic sweepers. A nice variety of roads you wouldn't likely get on if you're just passing through.
There will be short stretches of dirt roads and some segments where the road surface is a little rough, but those are just for getting to most of the roads which will have good surface.
It's going to be a great weekend, looking forward to it.
post #15 of 153 Old May 26th, 2007, 10:23 am

Gee Charlie, I didn't realize you were such a snob!
Don't worry, I'm planning to ride the LT - "IF" - it will stay running that is.......
Got it home last night and rode a few miles on it.... feels great to be back in the wind! There's no way I'm taking the new bike on any dirt roads for a while.
I'm going to sell the R100/7 ASAP if anyone is interested. It's R.O.U.G.H. but it is pretty much complete, I bought it as a project bike that I can't spend time on with my new job.

post #16 of 153 Old May 26th, 2007, 9:00 pm
was

Quote:
Bill,

Are planning on heading up on Friday? If so do you want to ride up togehter?
Sorry to be so long in responding, Jim. I had a situation that I thought was going to take me out of the ride, but all is well. Yes, I'm going up Friday and yes, I'd love to ride up together. My schedule is very flexible, so decide on a time and a place to meet that fits your schedule and I can accomodate.
I think I'm going to stay at some chain motel Friday nite and try to hit the diner at 8:00 or earlier to get breakfast.
Gerard, you in? Want to ride up with us Friday?

Bill
Guilford, CT
post #17 of 153 Old May 26th, 2007, 11:48 pm

Sounds Great Bill. I was thinking about maybe camping that weekend but still have not made up my mind not knowing exactly where we may be. So I will probably rough it with the Hotels as well.

I was thinking about leaving like 3 ish or later. Gerard and Kevin what are your plans?

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #18 of 153 Old May 27th, 2007, 10:02 am

I'll try to coordinate my schedule to meet up, so just let me know.
I'm not 100% committed yet since I'll be going alone, I may need to stay close to home.

post #19 of 153 Old May 28th, 2007, 7:37 am Thread Starter

Campers?

Quote:
.... I was thinking about maybe camping that weekend but still have not made up my mind not knowing exactly where we may be. So I will probably rough it with the Hotels as well.

How many campers in this group? We could figure out how to accomodate the camping contigent by finding camping and hotel not too far apart. If you want to camp either Friday or Sat night reply to this message. I'll post local campground info for Friday and try to coordinate the ride so we land somewhere near a campground on Sat.

We used to be die-hard campers and never stayed in hotels unless the weather drove us inside so that's a reasonable option for us. If all participants in the ride are campers we could do it that way.

On the other hand, we want to accomodate everyone so non-campers should have no fear, there will be a hotel.
post #20 of 153 Old May 28th, 2007, 8:30 am

if there is room I would like to join the ride.
Jay & Bill I also would be like to head up on Friday. I don't mind camping but generally when in the saddle all day I prefer to spend the night in one of the economy motels for convience (no setup and take down).

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
post #21 of 153 Old May 28th, 2007, 10:32 am Thread Starter

Join the ride. Wives/women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredR
Jay & Bill I also would be like to head up on Friday. I don't mind camping but generally when in the saddle all day I prefer to spend the night in one of the economy motels for convience (no setup and take down).
Yes, Join the ride Fred. Plenty of econo hotels around.

Any wives or female companions making this trip? Hiromi plans on riding with me, and she'd be happy to have other women along.
post #22 of 153 Old May 28th, 2007, 3:02 pm
was

Quote:
How many campers in this group? We could figure out how to accomodate the camping contigent by finding camping and hotel not too far apart. If you want to camp either Friday or Sat night reply to this message. I'll post local campground info for Friday and try to coordinate the ride so we land somewhere near a campground on Sat.
Charlie, I'd like to camp on Saturday night, depending on the weather. (I used to be a hard core camper too, until my old bones decided that comfort and enjoyment were more important than braggin rights.) However, if no one else is looking to camp Sat. night, don't worry about getting us near a camping spot; I'll get plenty of camping in the next week.

Quote:
Fred, it would be great to have you join us on the ride up on Friday. Keep an eye out in this thread as we coordinate a meeting place and time. Jim was thinking about 3:00 or 3:30 ish. How does that work for you? We can always push the time back some.

