Don Muddiman's Arm Rest Installation Party - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Apr 11th, 2011, 8:54 pm Thread Starter

Don Muddiman's Arm Rest Installation Party

I just purchased a set of Don's armrest for my 2005 lt. The armrest should arrive by Thursday. I am decent with tools but was wondering if there was anyone who has installed Don's armrest before that lives within a 100 miles of Terre Haute, Indiana that would want to spend a couple hours this weekend supervising my installation. I can ride to you or you can ride to my shop. Either way, I will buy dinner of your choice!

Daryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Apr 11th, 2011, 10:19 pm

Re: Don Muddiman's Arm Rest Installation Party

Wish I could help. But the instructions are great you shouldn't have any problems...just read through a couple of times & reread before drilling etc so you won't make any mistakes.

BIGHOPPER (Phil)
BGB 602
2016 R1200RT LC Purchase March
2003 R1150GSA Black Beast (purchased Nov 2011- 32,372klms)
2006 K1200LT Grey
(Purchased 2008, 7,350 mls) Trade in on 2016 RT at 80,600miles
1975 Norton John Player Replica (Sold When I got Married)
1973 Norton Interstate
1965 Atlas 750
1971 Triumph Trail Blazer(Rode from London to Sydney Aust, no maps for that)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 Old Apr 11th, 2011, 11:13 pm

If the offer to drive still stands, just head on down to Fort Worth, Texas, and I'll let you take a rest while I put your arm rests on.

Doug Allison
2006 LT
BMW MOA #129428
IBA

post #4 of 13 Old Apr 12th, 2011, 1:50 pm Thread Starter

Texas sounds like a fun trip. However, I just heard out on the news that your state just lost out on a bid to receive a Space Shuttle to be put on display....sounds like I will have to ride to New York instead to see it....

Last edited by anwdaryl; Apr 12th, 2011 at 1:52 pm. Reason: oops
post #5 of 13 Old Apr 13th, 2011, 1:36 am

If I was not working I would head down as my Aunt lives there and I could do a visit at the same time. Good luck with your install!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW'S ARE THE WORST BIKE IN THE WORLD, CEPT' WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO EVERYTHING ELSE!
post #6 of 13 Old Apr 13th, 2011, 7:36 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812
If I was not working I would head down as my Aunt lives there and I could do a visit at the same time. Good luck with your install!
Someday we still need to meet. I have three children that live in Wood Dale, just south of Buffalo Grove.
post #7 of 13 Old Apr 13th, 2011, 7:44 pm

Oh hell, you're way up by Chicago....................
I've got them on my LT...............a snap to put on......but.................
I'm not riding thru Chicago traffic....

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

post #8 of 13 Old Apr 14th, 2011, 1:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARFIGHTER
Oh hell, you're way up by Chicago....................
I've got them on my LT...............a snap to put on......but.................
I'm not riding thru Chicago traffic....
No one would hold that against you.

BMW'S ARE THE WORST BIKE IN THE WORLD, CEPT' WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO EVERYTHING ELSE!
post #9 of 13 Old Apr 14th, 2011, 8:39 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by anwdaryl
I just purchased a set of Don's armrest for my 2005 lt. The armrest should arrive by Thursday. I am decent with tools but was wondering if there was anyone who has installed Don's armrest before that lives within a 100 miles of Terre Haute, Indiana that would want to spend a couple hours this weekend supervising my installation. I can ride to you or you can ride to my shop. Either way, I will buy dinner of your choice!

Daryl
Daryl,
I live in Lafayette.. but the next 2 weekends are out for me with work projects! My family lives in the Terre Haute area !! I have another LT riding buddy up here in Lafayette that provides for multiple projects on the bikes. Nothing scares me anymore :<) My LT is an 05' as well with a bunch of farkles and updates except armrests.. so far.. If a weekend after Apr 24 would work out.. I might be able to help.. or of course you could come to Laf..

Bill
KLR650
Looking for the next machine :<)
Lafayette, Indiana
post #10 of 13 Old Apr 15th, 2011, 9:36 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by anwdaryl

Daryl
Hey Daryl, as some have stated, the arm rest installation process is fairly straight forward. Heck if I can do it anyone can. I just had to get through the fear of drilling into my nice new '08. Turned out great! Probably the best farkle for the SO I have added since the floorboards!

If you are still reserved about doing it, let me know, I'm in Michigan City and have a place we can do it here. Just right now I am on Workers Comp and unable to ride down to you.

Regards,
Woody aka SoberBiker

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
~Author Unknown~

'18 K1600 BGA (Yet to be named)
'16 Goldwing F6B (Traded)
'08 K1200LT - (Traded)
'07 K1200GT - (Sold)

post #11 of 13 Old Apr 15th, 2011, 3:13 pm
jrh

Daryl,
I live in Sullivan and I have them on an 07, I didn't think the installation was easy, however , we got them on.

jrh
post #12 of 13 Old Apr 15th, 2011, 9:43 pm

I am heading down that way on Tuesday. yep, I am a Hillbilly.....

post #13 of 13 Old Apr 20th, 2011, 6:44 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billd
Daryl,
I live in Lafayette.. but the next 2 weekends are out for me with work projects! My family lives in the Terre Haute area !! I have another LT riding buddy up here in Lafayette that provides for multiple projects on the bikes. Nothing scares me anymore :<) My LT is an 05' as well with a bunch of farkles and updates except armrests.. so far.. If a weekend after Apr 24 would work out.. I might be able to help.. or of course you could come to Laf..
Thank you so much for the offer. I went ahead and dug into the project and was able to complete it without too many issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in