Lodging Info Help - PEI & Quebec City - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jul 15th, 2014, 9:49 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Lodging Info Help - PEI & Quebec City

My Bride and I will riding up the east coast after CCR through Maine and New Brunswick, to Prince Edward Island and on to Quebec city. Need info on a nice hotel in Charlottetown, PEI preferably near the harbor area we can walk to restaurant and shops. Also need info a good place to stay in Quebec City? I was there a few times years ago on business and would like to stay near the Old Town section. Not sure what the proper name is but the area looked a lot like an old European city with a lot of great restaurants and overpriced shops so my bride can spend $. I prefer the older style motels where you can ride up to door of your room and not have lug bags to far. All suggestions will be really appreciated.

Doug Sorchilla
La Quinta, CA
2012 K1600 GTL

Growing Old is Mandatory – Growing Up is Optional
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jul 15th, 2014, 4:37 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Lodging Info Help - PEI & Quebec City

In Quebec City, try Chateau Frontenac. It is close to "Old Quebec City". There is a great dealer in Quebec City called Moto Vanier. They have taken care of me a couple of times in the past when travelling through and are super to deal with. Quebec City is a fantastic place to visit!

2011, R1200RT
2006, R1200GS (located in Ireland)
2006, K1200LT (sold)
1981, Kawasaki CSR 650 (sold)
post #3 of 6 Old Jul 20th, 2014, 2:45 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktompkins View Post
In Quebec City, try Chateau Frontenac. It is close to "Old Quebec City". There is a great dealer in Quebec City called Moto Vanier. They have taken care of me a couple of times in the past when travelling through and are super to deal with. Quebec City is a fantastic place to visit!
Thanks - if Chateau Frontenac is the hotel on the hill overlooking the city and looks like a European castle - I stayed there once years ago on business. If memory serves me it was pricey but then I was on the Company's dime so cost didn't come into play.

Doug Sorchilla
La Quinta, CA
2012 K1600 GTL

Growing Old is Mandatory – Growing Up is Optional

post #4 of 6 Old Jul 20th, 2014, 3:18 pm

Was in that part of Canada in October. PEI, Charlottetown we stayed at "The Great George". Very nice , reasonable prices and 3 blocks from the main down town area with lots of sightseeing and restaurants.

Phil in Marin
2013 K1300S-30 Anniv ED. sold
2006 K1200GT-Blue of course-sold
2005 Ducati 999-the I-talian princess-sold
2004 K1200GT Gen-1, Orient Blue
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gone
2016 Triumph Thruxton R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 R1100RT.
post #5 of 6 Old Jul 20th, 2014, 4:51 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Yes, this is the hotel on the hill overlooking the old city and it cost a few $$ but very nice. Here is a website that may help. http://www.quebeccityhotels.com/
My wife was in Quebec last May and stayed:
Hôtel Sainte-Anneeee
Neighborhood: Quebec City
32 rue Sainte-Anne, Quebec City, QC
She said it was very nice.

2011, R1200RT
2006, R1200GS (located in Ireland)
2006, K1200LT (sold)
1981, Kawasaki CSR 650 (sold)
post #6 of 6 Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 9:40 pm

In Quebec City you cannot stay (or ride) within the Old City walls. That, of course, includes the "castle" hotel you mention, Fairmont le Chateau Frontenac. Thanks, Loud Pipes, for screwing up for all of us!

I ride there quite often and usually stay in one of the hotels on Grande Allee Est. I suggest that you use a good reservation site. I personally use Booking.com extensively. Use their map view to select a place that is within walking distance of the Old City.

Grande Allee is great because there are many restaurants, meaning that you can check in, leave your bike and go drinking and eating for the night.

Remember that, very much like in European cities, parking is at premium in QC. You will wind up either in an underground garage or in a tiny lot in the courtyard. It may be a bit of an experience if you are used to the unlimited wide parking spaces of the US.

Depending on how early you make reservations and if you select cancel-able or non-cancel-able booking, nice hotels in QC will run between $150-250 for the night. If unsure about motorcycle parking, call the property. I found that Canadians are willing to bend over backward to accommodate a moto rider.

The places where I stayed in the past and can recommend in that Grande Allee Est city block are: Chateau Laurier, Le Concorde and Place Grande Allee Hotel - in that order. There are many more locations further westbound, but for a one-night visit I always want to be close to Old City.

I hope that helps. Robert.

Robert in Northern NJ

'09 R12GS, '08 R12RT, '03 R1150RT, '01 F650GS - time to thin the herd?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in