Mainers - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 Old Mar 11th, 2007, 7:36 pm Thread Starter

Lightbulb Mainers

There has been no activity in this forum for a while Well I will ask a question. Is There any Maine or NH folks that are willing to meet and to know each other and maybe do some theching and learning from each other?. The brothers in Connecticut are well organized and know each other well and seems a nice group of folks. Would be nice to have a group in ME / NH also. We can travel together to other states for tech sessions. Today was 42 in Rumford and decided to go for a ride in my LT to Bethel and back, had a great time . I am planning a trip to Texas the 18th of April to see my family and I have been trying to get ready for the trip. First time in a long trip for 15 years in a bike and I am exited but is kind of scary at the same time. I am planning to go out as much as I can to practice my biking before the trip. Lets see if we have others that like to get together this spring and summer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BMW K1200GT 2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic (Atlas)
BMWMOA # 130458

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HD FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2008 Suede Blue & V. Black(hers)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old Mar 11th, 2007, 8:50 pm

Dr. Thompson,

I hope you have some heat like gerbings for your trip in April as it will still be cold. It took us 3 days to travel from Syracuse to San Antonio.

There should be more traffic on the NE site once it warms up a bit.
Some year we want to make the down east rally in Maine the weekend before memorial day.
post #3 of 50 Old Mar 11th, 2007, 8:59 pm

I would like to mention that the brothers from NY/NJ/PA are also organized. For some reason you guys left us out.

I believe we are worthy of a small mention in here. To make a long story short, we feel excluded from this elite conversation and would like a chance to correct the situation.

We are willing, hopefully, to meet up in a neutral place ( heheheh ) and have a small gathering to have breakfast/lunch and possibly a small ride.

Would you like to organize such an event? It's about 5 hours to Boston for me from Central Jersey.

What do you say Doc?

Can you organize something for all of us?

Spiros

post #4 of 50 Old Mar 12th, 2007, 12:19 pm Thread Starter

(The brothers from NY/NJ/PA are also organized. For some reason you guys left us out.) Hi Spiros, Sorry for not mentioning you guys I should say that Vermont, RI and Massachusetts brothers are also included. I have been reading your posts and have not heard from Maine and NH and I was wondering where is everyone. Like come out come out wherever you are!!! I think that it would be fun to organize a nice weekend meet some were in between and accessible for everyone Boston or RI some were. We need some suggestions from RI / MA brothers and sisters Could be a lunch and chat or a nice trip through the mountains of Vermont with a overnight. Site seeing the cover bridges and shopping in a small town (wife’s would like that). What do you think Need to know from Vermont for suggestions there. I game for a nice weekend or a lunch and chat.
Jim the down east rally in Maine the weekend before memorial day. Do you have more info on the rally? I love to make that one as well. I do not have electric liners but I am thinking about buying a set before going, At least the jacket liner and gloves. How was your ride to San Antonio and which rout did you take? I am exited

BMWMOA # 130458

post #5 of 50 Old Mar 12th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedr
(The brothers from NY/NJ/PA are also organized. For some reason you guys left us out.) Hi Spiros, Sorry for not mentioning you guys

Its ok. Hello there back at you !

I should say that Vermont, RI and Massachusetts brothers are also included. I have been reading your posts and have not heard from Maine and NH and I was wondering where is everyone. Like come out come out wherever you are!!! I think that it would be fun to organize a nice weekend meet some were in between and accessible for everyone Boston or RI some were. We need some suggestions from RI / MA brothers and sisters Could be a lunch and chat or a nice trip through the mountains of Vermont with a overnight. Site seeing the cover bridges and shopping in a small town (wife’s would like that). What do you think Need to know from Vermont for suggestions there. I game for a nice weekend or a lunch and chat.
Jim the down east rally in Maine the weekend before memorial day. Do you have more info on the rally? I love to make that one as well. I do not have electric liners but I am thinking about buying a set before going, At least the jacket liner and gloves. How was your ride to San Antonio and which rout did you take? I am exited
Lets see how many people are willing to do an overnight somewhere in VT and how many people want to keep it just for a day.

I would love to do an overnight!!!!

