BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Vanilla Bean Ride

1K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  Lzyellodog 
#1 ·
Anybody want to meet up and ride to Pomfret? I live in middletown and would go out 66 to 6 to 97. This is the Yankee Beemers Ride in. My understanding is that it starts at 10AM. I would leave Middletown around 9AM.

#2 ·
I live about 3 miles from the 'Bean. Alas, I am taking my bike to the dealer (Razees) on Saturday and do not expect to have it back for several days. I may go over anyway just to lurk. If so, I'll be the guy with the Olympus camera taking pictures. I would expect to see 50 or so bikes...

#3 ·
BTW, take Rt66 to Rt6 then left onto Rt198 in Chaplin (just past the Bach Door/Harley poser bar) cross Rt44 and take a right (easy to miss) onto Rt 244. This will merge onto Rt 97 a little way from the 'Bean. I think you will enjoy that ride!

#4 · (Edited)
Directions for whomever has a Garmin GPS...

Attachments

#5 ·
Thanks

I posted something on the YankeeBEemer Clubs site and will be meeting a couple of guys in Portland then going over. Thanks for the directions and hope the ride gets back to you sooner rather than later.

#6 ·
Jim,

I am calling Razee's today and changing my appointment as I can't waste a weekend like this one without a bike! I saw on the YB board that your group is planning to take RT44. Can I join up with you guys a some logical reference point? Just give me the point and time to meet. (I was thinking somewhere around Bolton since you will be stopping there)

If not, look for the Impalla Brown LT at the 'bean.

#7 ·
Meet us here

take a left onto 85 & find your way to my house in Bolton (10 Fernwood Drive - 06043).

Paul has agreed to lead the ride into VB. I am meeting Mark in Portland at 9am and then we are headed to Pauls house. We are also meeting a couple there as well.

See you there.

We are on an 05 dark graphite LT. I wear a hiviz yellow Darien so you will not be able to miss me.

Jim

#9 ·
I'll do my best to get to you place in Bolton. What time should I be there?

#12 ·
Thanks Jim and Paul for the great ride to the VB today. I hope Amy can post some pictures!

#13 ·
Well, another great day riding in CT. A little foggy and wet but still a great ride led by Paul. We took a nice 1 hour ride to the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret for the Yankee BEemers Ride in. There were over 150 bikes of makes and one sweet Jag. Thanks for all that put the ride together.

Jim

Attachments

#14 ·
Amy,

Nice photos! (especially since that is me in them!) Any others to share?

#15 ·
BMWphreak said:
Amy,

Nice photos! (especially since that is me in them!) Any others to share?

We have a bunch I just posted a couple of the good ones. I will upload the real good ones to my Yahoo page and attach a link here for them.

Jim

#16 ·
Awesome! You should submit a couple of photos to the YB "photo of the week" feature and also to the BMW MOA. Maybe one of your photos will grace the cover of BMW ON magazine.... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.