Americade Photo's on Route 9N Saturday? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Jun 14th, 2006, 11:52 am Thread Starter

Americade Photo's on Route 9N Saturday?

Was anyone riding Route 9N along Lake George on Saturday late morning and see a Black Van taking pictures? He took one of us and I cannot remember the company name to find them on the web. I thought it was something like Ridepics.com or Ridephotos.com, but that didn't turn up anything useful.

Am hoping someone else may have saw them and remembers.

I gotta say that my first Americade was good, but mainly for the riding as we only spent Friday going through the vendors area. Not enough time since we rode up on Thursday, Vendors Friday, Rode Saturday, Rode home Sunday.

I saw about 12-20 LT's. I had a green one pass us going up from Albany on 87 Friday morning, a blue one pass on Saturday on the way to Albany on 87.

I briefly talked to another Canyon Red owner at our lunch stop on Saturday who was from Ohio and also riding with some Wing friends.

I was riding with my Father on his 2003 Blue Wing and brother on his 94 Black Wing. This is the first time we have ever ridden together and had an absolutely wonderful time. The wives also enjoyed the trip even with the less than perfect weather.

Didn't get too many photos since the weather kinda left us leaving the camera under cover.

Sure was a lot of noise up there.

Only had one cager try and "push" me off the road on 87 heading back to the hotel in Albany Saturday evening. Wife didn't appreciate that since she was riding with my fathers SO in the car behind us.

Can't wait until our next adventure. I think the wife enjoyed enough that she will be more inclined to do it again.

2000 Canyon Red "Crimson Cruiser"
40,000 miles grinning, and counting....
BMWMOA # 131660
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 10:17 am

I saw the same Van as well but can't remember the name either.
post #3 of 15 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 6:27 pm
was

Thanks for the ride report, Randy. Gotta get there some year soon for the experience.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike

post #4 of 15 Old Jun 13th, 2007, 6:32 am

Go to www.roadpics.com and know the date and approx time your picture was taken. $25 for 2 5X7 inc shipping. 2-3 weeks for delivery. I saw , I ordered, I'm vain. JGood
post #5 of 15 Old Jun 13th, 2007, 9:00 am

Found it and my picture, great shot especially since I don't have any shots of myself riding.

Thanks J

Last edited by JoeA; Jun 13th, 2007 at 9:19 am. Reason: add more info
post #6 of 15 Old Jun 16th, 2007, 11:13 am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeA
Found it and my picture, great shot especially since I don't have any shots of myself riding.

Thanks J
Hi Joe,
Hope all is well. Fill me in on your picture so I can check it out on the web.
Hector
post #7 of 15 Old Jun 19th, 2007, 10:45 am

Photo

Sat June 9th 10-11:00AM should be on the 7th tab...give it a shot. How have you been, may be we could get John to ride with us :-).
post #8 of 15 Old Jun 19th, 2007, 7:25 pm Thread Starter

Looks good Joe. I didn't get up that route this year. We spent more time test riding bikes this year and walking around the vendors. Still only got to go on Thursday - Sunday, but we boogied up this year so we had some time Thursday to look around as well. Wife didn't go just father, his buddy and myself. Brother almost went, but had too many other commitments to break.

Weather this year was fantastic during our stay. A little hot on Friday, but I can live with that compared to Rain and cold.

BMWMOA # 131660
post #9 of 15 Old Jun 20th, 2007, 8:20 am

This was the best Americade weather I've had in 10 years. Normally I get rained on for 3 out of 5 days. This year I went up on Wed - Sun, I didn't want to go back home.

See out on the road, be safe.
post #10 of 15 Old Jun 20th, 2007, 10:01 pm

Smile Nice Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeA
Sat June 9th 10-11:00AM should be on the 7th tab...give it a shot. How have you been, may be we could get John to ride with us :-).
Joe, nice picture. I hope you picked it up. Yes, we should get together. How about it John? Set the date and let me know. I can't wait to retire in 2 yrs so I could REALLY get some riding in.
Hector
post #11 of 15 Old Jun 21st, 2007, 6:22 am

Yesterday the service Mgr.. call RE: my bike. The o2 sensor is bad and a new one is being "overnighted" to the shop. They don't know if that is a sympton or a cause of the excessive fuel usage. (Sixty miles one third of a tank). Something is causing large amounts of fuel to be used. For now I limited to the R1100. Fun ,but Buzzy.
post #12 of 15 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 6:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfran
Was anyone riding Route 9N along Lake George on Saturday late morning and see a Black Van taking pictures?
Where exactly was the van at? I don't remember seeing it, and my eyes are getting tired from looking at all those pics. If I knew where it was, I might be able to narrow down the time. Thanks.

Dave
'06 K1200LT
'93 K1100LT (Hers)
AMA #956231
BMWMOA #130553
post #13 of 15 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 12:18 pm Thread Starter

The original post was from the 2006 Americade, not the 2007. Replies were from this year though and since I didn't ride 9N this year I can't tell you where they were, but apparently based on others replies they were there again.

Sorry I can't help.

BMWMOA # 131660
post #14 of 15 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbushey
Where exactly was the van at? I don't remember seeing it, and my eyes are getting tired from looking at all those pics. If I knew where it was, I might be able to narrow down the time. Thanks.
I don't know the exact location but I think it was about 10 miles north of Lake George downtown area on 9N. I don't think you could of missed seeing the photographer as he was standing on the side of the road in a large clearing taking photos.
This may help you narrow your search a little. My photo was taken on Wednesday, 6-6-07 between 12:00 and 1:00p.m. and that translates to photo group 154.

Bruce Hodges
post #15 of 15 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 7:32 pm
Lifetime Supporter

klyk http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thum...aspx?e=2954750

Howcome, whyfore do only Honda riders wave? Is it the automatic steering?

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in