Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dayton, OH, United States
Going around Lake Michigan -- Pointers?
On about July 1, I'm taking a highly-modified around-the lake tour that will originate in Dayton, OH.
Stops on the way:
Grand Rapids, MI
My initial thoughts for routing and I'm looking for suggestions to improve.
1. Super slab to Grand Rapids
2. Follow US 31 to M22
3. US31 to M119
4. Cross the bridge
5. US2, M77, M28, US41 to Houghton.
6. M26 to M28 to US2 to Duluth
7. US2 to Bemidji
8. US71 and US10 to Minnealpolis
9. Great River Road (along the Mississippi to Davenport)
10. Super slab across IL, IN, and OH to home.
Any suggestions for improving the route?
2000 BMW 1200LT
1989 PC 800
2005 Suzuki Bergman (sold to buy 1200LT)
1974 Honda 360CL (didn't move out of California with me)