Bill
Guilford, CT
post #23 of 153 Old May 28th, 2007, 5:13 pm

Hi, I am riding on friday also but from the opposite direction. I still have not met or heard from any Mainers. I guess they are all fishing , I do not have camping stuff since my wife thinks that camping comes with room service She is not coming with me, I am coming solo because she has a class that weekend but I am for economy Hotel. Just let me know were and if we need to make reservations. Just a place to take a shower and rest the old bones. I am looking forward to this trip and get to meet you bunch. Fred welcome and looking forward to meet you

BMWMOA # 130458

post #24 of 153 Old May 29th, 2007, 8:53 am

Hi Bill. I am retired so anytime will work for me, i just need time to get the dog into the kennel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by was
Charlie, I'd like to camp on Saturday night, depending on the weather. (I used to be a hard core camper too, until my old bones decided that comfort and enjoyment were more important than braggin rights.) However, if no one else is looking to camp Sat. night, don't worry about getting us near a camping spot; I'll get plenty of camping in the next week.

Fred, it would be great to have you join us on the ride up on Friday. Keep an eye out in this thread as we coordinate a meeting place and time. Jim was thinking about 3:00 or 3:30 ish. How does that work for you? We can always push the time back some.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
post #25 of 153 Old May 29th, 2007, 10:25 am

Now that I think about the camping thing maybe it would be best just to stay in a hotel with a restarant or something like that. But I am flexible.

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #26 of 153 Old May 31st, 2007, 10:32 am Thread Starter

Saturday Night Lodging

I have made arrangements for a group discount at the Grey Bonnet Inn. This place is located right on Rte. 100 in the central part of the state. Nice place, and a cheaper room with the group discount is probably comparable to most of the econo hotels and this place is nicer.

We will be staying at:
http://www.greybonnetinn.com/content/home/

Info from them: The Grey Bonnet Inn has 41 rooms and presents itself beautifully with spacious common areas. The indoor heated pool, sauna and hot tub are the focal point for soothing the muscles after an aggressive day of outdoor activity. Continue your experience by sampling a local brew in the pub with your friends and family or enjoying dinner in Olivia's under the watchful eye of Chef Damon. For a one night stay, double occupancy rates, are $75, $89, & $99 nightly. This includes a full breakfast and use of all amenities of the Inn.

Call them at 800.342.2086 or 802.775.2537 with your Visa or Mastercard to make your reservation. Tell them you are making reservations for Sat, June 23 and you are part of the "BMW K1200LT group. You will get an additional 10% discount as part of our group.

Last edited by CharlieVT; May 31st, 2007 at 11:37 am.
post #27 of 153 Old May 31st, 2007, 12:02 pm Thread Starter

Friday Night Lodging

Folks arriving in southern Vermont on Friday have lots of options for Friday night stay.

Here's a list which includes some of the major hotel chains: http://deals.hotels.com/hotels-vermo...s-brattleboro/

http://www.dalemschalet.com/ is kind of nice and located in West Brattleboro just a couple of miles from the Sat morning meeting place: http://www.chelsearoyaldiner.com/

Another family run hotel is The Molly Stark Hotel which is just down the road (west on rte 9) from the morning meeting place. http://www.travelhero.com/prophome.c...ons/index.html
post #28 of 153 Old May 31st, 2007, 12:55 pm

For those of us coming up on Friday I can reserve some rooms at one hotel for us. Or I can pick a hotel, within some specific parameters. IE room rate <80/night, Restaurant attached with Bar, within a couple of miles of the meeting location, etc.

I reserved my room for Sat today. I went with the King and AC room 100/night. with discount. I like the fact that they have pool and hot tub. After a long day of riding it might be needed.

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #29 of 153 Old May 31st, 2007, 3:14 pm

Jim
If you want to do it. Please. A room w/bed/shower & AC. a pool is not necessary. Not fussy about price. I didn't realize we had picked a place for Sat night.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
post #30 of 153 Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 8:59 pm

I'm out. Sorry guys, just too much travel going on!

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
post #31 of 153 Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 9:39 pm

Red face Doh

Hey guys I may be out as well. I lowsided today and screwed my ankle up pretty good. Time will tell. The bike is ok just alot friction damage. I was in a parking lot practicing some maneuvers when I caught something and the mighty beast came tumbling down. As I am sliding trying get away from her my ankle got caught and twisted up pretty good. I was able right her with the help of a guy who was watching a softball game. I was also able, Just barely, to ride her home. Shifting was a problem. Funny thing is it happened prior to me teaching a class today of new riders. I grinned and bared the pain until 6 Pm and then headed home and off to the ER. I hope it is just a bad sprain and I will be able to join you all for the planned ride. We will see. I will post pictures of the bike tomorrow.Like i said no real damage just a few scars.