I am in pending on the dates arranged!
post #6 of 50 Old Mar 13th, 2007, 6:05 pm Thread Starter

I notice that there is some folks looking at this tread, We are looking to organize a nice get together in the north east. Informal, fun and do some riding when it gets wormer, May, June maybe through Vermont or NH. Need some help from you riders of that area to direct or help organize. Routs, inexpensive hotels but nice that can be recommended. Summer is coming and the nice thing about living in the north East is that we do not have to ride too far to find beautiful landscapes and interesting towns people to talk to. Lets try to organize a nice weekend tour if we can with your help. Everyone is invited

BMWMOA # 130458

post #7 of 50 Old Mar 13th, 2007, 6:52 pm

the deep south of vermont

Quote:
I notice that there is some folks looking at this tread, We are looking to organize a nice get together in the north east. Informal, fun and do some riding when it gets wormer, May, June maybe through Vermont or NH. Need some help from you riders of that area to direct or help organize. Routs, inexpensive hotels but nice that can be recommended. Summer is coming and the nice thing about living in the north East is that we do not have to ride too far to find beautiful landscapes and interesting towns people to talk to. Lets try to organize a nice weekend tour if we can with your help. Everyone is invited
May can be beautiful but can also be wet and cold. I have done the Downeast Rally several times (A really nice meet which fills up every year) and have been soaked or frozen my butt off 2 out of 3 times. (I lost a Gerbings connector and Hiromi and I froze on the ride back to VT in a "wintry-mix".

I would be happy to guide a weekend ride in Vermont if there is interest. Southern and Central VT has some very nice riding (twisties, sweepers, and not too flat).

Right now all weekends in May are open for me and all weekends in June except 9-10 are open for me.

I hope to have all my KLT service done well before May/June but we could do on day of tech session and one day of riding if someone wants to work on their bike. I have only a one bay garage/bike lift but other bikes could be worked on out of doors if there is interest in working on more than one bike.

Whenever we have a family reunion we make reservations at this place:
http://www.dalemschalet.com/index.html
There are many other options however.

So.... if fellow list members have interest, we can hammer out details in this thread.
post #8 of 50 Old Mar 14th, 2007, 6:09 am

I would take up CharlieVT on a heartbeat. Charlie knows the best routes to ride in VT and I have gone out with him several times. If you want a great weekend, he can exceed your expectations with the ride.

( if you mention that you are a bit reluctant to ride on a gravel road, he will ensure that you will, but you wil have fun with it. I did ! )

So now, having said that and visited the chalet he mentioned, I would say lets see some participation for this event.

I am raising my hand already!
post #9 of 50 Old Mar 14th, 2007, 6:26 am

Hey, definitely interested. I spend a lot of time in VT, and Rt. 100 is one of my favorite rides. Let's see if we can get a group together.

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #10 of 50 Old Mar 14th, 2007, 11:57 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVT
May can be beautiful but can also be wet and cold. I have done the Downeast Rally several times (A really nice meet which fills up every year) and have been soaked or frozen my butt off 2 out of 3 times. (I lost a Gerbings connector and Hiromi and I froze on the ride back to VT in a "wintry-mix".

I would be happy to guide a weekend ride in Vermont if there is interest. Southern and Central VT has some very nice riding (twisties, sweepers, and not too flat).

Right now all weekends in May are open for me and all weekends in June except 9-10 are open for me.

I hope to have all my KLT service done well before May/June but we could do on day of tech session and one day of riding if someone wants to work on their bike. I have only a one bay garage/bike lift but other bikes could be worked on out of doors if there is interest in working on more than one bike.

Whenever we have a family reunion we make reservations at this place:
There are many other options however.

So.... if fellow list members have interest, we can hammer out details in this thread.

Great!! We are brewing something here we have a total of 4 bikes so far.
RiderRay From NY
Jim Schuyler E. Syracuse, N. Y.
Spinedr (Gauthama Thompson) Rumford Maine
Master extraordinaire Charlie from VT

Thanks Charlie for helping and offering your help. Sounds like is not the first time . A tech session sound good to me but we can also do two weekends. Any excuse to go riding And later we can plan a Maine trip through the mountains in to rangly lakes. It is a beautiful ride also.
Time to be determine

Lets see who else is interested.

