New from SE Iowa - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Sep 9th, 2018, 5:29 pm Thread Starter

Garage
New from SE Iowa

Hello All,

Just brought home a new pony over the holiday weekend - 2009 R1200RT in Biarritz Blue. 34,xxx miles on it with all the dealer performed service that has been required.

Drove 8 hours to trailer it back. With the deal, since he does not need them any longer, a cover, interior side case liners and the best item - a heated vest that fits me perfectly.

I have been looking for a bike that has a color matched, large top case and this was the one. Found many used RT's out there but only this one met the needs.

I ride 110 miles round trip for work so this will help save some cash on fuel. I am coming off of a Triumph Rocket III Touring. I am debating on whether I should keep the Triumph.

I ordered a new CalSci windscreen for it. Ordered a Powerlet outlet so i can direct wire to the battery for my trickle charger [I did not want to spend cash to buy another charger to go through the CANBUS]. Added my Anti-Gravity jump start wire harness so am ready in the event cold weather gets me. I just had delivered yesterday the Cruz Tool B1 tool kit.

The horn is rather terrible so i am looking for a Denali Mini Sound Bomb - these seem to be on backorder everywhere. I put a SoundBomb on the other two bikes and would not be without an airhorn ever again.

I have been reading a lot on people swapping out to LED lights. I am thinking of getting the higher end halogen H7 bulbs [Sylvania zXe]. I ride early morning/night a fair amount and do not want to spend the cash on driving lights so I am looking to go to better bulbs

I have a Vizi Tec Supra Brake III on the other bike along with Hyper lights. I may add both of these to the RT later.

So far so good - the miles have been smoooooooooth and trouble free!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Sep 9th, 2018, 7:18 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: New from SE Iowa

Welcome to the forum and to your new to you 2009 RT. Looks like you are well on your way to getting the bike setup as you would like it. Enjoy the new ride!

Dennis Franks
Illinois

2012 R1200RT
2005 K1200LT traded-in
BMW-MOA 156125

IBA Saddlesore 1000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Sep 9th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Garage
Re: New from SE Iowa

Welcome from your fellow FNG. Ride often, the snow is coming.

Livin' the good life in my little home by the sea.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in