Jim

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #32 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 5:58 am Thread Starter

Ouch, sorry..

Jeez Jim,
Too bad. I hope it heals quickly.
I crushed my ankle riding the Honda CB550 between the bike and a guard rail last year, it did interfere with riding for several weeks.
Your's will heal faster, I promise
Glad it wasn't worse, and hope you can still make it up here for the ride.
Curtis

Quote:
Hey guys I may be out as well. I lowsided today and screwed my ankle up pretty good. Time will tell. The bike is ok just alot friction damage. I was in a parking lot practicing some maneuvers when I caught something and the mighty beast came tumbling down. As I am sliding trying get away from her my ankle got caught and twisted up pretty good. I was able right her with the help of a guy who was watching a softball game. I was also able, Just barely, to ride her home. Shifting was a problem. Funny thing is it happened prior to me teaching a class today of new riders. I grinned and bared the pain until 6 Pm and then headed home and off to the ER. I hope it is just a bad sprain and I will be able to join you all for the planned ride. We will see. I will post pictures of the bike tomorrow.Like i said no real damage just a few scars.

Jim

Last edited by CharlieVT; Jun 3rd, 2007 at 9:57 am.
post #33 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 6:14 am Thread Starter

The road from Maine

Gauthama,

I know some nice roads between Rumford, ME and here. I attend the Maine European Motorcycle Enthusiasts gathering in Bethel every year and have explored the roads between here and there. If you want to take a slightly slower, more scenic route I'll make some suggestions. But then, even the "faster" routes are nice riding.

Can I do anything to help you with accomodations for Friday?

From your profile: "Born in Guatemala, raised in Monterrey Mexico, family in Texas and from Texas." And you landed in/near Mexico, Maine? Maybe there's a story in there, looking forward to hearing it. Or is that just coincidence?

Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedr
Hi, I am riding on friday also but from the opposite direction. I still have not met or heard from any Mainers. I guess they are all fishing , I do not have camping stuff since my wife thinks that camping comes with room service She is not coming with me, I am coming solo because she has a class that weekend but I am for economy Hotel. Just let me know were and if we need to make reservations. Just a place to take a shower and rest the old bones. I am looking forward to this trip and get to meet you bunch. Fred welcome and looking forward to meet you
post #34 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 6:19 am Thread Starter

Say it isn't true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWphreak
I'm out. Sorry guys, just too much travel going on!
Too bad, I was looking forward to you making the ride. It is shaping up to be a good group.

Change you mind anytime. It is off season at the Gray Bonnet and they are sure to have a room if you decide to come after all. And there will always be room on the road

Curtis
post #35 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 6:32 am Thread Starter

Friday night hotel

Quote:
Jim
If you want to do it. Please. A room w/bed/shower & AC. a pool is not necessary. Not fussy about price. I didn't realize we had picked a place for Sat night.
Fred,
With Jim now in the questionable department, you want any help selecting a place to stay in the area on Friday?
I did pick the place for Sat night for the group, but there are many more options for Friday night and I thought if you guys rode up together you'd find a place to stay together. Let me know if there's anything more I can do.
Looking forward to the ride.
Curtis
post #36 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 6:37 am Thread Starter

Other bikes and dirt roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
Gee Charlie, I didn't realize you were such a snob!
Don't worry, I'm planning to ride the LT - "IF" - it will stay running that is.......
Got it home last night and rode a few miles on it.... feels great to be back in the wind! There's no way I'm taking the new bike on any dirt roads for a while.
I'm going to sell the R100/7 ASAP if anyone is interested. It's R.O.U.G.H. but it is pretty much complete, I bought it as a project bike that I can't spend time on with my new job.
There maybe a Moto Guzzi and a BMW K75 along on for all or some of the ride. The dirt roads we will ride will be few and short. These are generally "hard pack" not gravel, and not a whole lot different from pavement. This should not be a deterrent for any rider or any bike.
post #37 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 7:52 am

Quote:

Jim
Jim what a luck Make sure you R.I.C.E your ankle for quick recovery, and hope you can make the trip. R= Rest I= ICE (20m on 30 off all day) C= compression ( brace or tape an air cast is good if compressing in the right place, hope they give you one in the hospital) E= Elevation Keep it high and try to use crotches if have any to heal it faster. PT will help with electrical stim to speed healing. If you decide to come and need some tape let me know I can bring some with me or I can send you some if you want but you need some one to put it on. I have plenty of tape because I volunteer with the HS football team. Get well soon and hope is not serious and you can make it.