BMWMOA # 130458

post #11 of 50 Old Mar 14th, 2007, 11:58 am

Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1201ltc
I would take up CharlieVT on a heartbeat. Charlie knows the best routes to ride in VT and I have gone out with him several times. If you want a great weekend, he can exceed your expectations with the ride.
( if you mention that you are a bit reluctant to ride on a gravel road, he will ensure that you will, but you wil have fun with it. I did ! )
So now, having said that and visited the chalet he mentioned, I would say lets see some participation for this event.
I am raising my hand already!
That's a kind endorsement, Thanks Spiros.
Okay, to get things started.... let's say weekend of May 26 and 27?

Tentative sched open to suggestions:

Meet in West Brattleboro VT Sat morning at the Chelsea Royal Diner on route 9. Those who make it up here on Friday could stay locally Fri night. Depart after Chelsea breakfast hitting the road...say... 9AM?

Ride a southern loop of some of my favoriate roads and then head up 100 and do "the notches". Spend Sat night some where in central or northern Vermont and complete the ride on Sunday depending on folks schedules or interest in further exploration.

How's that for a start? Suggestions?

Charlie
post #12 of 50 Old Mar 14th, 2007, 12:15 pm

Count me in as well. Jsut need to know weekend. I will ahve to check my schedule. I am supposed to be teaching a BRC this summer.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

Last edited by Lzyellodog; Mar 14th, 2007 at 12:18 pm. Reason: Need to read entire thread :0
post #13 of 50 Old Mar 14th, 2007, 12:19 pm

Looks like a go for me that weekend I am teaching the weekend after. I will see if the wife wants to join.

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #14 of 50 Old Mar 14th, 2007, 1:23 pm Thread Starter

RiderRay From NY
Lzyellodog, Jim from Colchester, CT, USA

Think

BMWMOA # 130458

post #15 of 50 Old Mar 14th, 2007, 5:49 pm

Quote:

RiderRay From NY

Think

I thought I raised my hand long time ago. I am still not making this ilst for some reason.

post #16 of 50 Old Mar 14th, 2007, 8:10 pm Thread Starter

RiderRay From NY
absent Minded Spinedr (Gauthama Thompson) Rumford Maine
Spiros Edison From NJ

Think

Sorry Spiros Most be age, getting old darn it!!!

BMWMOA # 130458

post #17 of 50 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 6:17 am

Oh, yeah! The crue is getting together. Where are the other sleepers?

Maybe Jay can take a trip up from TN to spend some time with his ex-Norteastern friends unless TN is treating him better lately.

Jay, it would be an opportunity to finally meet after all of these years.

I was expecting John, Vic, Hector, Patrick, long lost davey, amongst others to have responded by now.

Is this trip a boy's night out ?

Who will be the after hours entertainment director? How about Dick? Special trip from TX?
post #18 of 50 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 6:50 am

Sounding good, I'm psyched. Let's see if we can make this thing work.

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #19 of 50 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 2:15 pm

More plans

Here's a link to the meeting place:

http://www.chelsearoyaldiner.com/

The plan is to be departing from this location at 9 AM so if you want breakfast plan on getting there around 8 AM. Directions to the diner are found on the link above.

Rain date: If the weather looks really bad I'll make the decision to postpone one week to the weekend of June 2-3.

We'll swap cell phone numbers by private msg as we get closer to the ride date.

Last edited by CharlieVT; Mar 15th, 2007 at 2:24 pm.
post #20 of 50 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Americade

I'm a maybe... but don't forget if it rains the proposed rain date bumps up against Americade week.

Chuck J

02 K1200LT (Black Beauty)

New friends make it all worthwhile!!! Smile, its catching.
post #21 of 50 Old Mar 15th, 2007, 8:49 pm

Sounds good for me if the forecast is good. My wife and I usually visit a friend up in Vt. on this weekend (remember, it is Memorial Day weekend) so we will probably stay with him in Waitsfield (near Sugarbush ski area) Saturday and Sunay nights. Maybe we will join ride for Sunday a.m., then go back to stay with him until Monday. This guy is cool. He's 89 and has been riding bikes all his life and still rides with the BMW Riders of Vermont based out of Frank's BMW in Essex Junction. Maybe he will join us on Sunday a.m.

