Killington Classic - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 6:16 pm Thread Starter

Killington Classic

Anyone going up to Killington Classic? www.killingtonclassic.com We are leaving in the morning.

Last edited by DaveDragon; Sep 6th, 2006 at 7:23 am. Reason: Correct spelling in the link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 8:26 pm

Bad link. Try spelling "classic" again, Jim.

- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
'86 Honda CH-250 scooter (original owner)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"
post #3 of 8 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 6:17 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_menton
Bad link. Try spelling "classic" again, Jim.

- Bob
Thanks Bob. Spelling is not one of my best subjects and typing isn't any better.

I will try again.

www.killingtonclassic.com

post #4 of 8 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 6:36 am

Hi Jim,
My wife Joan and I will be arriving around 1 PM on Friday. Last year there weren't very many beemers let alone LT's so it may not be hard to find each other.
Hope to see you there,
Lee
post #5 of 8 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 6:38 am

Jim,
Just a note, we may be on our 650 Silver Burgman with MASS plates instead of the LT. Haven't made the final decision yet!
Lee
post #6 of 8 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 8:24 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Schuyler
Anyone going up to Killington Classic? www.killingtonclassic.com We are leaving in the morning.
I belong to the SCRC Connecticut group ( http://www.scrcct.com/ - website is down right at this instant..I will check on that) and we are heading up Thursday morning and staying in Rutland just outside. I did not go last year, but a bunch of us have gone for a few years in a row and they said it was a good time.
post #7 of 8 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 3:53 pm

Killington Classic

I just heard on local news that the Killington Classic has been on the financial edge. They are struggling to keep this event alive.
Too local for me to go up and stay but I generally stop by on a day ride. Nice event, good hotel, great riding.
Local businesses, chamber of commerce, etc. are kicking in dollars to keep the sponsors from canceling the event.
In my opinion, the Killington event is centered in better riding country than is Americade, but the Classic is a new event and doesn't have much name recognition or the "buzz" that Americade does.
Come on up and give it a try.
post #8 of 8 Old Sep 11th, 2006, 7:55 pm Thread Starter

Two Plaques won at Killington

My wife & I won the Scavenger hunt award and I was born the earliest, (oldest) or at least the oldest that admitted it.

It was cancelled last winter, but they got some funding and this was the fourth classic. They said it was up 20% over last year in attendance. Didn't give a figure. Some things were a little expensive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in