Charlie I was thinking on taking my time through NH and VT. If you have suggestions I love to hear them. I am off on Friday and have time. Question: I have 6200 miles in my LT and need the 6000 service. I call Max BMW and the next time they can see me is in July 13th Friday. I am going with you this month and to NY July 4th week for a tour to see Orange county Bikers shop. I could put 1000 to 1500 miles before the service in July, I do not know if I should change the oil at least now or just wait till July 13th. I do not want to hurt my baby any suggestions

If you know of a Hotel for Friday for all to stay would be nice. Let me know

BMWMOA # 130458

post #38 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 9:59 am

Curtis
I am in Grey Bonnet for Sat night. I was asked if we were planning on eating dinner there Sat and how many people do we expect. I could not answer that and got the impression dinner might be a guess for them. Perhaps a telephone call with possible numbers could help them help us. I will work out something for Friday night.

Gauthama
The 6000 svc on the LT amounts to an engine and rear end fluid change. I believe they check error codes and some other minor things also. I would change the oil/filter in the engine and drain and refill the rear end and then when you return from your trip have them perform the 6K less the fluids/filter that you did.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
post #39 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:12 am

Thanks I am hoping by three weeks time things will be good for a ride. I canceled my business trip this week so i will not have to run through airports and the like. The ankle is still pretty painful this am and still very swollen. Hoping to ride!

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #40 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:11 pm Thread Starter

Service, routes, and hotels

Bike maintenance: We could do an oil/filter change for you bike at my place on Friday night. Trying to do the whole 6K service would be a bit much, Friday is a work day for me and then Sat AM ride departure. But if you want fresh crankcase oil before you put too many more miles on that'd be easy to get done. Let me know and I'll have your preferred oil on site. I have a couple of K bike oil filters "in stock".

Routes: Here's a suggeston: Take ME rte 2 west to Gilead, then 113 south to Fryeburg. Continue to Conway and then the Kangamagus (112) to Lincoln. Stay on 112 out of Lincoln until 118 bears off to the left. Take 118 to 25 and then take 25A. From 25A to 10 south to West Lebanon. 12A south out of West Lebanon. Follow 12A until you get to near Windsor, Vermont. Cross the Connecticut River using the covered bridge at Windsor from 12A and pick up VT rte 5 south. Follow 5 south to Brattleboro.

Hotels: For Friday night this might be okay for you. If you want air conditioning I think you should specify. The place was hand built by a WWII vet, and is run by his German born widow. We have had family members stay there in the past for family renunions and they seemed happy with it.
http://www.dalemschalet.com/Business/Lodge/lodge.htm
http://www.dalemschalet.com/Business/Lodge/rates.htm
There are lots of other options, chain type hotels along the interstate exits (Exits 1,2, and 3 off I-91).

Quote:
Jim what a luck Make sure you R.I.C.E your ankle for quick recovery, and hope you can make the trip. R= Rest I= ICE (20m on 30 off all day) C= compression ( brace or tape an air cast is good if compressing in the right place, hope they give you one in the hospital) E= Elevation Keep it high and try to use crotches if have any to heal it faster. PT will help with electrical stim to speed healing. If you decide to come and need some tape let me know I can bring some with me or I can send you some if you want but you need some one to put it on. I have plenty of tape because I volunteer with the HS football team. Get well soon and hope is not serious and you can make it.