Jim - Let Amy know that Arlene will probably go if the weather is good.

Ray

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #22 of 50 Old Mar 16th, 2007, 11:51 am
was

Can I come too, huh, can I, can I? Pleeze, pleeeeeze.

I'm in for Saturday at least, not sure about Sunday. If you stay over Saturday night are you planning on camping or luxury?

Hey Guatama, pretty cool response to your original post!!!

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #23 of 50 Old Mar 16th, 2007, 1:34 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by was
I'm in for Saturday at least, not sure about Sunday. If you stay over Saturday night are you planning on camping or luxury?

Hey Gauthama, pretty cool response to your original post!!!
Bill I am glad you are coming for the ride I think that if you try to get together for a fun day of biking and cruising through a beautiful state with a fun motorcycle nut crowd you know is the human behavior and psychological response of a group of individuals that change good stable legs for fast moving wheels MMMM , is easy to get a good tread going then. LIFE IS GREAT!!!

BMWMOA # 130458

post #24 of 50 Old Mar 16th, 2007, 1:44 pm Thread Starter

List is growing

RiderRay From NY
Absent Minded Spinedr (Gauthama Thompson) Rumford Maine
Spiros Edison From NJ
Mechanic (bikes and Minds) extraordinaire Bill Smalley (WAS) Hamden, CT

Think
Nirvana HERE WE GO!!!!

BMWMOA # 130458

post #25 of 50 Old Mar 16th, 2007, 2:09 pm

Plans cont.

Quote:
Here's a link to the meeting place:
http://www.chelsearoyaldiner.com/
The plan is to be departing from this location at 9 AM so if you want breakfast plan on getting there around 8 AM. Directions to the diner are found on the link above.
Rain date: If the weather looks really bad I'll make the decision to postpone one week to the weekend of June 2-3.
We'll swap cell phone numbers by private msg as we get closer to the ride date.
I was oblivious to the fact that I proposed Memorial Day weekend.
Would the previous weekend (19-20 May) be better? Probably less traffic on the roads, maybe fewer conflicts for folks with other holiday weekend plans. It is all the same to me but if you have a preference, voice it here in reply to this msg.

Not planning on a camping trip. I figured on finding a motel or inn somewhere mid-state for Sat night. Here's one possiblity: http://www.greybonnetinn.com/content/home/

My thoughts for the ride would have a route meandering around some of my favorite roads in southern Vermont, perhaps even dipping south into Mass. for a little. These will be secondary roads chosen for road surface, twisties and sweepers, scenic roads with some vistas. There maybe short stretches of dirt road (a mile or two); however if we are still into mud season I will avoid these. (VT dirt roads are generally very good surface, hard-pack, not loose gravel, and can be ridden comfortably at speed, unless it is mud season. You think the LT is top heavy, try riding in mud :O )

I would then head north up using mostly rte 100 with use of some other roads along the way I prefer. Saturday afternoon would probably get us to some of the "notches", Brandon Gap (rte 73), rte 125 through Ripton, and rte 17.

Check this site for comments on these roads: http://www.motorcycleroads.us/vt.html#gm

Depending on the pace and stamina of the group we could then find lodging for Sat night and consider what might be done with Sunday. Smuggler's Notch is very touristy, and I am not sure when the road through the notch will be open for the summer, but it is an interesting place so that could be on the list. If we are really motivated, Sunday could find us in the Northeast Kingdom which has more in the way of rolling hills and less mountians but has some very nice riding.

I expect that people will break off and head for home on Sunday at a time depending on where we are and where they need to get by day's end.

More thoughts on the ride: This would be a BMW "group" ride, meaning a small gaggle of bikes, each riding their own ride, not a formation. I enjoy riding point, and by some accounts I am not bad at it. This, of course, is very subjective and dependent on riding style and preference. I do mirror checks on the group behind, look out for the entire group when pulling out at stops and lights so riders don't get cut off from the group, and I try to flush out the speed traps . I may be riding two-up, but riding may still be sporty or spirited, not aggressive or reckless. I understand every rider will ride their own ride, and I will stop as needed to keep the group together. You can expect that the average speed when not in towns will be in excess of posted speed limits, if you are not comfortable with this, this is probably not the group ride for you. I expect that this will be primarily a KLT group but I may have a friend on a K75 or a MotoGuzzi. So non-KLTs may be welcome, but loud pipes are most definitely not welcome.

