Hey From Canada - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 7th, 2018, 12:08 am Thread Starter

Hey From Canada

Hello All from Central Canada. My name's LarryR75. I'm getting back into riding next year and have a project that I'm sure I'll need some advice with;

The bike is an R75/5 which has been stored for about twenty years. It's always been inside and covered, but hasn't been in climate controlled storage so has been exposed to -30 Canadian winters.

I am in no way any kind of mechanic or tinkerer so will probably be asking lots of questions step-by-step in order to get this bike on the road next year without risk of doing any damage to it - t's a real prize!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 7th, 2018, 5:27 am

Garage
Re: Hey From Canada

Larry, welcome (I'm a newbie also). For a short time way back when I had a R65LS that was sweet. Way nicer than any of my Hondas at the time. I'll be watching to see the "as you go" photos. I'm sure others will chime in who have much knowledge on your needed advice. Good luck.
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 7th, 2018, 1:52 pm

Wow, nice project.
I can't help you much on those old bikes but will sure follow any postings you do, with lots of interest.
From a fellow Canuckian, welcome to the forum.

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 10th, 2018, 2:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryR75 View Post
Hello All from Central Canada. My name's LarryR75. I'm getting back into riding next year and have a project that I'm sure I'll need some advice with;

The bike is an R75/5 which has been stored for about twenty years. It's always been inside and covered, but hasn't been in climate controlled storage so has been exposed to -30 Canadian winters.

I am in no way any kind of mechanic or tinkerer so will probably be asking lots of questions step-by-step in order to get this bike on the road next year without risk of doing any damage to it - t's a real prize!
That model was my first BMW bike. Loved it, wish I still had it. I envy you. I am on east coast of Canada and last time I heard of my 75/5 the guy I sold it to had left it lying in a ditch in Cape Breton Island. Good luck with your restoration. Check Jeff Dean's website for a lot of info on older models (google it).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in