Charlie I was thinking on taking my time through NH and VT. If you have suggestions I love to hear them. I am off on Friday and have time. Question: I have 6200 miles in my LT and need the 6000 service. I call Max BMW and the next time they can see me is in July 13th Friday. I am going with you this month and to NY July 4th week for a tour to see Orange county Bikers shop. I could put 1000 to 1500 miles before the service in July, I do not know if I should change the oil at least now or just wait till July 13th. I do not want to hurt my baby any suggestions

If you know of a Hotel for Friday for all to stay would be nice. Let me know
post #41 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:21 pm Thread Starter

Dinner at Grey Bonnet

Chief,
This is off season for Grey Bonnet. They do not have a full time chef but have one on call if they have enough guests who indicate they want dinner there. I have eaten there before and the food was good. My plan was to get back to them after we had a head count for how many wanted to eat dinner there. I say we plan on eating there and see what they come up with.
What say you all?

Guathama,
We can do a final drive lube change as well as crankcase oil on Friday night. I honestly don't remember all that is involved in the 6K, but as long as we don't have to take off plastic, remove the fuel tank, etc. we can easily get it done.

Quote:
Curtis
I am in Grey Bonnet for Sat night. I was asked if we were planning on eating dinner there Sat and how many people do we expect. I could not answer that and got the impression dinner might be a guess for them. Perhaps a telephone call with possible numbers could help them help us. I will work out something for Friday night.

Gauthama
The 6000 svc on the LT amounts to an engine and rear end fluid change. I believe they check error codes and some other minor things also. I would change the oil/filter in the engine and drain and refill the rear end and then when you return from your trip have them perform the 6K less the fluids/filter that you did.
post #42 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 1:02 pm

I would be willing to eat there.

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #43 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 2:29 pm Thread Starter

Willing and able?

Quote:
I would be willing to eat there.
Well then, you just darn better be healed and able to ride.

RTE. I kept seeing "RTE" in the local club upcoming events. I didn't know what it meant; now I think it means Ride To Eat.

BTW, even if we don't eat at the Grey Bonnet (which I think we will) I have been assured that there is someone tending bar. So for you "consumers", we will be able to enjoy spirits at Grey Bonnet in any case. (One of my hotel requirements, since I won't "consume" and ride).
post #44 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 4:35 pm
was

Yikes!

OK, I don't check in for like 2 days and suddenly there are 2 new PAGES of posts with accident reports, personal injuries, route recommendations, group reservations, and PLANS! You all have been busy beavers.

Curtis (I gotta get used to writing that, apologies for assuming that your name was Charlie), you have done a magnificent job in arranging all the logistics. Jim, if you can't ride because you can't shift we'll get her started in 3rd gear, you won't have to shift all the way up to Vermont! Pics, please. (Of the FOOT as well as the bike.) Or you can ride pillion and I'll tell everybody that you are my instructor, I'm getting ready to solo. Or you can put on a pair of Draggin' Jeans and I'll tow you up.

I'm registered at the Molly Stark Motel for Friday night, and the Dubonnet, uh, I mean Gray Bonnett for Saturday. Anyone who want to join me at the Molly Stark feel free, $55 for the night and the guy who runs the place said that if no one was at the registration desk when I arrived my room would be unlocked with the key inside. Sounds very laid back. I love Vermont.

Jim, Fred, Ray, and anyone else heading north, where and when do you want to join up? One possibility, assuming that Ray is coming east on 84, Jim going 9 to 91 (Fred, I don't know how you would be coming), is to take the first exit after Hartford on I-91 North. It's called Jennings Road. At the end of the exit ramp turn left, go over the slab, and down a bit of a hill to the first traffic light. Kitty-corner to the right is a Mobile station (I think it's Mobile; anyway, there's a gas station.) We could fill up there, hop back on 91, and cruise on up to Brattleboro, creating envy and desire in all who see us. Other thoughts welcome.

This is going to be a great weekend, I can feel it, the vibes are good and the mojo is strong.

Bill
Guilford, CT
post #45 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 6:59 pm Thread Starter

Molly Stark Hotel

Molly Stark is good. Now that one member of the group has a reservation for Friday at the Molly Stark Hotel, perhaps others will follow suit.

Bill,

"Charlie" is a nickname, and I have signed posts as Charlie. It is my intention to confuse. How I got the nickname Charlie is a short and uninteresting story which I am bound to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by was
OK, I don't check in for like 2 days and suddenly there are 2 new PAGES of posts with accident reports, personal injuries, route recommendations, group reservations, and PLANS! You all have been busy beavers.