If you have FRS radio capability bring it along. I am not much for chatter while riding, but radio does help with communication within the group.
post #26 of 50 Old Mar 16th, 2007, 3:07 pm Thread Starter

Charlie my wife might come with me two up she is not sure, Do not have a radio at this point. The end of May in preference, my wife is taking her certification motto course the middle of May and like to be there to give her encouragement. She is thinking on a 750 Honda shadow, BMW are too tall for her and still looking for options. I will check the exact date when she gets here today and let you know.

BMWMOA # 130458

post #27 of 50 Old Mar 16th, 2007, 3:19 pm

That's a strong vote for May 26-27 (Mem Day Wkend)

Quote:
Charlie my wife might come with me two up she is not sure, Do not have a radio at this point. The end of May in preference, my wife is taking her certification motto course the middle of May and like to be there to give her encouragement. She is thinking on a 750 Honda shadow, BMW are too tall for her and still looking for options. I will check the exact date when she gets here today and let you know.
No radio, no worries.
Just a suggestion to those who have one to bring it.

If Memorial Day weekend is good for the group it works fine for me, just thought I'd check since it hadn't occured to me that I had first suggested a federal holiday weekend.

Nor'easter starting to dump on us right now. Looks like I'll be plowing again.
post #28 of 50 Old Mar 16th, 2007, 7:22 pm Thread Starter

Charlie, My wifes class is the 19th and 20th of May. Before or after and this ride is my priority. I was thinking on buying a BMW CB radio, can this radio comunicate with the FRS radios?.

BMWMOA # 130458

post #29 of 50 Old Mar 17th, 2007, 7:18 am

Ride date and Radio stuff

Quote:
Charlie, My wifes class is the 19th and 20th of May. Before or after and this ride is my priority. I was thinking on buying a BMW CB radio, can this radio comunicate with the FRS radios?.
The ride is scheduled for 26, 27 May (Sat and Sun of Memorial Day weekend).

No, FRS will not talk to CB. There have been lots of threads about radios on this site over the years, a search will yield lots more info than I can give you.
But here are the basics as I understand them:
FRS is less likely to suffer RFI (radio frequency interference) on the KLT than is a CB. I think one of the reasons lots of folks went to FRS was the noise issue with CB. OTOH, properly installed with RFI shielding a CB will work fine for bike to bike communications. And if you ride with Goldwingers, HDs, or others who have CBs then you want a CB. BTW with CB you can listen and talk to the truckers too.

I suspect that the majority of KLT riders who have radios have FRS because of performance advantages (Hey, BMW riders in general are influenced by performance advantages, otherwise they'd be ridiing HDs and Wings ).

BTW it isn't hard to have both a CB and FRS. Some folks like everything custom installed and hard wired into their bikes. My FRS radio is a small battery powered Ham "HT" which I modified to do FRS. Small handheld FRS radios aren't all that expensive. Threads on this board will dicuss which ones folks prefer, I suggest you search the archives for this info. My "FRS" is in/on my tank bag and plugs into my Autocom. A hand held CB could work much the same way, so you could plug in a FRS or CB depending on who you were riding with.

Here are a couple of links about CB and FRS:
http://www.csgnetwork.com/frsfreqtable.html
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...ions/67159.htm

Here's a link to the site's Hall of Wisdom page on communications gear:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/faq.php?..._communication

After all this radio discussion, I'll tell you that I ride without a radio most of the time. It is convenient with a group ride however if someone needs a pit stop, or something they can quickly communicate that to the group.

Last edited by CharlieVT; Mar 17th, 2007 at 7:22 am. Reason: Added Hall of wisdom link
post #30 of 50 Old Mar 18th, 2007, 8:17 pm

If this is Memorial day weekend I am out. i have a wedding I have to take pictures at.

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #31 of 50 Old Mar 18th, 2007, 8:54 pm Thread Starter

I was oblivious to the fact that I proposed Memorial Day weekend.
Would the previous weekend (19-20 May) be better? Probably less traffic on the roads, maybe fewer conflicts for folks with other holiday weekend plans. It is all the same to me but if you have a preference, voice it here in reply to this msg.

