BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Blue LT in Stroudsburg, PA?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TMH 
#1 ·
Anyone out there ride a blue LT on Main Street, Stroudsburg, PA this evening about 7:00 pm? I was riding a black R1150GS. Just wondering if you live in the area, since I'm getting a new LT next week.

Les Henits
02' R1150GS and 01' F650GS

#2 ·
leshenits215 said:
Anyone out there ride a blue LT on Main Street, Stroudsburg, PA this evening about 7:00 pm? I was riding a black R1150GS. Just wondering if you live in the area, since I'm getting a new LT next week.

Les Henits
Congrats on the new LT. Where ya gettin' if from, Hermy's?

I live in Allentown, and got my new LT a little over a month ago from Hermy's.

Have been looking for other LT owners when out riding, but apparently we are few and far between.

Did see one while on mine on Airport Rd., and we both did a double take. By the time we recoginzed each other it was too late to turn around.

Anyway, said all that to say, drop me a pm when you get your bike. Be happy to share some miles with ya. :bmw:

#3 ·
leshenits215 said:

Les Henits
Les I live in neola about 8 miles from stroudsburg. 4 miles from snydersville. Feel free to ping me

#4 ·
Stroudsburg

I live in Mount Bethel and on my second LT I had a 2000 and now a 2002 in between I had a CLC this LT was triked by Hannigan in 2005. I commute every day rain or shine to Parsippany NJ on 80. I now use Cross Country BMW for service as I do not like Touch of Class. Hermey's is a very good dealer also.

#5 ·
Wow, don't ever hear much about Stroudsburg PA out here on the left coast. Last time I was out there was in the late '90's, and the attached is what I brought home to California on that trip. And what a trip it was! But no final drive issues the whole way.

Tom

Attachments

#7 ·
kens1200rt said:
concidering a tiger do you like yours thanks ken
Ken,

I like it a lot - For its intended purpose. Not as good (stable or wind/weather protection) on the highway as compared to the RT or the LT, or even my old GS-ADV. But a much better bike (IMHO) as compared to the DL1000 V-Strom - And much better looking too. Compared to the 'Strom, the Tiger does everything better, and it should be better in "limited" off-road situations as compared to the GS-ADV due to its lighter weight.

I purposely chose a bike in the '01-'04 range, as starting in '05 the Tigers became a little less dirt worthy. And it gets even worse starting with the upcoming '07's - Triumph seems to be going more super motard with the bike, and away from "adventure".

The 955 engine is smooth and beautiful, and it is a really fun bike to jump onto. Very comfortable to indicated speeds of 60 mph, but above that you get buffeting. I have an MRA windscreen (which is a little taller than stock), but I haven't tried one of the big ones from Cee Baileys yet.

Great bike for slower "secondary" roads, whether due to a less perfect surface or the lower speed limits. Comfortable and good handling, but not as much so as an RT or an LT for longer, higher speed trips.

Good Luck,
Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.