LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Aug 5th, 2006, 7:26 am Thread Starter
djw

Riding to CCR from NJ

Anyone want to join up to ride down.

2003 Silver K1200LT
2006 ZX-14
IBA # 16014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Aug 19th, 2006, 1:21 pm
was

David, my travel plans have finally solidified. I'm leaving CT early Friday morning. crossing at the GW Bridge, then taking 95 to 78, crossing into PA, and then taking 81 south to 66 in VA to Front Royal, where I'll stay Friday night. Saturday and Sunday I'm going to meander down the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway, with stops likely around Roanoke and Asheville (no reservations, so I'll take it as it comes). Monday morning to Braselton, check into a local motel as my room at CCR is not available until Tuesday. Love to have you join in on any part of the ride.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #3 of 7 Old Aug 19th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Thursday departure

Wife and I plan on departing southern VT on Thursday, west into NY state, Catskills, then PA, Gettysburg, Skyline and BlueRidge. Plan on getting to Braselton for Tues check-in. Will probably stay with friends Mon night in TN.
Welcome to try and hook up for some of the ride.

post #4 of 7 Old Aug 20th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Hi all,
We are going are riding down on Sat. 8/26 to Sterling, Va. and staying at friend's house for one night, then Sunday about 10/11am is off to CCR by way of Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway. I will probably stay one night at a hotel then ride to CCR on Monday which is when our week starts. We can catch up anywhere on that route if you are going that way. I will be on FRS channel 5 0 or if their is a set channel that others are riding to please let me know. I have not had any chance to follow what's been happen at this site because of work. I was able to get a few minutes to post my response. Hope to see you all on the road and if not, for sure at CCR.
Take care and ride safe,
Hector AKA "Falcon"
post #5 of 7 Old Aug 20th, 2006, 9:49 pm

All
Leaving Hartford Thursday for Braselton, arriving Monday afternoon. Cutting across northern NJ and then 78 to 81. A few side trips off of 81 as we head south. Picking up PRP as it crosses 77, and on to Asheville. GA roads into Braselton. Might see one of you along the way.

Charlie VT, I installed the SKF-17 last week, so now I will carry my good old FAG-19 as a spare (47K miles) and ride down. The FAG retainer sure looks wimpy viewed beside the SKF.

Barnett and Wilma

"The idea is to die young as late as possible"

Barney Rubble (rider); Wilma Flintstone (pillion).
2000LTC CHAMPAGNE, Most prominent color at early CCR's
BMWMOA 89402
post #6 of 7 Old Aug 21st, 2006, 7:26 am

Hey Hector, Everyone usually rides on 2 0 to CCR.

Looking forward to seeing y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon3552
Hi all,
We are going are riding down on Sat. 8/26 to Sterling, Va. and staying at friend's house for one night, then Sunday about 10/11am is off to CCR by way of Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway. I will probably stay one night at a hotel then ride to CCR on Monday which is when our week starts. We can catch up anywhere on that route if you are going that way. I will be on FRS channel 5 0 or if their is a set channel that others are riding to please let me know. I have not had any chance to follow what's been happen at this site because of work. I was able to get a few minutes to post my response. Hope to see you all on the road and if not, for sure at CCR.
Take care and ride safe,
Hector AKA "Falcon"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
post #7 of 7 Old Aug 21st, 2006, 8:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Hey Hector, Everyone usually rides on 2 0 to CCR.

Looking forward to seeing y'all!

...then 2 0 it is!
Thanks Grif! Looking forward to seeing you and Sandy.

Hector

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in