Charlie, would you consider the 19th and 20th? Maybe Lazydog and everyone can make this date. Like you say less traffic like you say. I am ok with either one and like for this to go smooth I like to meet everyone and also make easy for you

BMWMOA # 130458

post #32 of 50 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 5:11 am

Ride Date - your input please

[QUOTE=spinedr
Charlie, would you consider the 19th and 20th? Maybe Lazydog and everyone can make this date. Like you say less traffic like you say. I am ok with either one and like for this to go smooth I like to meet everyone and also make easy for you [/QUOTE]

19th and 20th are fine with me. I guess I misunderstood you, sorry. I thought you wanted to avoid 19-20 because you had wife's event. So...

Let's say ride weekend is May 19th and 20th.
Who is or isn't good for this weekend?

I am also open to route suggestions; any road or place you have heard of that you'd like to get to?
post #33 of 50 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 6:59 am

Since I'm going to be in VT Memorial Day weekend anyway, I wouldn't make this trip the weekend before. Don't want anybody to change plans because I think going the 19-20 is a better weekend anyway with less traffic, etc. I'm sure this won't be the last ride we can schedule together. Maybe one later in the season for leaf peeping. Enjoy!

Ray

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #34 of 50 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 8:08 am

NO please do not mess with your plans. I can not make the weekend prior either. I am teaching a BRC on that weekend. I will catch the next one. Sorry to mess things up but please keep your original plans.

Jim

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #35 of 50 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 8:17 am

I have been watching this thread unfold and thought I might like to join in on the ride but Memorial Day weekend would have too many people on the roads and also that is the weekend of the Charter Oak Rally here in CT.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
post #36 of 50 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 9:59 am Thread Starter

Ok, Yes Charlie it is the 19 - 20 of may. I propose 12 and 13th of May then. How is this for everyone. I not so we have the week of 5 and 6 and the week after memorial day. I love for everyone to make it ok. Charlie sorry for the dates change but I hope that your schedule is flexible becouse you are the host for this trip. Let me know

BMWMOA # 130458

post #37 of 50 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 10:50 am

Ride date- when do you want it?

Quote:
Ok, Yes Charlie it is the 19 - 20 of may. I propose 12 and 13th of May then. How is this for everyone. I not so we have the week of 5 and 6 and the week after memorial day. I love for everyone to make it ok. Charlie sorry for the dates change but I hope that your schedule is flexible becouse you are the host for this trip. Let me know
From my first post in this thread: "Right now all weekends in May are open for me and all weekends in June except 9-10 are open for me."
This is still true!

So Gents.... spinedr proposes 12-13 of May. What say you?
Or we could push it off into June.
June 2-3 is the weekend before Americade. This would work for me.
(Spiros, you still thinking about a GW test ride? I am thinking of a day ride to Americade on Tues-5th or Wed-6th June)
June 9-10 I cannot do.
June 16-17 would work.
June 23-24 would work.
After that..... well, I can't plan that far ahead

It would be too bad not to include someone who wants to make the ride if we can find a weekend that works for all.
post #38 of 50 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 2:50 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
List is growing

RiderRay From NY
Spiros Edison From NJ
Fred Rosenbaum From Ct

Think
Nirvana HERE WE GO!!!!
This is the new list I will send pm tthe list to see if we can come with a date

BMWMOA # 130458

post #39 of 50 Old Mar 20th, 2007, 7:51 am

I sure am glad to see the NorthEast forum being active and you guys planning a RTM.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #40 of 50 Old Mar 21st, 2007, 7:32 am

Quote:
From my first post in this thread: "Right now all weekends in May are open for me and all weekends in June except 9-10 are open for me."
This is still true!