Curtis (I gotta get used to writing that, apologies for assuming that your name was Charlie), you have done a magnificent job in arranging all the logistics. Jim, if you can't ride because you can't shift we'll get her started in 3rd gear, you won't have to shift all the way up to Vermont! Pics, please. (Of the FOOT as well as the bike.) Or you can ride pillion and I'll tell everybody that you are my instructor, I'm getting ready to solo. Or you can put on a pair of Draggin' Jeans and I'll tow you up.

I'm registered at the Molly Stark Motel for Friday night, and the Dubonnet, uh, I mean Gray Bonnett for Saturday. Anyone who want to join me at the Molly Stark feel free, $55 for the night and the guy who runs the place said that if no one was at the registration desk when I arrived my room would be unlocked with the key inside. Sounds very laid back. I love Vermont.

Jim, Fred, Ray, and anyone else heading north, where and when do you want to join up? One possibility, assuming that Ray is coming east on 84, Jim going 9 to 91 (Fred, I don't know how you would be coming), is to take the first exit after Hartford on I-91 North. It's called Jennings Road. At the end of the exit ramp turn left, go over the slab, and down a bit of a hill to the first traffic light. Kitty-corner to the right is a Mobile station (I think it's Mobile; anyway, there's a gas station.) We could fill up there, hop back on 91, and cruise on up to Brattleboro, creating envy and desire in all who see us. Other thoughts welcome.

This is going to be a great weekend, I can feel it, the vibes are good and the mojo is strong.
post #46 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 7:38 pm

Red face you asked well here they are

At this point I will be more than likley be riding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leftside.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	12154   Click image for larger version

Name:	lowerleftfairiing.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	12155   Click image for larger version

Name:	shiftlever.jpg
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	12156   Click image for larger version

Name:	undersidecrashbar.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	12157   Click image for larger version

Name:	ankles.jpg
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	12158  

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #47 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 8:16 pm

Quote:
Molly Stark is good. Now that one member of the group has a reservation for Friday at the Molly Stark Hotel, perhaps others will follow suit.

Bill,

"Charlie" is a nickname, and I have signed posts as Charlie. It is my intention to confuse. How I got the nickname Charlie is a short and uninteresting story which I am bound to tell.
Ok, did a search for Molly Stark Hotel and his web site say that he is closed Most be another Molly Stark Hotel. Bill do you have a phone or web site?? for us to make reservations?

Charlie Bill CharBill I call you Muchacho I will try to do the oil change but if I am not able to do it next weekend I let you know and will take your offer, Thanks. I will try to buy the oil at the BMW in Falmouth ME next weekend or order to Max by mail. Hope I get it in time if not I will be contacting you Ok?

Jim make sure that you read my post and use RICE. The ankle looks better that I thought and hope you can make it.

BMWMOA # 130458

post #48 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 8:35 pm

Quote:
At this point I will be more than likley be riding.
Oh come on now Jim! You are a pu$$y! There are no bones sticking out anywhere that I can see... Get up and ride for crying out loud!

And next time, pick your foot up!!

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
post #49 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 8:36 pm Thread Starter

Hotel and Oil change

Molly Stark Motel
Address: Route 9 W, Brattleboro, VT 05301
Phone: (802) 254-2440
I don't think this Molly Stark Motel has a website, at least I couldn't find one.

Muchacho,
It will take me just a few minutes to do a crankcase and final drive oil change on your bike. I'll have BMW lubricants and filter ready so you won't have to truck them down here. So just plan on doing it here Friday afternoon/evening.

Quote:
Ok, did a search for Molly Stark Hotel and his web site say that he is closed Most be another Molly Stark Hotel. Bill do you have a phone or web site?? for us to make reservations?

Charlie Bill CharBill I call you Muchacho I will try to do the oil change but if I am not able to do it next weekend I let you know and will take your offer, Thanks. I will try to buy the oil at the BMW in Falmouth ME next weekend or order to Max by mail. Hope I get it in time if not I will be contacting you Ok?

Jim make sure that you read my post and use RICE. The ankle looks better that I thought and hope you can make it.
post #50 of 153 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 8:42 pm

SpineDr,

I am all day. Thanks for the post. It feels a little better today.

Phreak,
If It was wearing anything other than the boots I was i might have some bones sticking out. Hey, give me a break it was first lowside ever. Was not as bad I imagined. I plan on riding. I rode home and I taught for 6 hours on my feet after it happened.

I am just trying to get points up at the local hospital.

Its all good. I think my ego was more bruised than anything else.

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in