So Gents.... spinedr proposes 12-13 of May. What say you?
Or we could push it off into June.
June 2-3 is the weekend before Americade. This would work for me.
(Spiros, you still thinking about a GW test ride? I am thinking of a day ride to Americade on Tues-5th or Wed-6th June)
June 9-10 I cannot do.
June 16-17 would work.
June 23-24 would work.
After that..... well, I can't plan that far ahead

It would be too bad not to include someone who wants to make the ride if we can find a weekend that works for all.
well I just checked my calender and the 12-13 May is no good for me. I am retired so just about any weekday/weekend works except the 12/13th and the Memorial Day weekend so far. I just need a couple days notice to work out kennel arrangements.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
post #41 of 50 Old Mar 21st, 2007, 10:37 am

spinedr working on best date

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredR
well I just checked my calender and the 12-13 May is no good for me. I am retired so just about any weekday/weekend works except the 12/13th and the Memorial Day weekend so far. I just need a couple days notice to work out kennel arrangements.
I got a nice email from spinedr who said he was going to private message the interested parties and see if we all could come up with the best date.

So right now I'm jsut waiting to see what he comes up with.

C
post #42 of 50 Old Mar 25th, 2007, 12:07 pm Thread Starter

Nice to have the site back!!! So far I have

Bill Smalley (WAS) Hamden, CT as any time
Lzyellodog, Jim from Colchester, CT June 16-17 or 23-24
Ksailor Chuck from NY June 23-24
FredR Rosenbaum From Ct Any time but May 13-14

I am guessing that Spiros is any time
Charley, looks like june 23 -24 is the date to go, There is 6 confirmations including you and me plus Spiros (k1201ltc) is seven that I am sure he is ok to go (right Spiros!! I am not forgetting about you and you started it )
I have not herd from the rest and hope that Ryder Ray can make it at that time. What do you think charlie, sound like we have a common date

JUNE 23 - 24

RiderRay From NY
Spiros Edison From NJ
Fred Rosenbaum From Ct
Ksailor Chuck from NY

BMWMOA # 130458

post #43 of 50 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 2:03 pm
was

OK, I've got it in my calendar. It will be a nice shakedown ride for me, the next weekend I'm leaving for Bend OR via Canada .

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #44 of 50 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 9:58 pm

looks like june 23 -24 is the date to go,

[QUOTE=spinedr]
...........looks like june 23 -24 is the date to go, There is 6 confirmations including you and me plus Spiros (k1201ltc) is seven that I am sure he is ok to go (right Spiros!! I am not forgetting about you and you started it )
I have not herd from the rest and hope that Ryder Ray can make it at that time. What do you think charlie, sound like we have a common date

JUNE 23 - 24

Okay! Let's lock it in for June 23 24.
Thanks for working the logistics.
post #45 of 50 Old Apr 1st, 2007, 7:18 pm

OK guys, my wife and I are a go for June 23 & 24 (as long as the weather is good). Where is the stop over on Saturday night?

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #46 of 50 Old Apr 1st, 2007, 7:32 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderRay
OK guys, my wife and I are a go for June 23 & 24 (as long as the weather is good). Where is the stop over on Saturday night?
Ok!!! Glad that you are in!! My wife might not make the trip due to taking a class for her masters that seems to be those two weeks but I am in. She says that I can go But with the condition that I have to do it again with her in other occation Ray think Charlie mention a ski resort in early tread (Whenever we have a family reunion we make reservations at this place:
There are many other options however.)

I am sure a comfortable place Looking forward to meet you Ray and all of you.

BMWMOA # 130458

post #47 of 50 Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 2:15 pm

Works for me, not sure the misses will be joining cuz she has committed to help volunteer at the golf tourny here in CT that weekend.

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #48 of 50 Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 6:07 pm

Count me in for this one as well (thanks for the heads up Jim!)
I'm not sure if I'll be flying solo or 2-up yet, but looks like a good weekend!

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #49 of 50 Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 7:07 am

OK, so CharlieVT, any ideas where to stay in Central/Northern VT on Saturday night?

Ray

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #50 of 50 Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:13 am

New Thread: Ride VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderRay
OK, so CharlieVT, any ideas where to stay in Central/Northern VT on Saturday night?

Ray
Ray,
I thought I posted a msg about places but now I can't find it. This "Mainers" thread is getting so deep, I get lost in here. So I am taking this discussion to a new thread: "Ride VT" where we can discuss trip details.

Jump to here: http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...964#post165964

Last edited by CharlieVT; Apr 3rd, 2007 at 11:44 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in